Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

EA Sports has confirmed on their official Facebook page that NBA Live 16 will not feature NBA player or roster editing. That means, no accessory changes, no player rating adjustments, no changing jersey numbers, etc...

Maybe it gets patched in later? Maybe not, but this is not a good sign.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 iLLWiLL @ 08/14/15 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
I think it's a generational thing. I just got into my player since Next Gen, and I have friends, my age, that don't touch it, but my nephew's (youngins), it's the only mode they play!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

It reflects a generation of narcissistic, vain, and self-absorbed people in our society I'm kidding. I'd rather play the games as my favorite teams & players and have them look & play like they do in real life. I play the MyPlayer stuff for a month or two. But it sucks when you're done playing and realize you aren't the 6'4" gazelle that you created in a virtual world, lol. (Although I actually create myPlayer's using my actual height/weight.)

# 82 The 24th Letter @ 08/14/15 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
I think it's a generational thing. I just got into my player since Next Gen, and I have friends, my age, that don't touch it, but my nephew's (youngins), it's the only mode they play!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Could be right.

My younger nephews still create themselves, max themselves out and put themselves on the Cavs, lol. I just sit back like "how is this fun?" Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 83 Kodii Rockets @ 08/14/15 02:02 PM
Where is jpdavis to make sense of all this?

# 84 b1baller @ 08/14/15 02:24 PM
Hmm, that seems to me like that not even really a big deal.

# 85 nick_sr @ 08/14/15 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
Here is my take on all of this.... EA's deal with synergy doesn't allow them to put editing in a game. That's the only reason Live doesn't have editing. It's not that it's hard to do its because Synergy won't let them. Madden has editing, 2k has editing, PES has editing, WWE has editing, heck even a small company game like super mega baseball has editing...... I don't think it's something they can't do technically I think it's something they can't to contractually. That's my own opinion on this whole mess.. Disappointed, very very disappointed.
I agree with you!

# 86 Boltman @ 08/14/15 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1baller
Hmm, that seems to me like that not even really a big deal.
Well that's understandable, to you it isn't.

But to many that's a huge, check that... monstrous deal. For many in fact, probably a deal breaker.

# 87 nick_sr @ 08/14/15 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Sliders are definitely in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can tell us what sliders are in? Did they change slides to numbers instead of the bar thing from live 10?

# 88 b1baller @ 08/14/15 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
Well that's understandable, to you it isn't.

But to many that's a huge, check that... monstrous deal. For many in fact, probably a deal breaker.
I see, and I guess I could understand for most people to want to edit rosters.

# 89 mrprice33 @ 08/14/15 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Can tell us what sliders are in? Did they change slides to numbers instead of the bar thing from live 10?
Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I can talk about that yet, and I want to err on the side of caution. Once I know for sure, I will come back and discuss though.

# 90 Shadojoker @ 08/14/15 03:08 PM
Went from a day one to not buying at all...again!! They said last year they were gonna add player and roster editing!! Now this bull!?? EA what happened to you!!??

You have this in all your previous games from NBA LIVE 95 til NBA LIVE 13..Now all of a sudden you stop??! Boo

# 91 nick_sr @ 08/14/15 03:13 PM
Well hopefully they hear us loud and clear! U saw what happened last time there was an uproar lol

# 92 The 24th Letter @ 08/14/15 03:15 PM
Seems like every time OS would write an article about the roster being out of date they would drop the next day....

Maybe this will have the same effect? lol

# 93 b1baller @ 08/14/15 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Well hopefully they hear us loud and clear! U saw what happened last time there was an uproar lol
Lol, this is a heck of an uproar. Some people aren't buying the game now because of this.

# 94 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 08/14/15 03:23 PM
Boy oh boy.....This disappoints on so many levels.....Just when we think Live is finally turning the corner back to respectability, they go & shoot themselves in the foot again. SMH. I don't want to hear that nonsense about it taking time to implement or it's not as easy as we think to put it in. How many years has it been now? 3 right......?

Message to EA...It's going on 2016!! Not having something as BASIC as roster/player editing is unacceptable & flat out insulting to be honest. You can NOT release a SPORTS game without these basic tools! You should've made sure this was the 1st thing you added this year before anything else. It baffles my mind that you guys dropped the ball (pun intended) on this. You have people like myself who grew up on Live rooting for you guys to make a comeback & begging for you to give us a reason to purchase your game, & yet you give us another reason no to smh. I REFUSE to buy a SPORTS game without roster/player editing or sliders (which is why I didn't get UFC). I don't care how good the gameplay or modes are, it's just the principal behind it.

Damn EA you just lost one.

# 95 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/14/15 03:24 PM
Hopefully the game sells better this year with the addition of Pro Am (and omission of editing )

# 96 Kodii Rockets @ 08/14/15 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Boy oh boy.....This disappoints on so many levels.....Just when we think Live is finally turning the corner back to respectability, they go & shoot themselves in the foot again. SMH. I don't want to hear that nonsense about it taking time to implement or it's not as easy as we think to put it in. How many years has it been now? 3 right......?

Message to EA...It's going on 2016!! Not having some as BASIC as roster/player editing is unacceptable & flat out insulting to be honest. You can NOT release a SPORTS game without these basic tools! You should've made sure this was the 1st thing you added this year before anything else. It baffles my mind that you guys dropped the ball (pun intended) on this. You have people like myself who grew up on Live rooting for you guys to make a comeback & begging for you to give us a reason to purchase your game, & yet you go & give us another reason no to smh. I REFUSE to buy a SPORTS game without roster/player editing or sliders (which is why I didn't get UFC). I don't care how good the gameplay or modes are, it's just the principal behind it.

Man, would've been perfect if you just would've set give and go instead. Next time.

# 97 Playmakers @ 08/14/15 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984

Message to EA...It's going on 2016!! Not having some as BASIC as roster/player editing is unacceptable & flat out insulting to be honest. You can NOT release a SPORTS game without these basic tools! You should've made sure this was the 1st thing you added this year before anything else. It baffles my mind that you guys dropped the ball (pun intended) on this. You have people like myself who grew up on Live rooting for you guys to make a comeback & begging for you to give us a reason to purchase your game, & yet you go & give us another reason no to smh. I REFUSE to buy a SPORTS game without roster/player editing or sliders (which is why I didn't get UFC). I don't care how good the gameplay or modes are, it's just the principal behind it.

I just noticed you profile

How long have you been in Phoenix?

I grew up in SE Barry Farms in DC before moving to Cali and have been in Phoenix for about 10 years now

# 98 noshun @ 08/14/15 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Hopefully the game sells better this year with the addition of Pro Am (and omission of editing )

More than likely this year would be a determining factor sales wise if they even think about making a 17. Final year of the 3 yr plan and sales combined so far are downright brutal. Bad sales would probably negate another year after 3 years of bad sales. Wonder what their projections were as far as sales go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haval93
Even if Live doesn't sell a million copies, I could see EA doubling the resources for the game because of the large market of the NBA.

Why double resources, especially when little went into marketing the game? Yeah the market is large, but the hill to grab people off the other game, and into buying 2 games, giving Lives rep is a challenge in itself.

# 99 iLLWiLL @ 08/14/15 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1baller
Lol, this is a heck of an uproar. Some people aren't buying the game now because of this.

I mentioned this to them in the facebook thread that I had going with them. Hopefully they will get the picture that, at the very least, they better make sure these rosters are always up to date.

# 100 Playmakers @ 08/14/15 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
Here is my take on all of this.... EA's deal with synergy doesn't allow them to put editing in a game. That's the only reason Live doesn't have editing. It's not that it's hard to do its because Synergy won't let them. Madden has editing, 2k has editing, PES has editing, WWE has editing, heck even a small company game like super mega baseball has editing...... I don't think it's something they can't do technically I think it's something they can't to contractually. That's my own opinion on this whole mess.. Disappointed, very very disappointed.
They can take their synergy and flush it....

I mean seriously can we really get a definitive answer from EA as to what Synergy actually does for this game since it 1st became utilized?

There's several hard core gammers on here that will vouch synergy has basically had very little IMPACT on this series...

The players still play generic and the teams still all function the same.

Synergy has been a over hyped selling point for this series from day 1 and way too many excuses keep popping up as to why rosters can't be edited because it would effect Synergy yet the EA guys going all the way back to Marcus was doing player edits even with Synergy.

How is it going to break the game if we edit players as opposed to how they edit the players in the same manner?

Synergy has yet to force Chirs Paul to play like a competent PG in Live and Synergy has yet to make the Spurs differ from the Warriors in terms of playing styles.

Synergy didn't stop Shaq from launching mid range jumpers in Live and Synergy didn't increase the game tempo of the Knicks or Suns when D'Antoni was running the show.

Let me tell you about EA they will say one thing and give us the opposite like this so called Synergy engine reinventing the way we see NBA Live Play.

This is the same company who i called out for using the same ratings over a 4 year period that never changed between Live 06 and Live 10 and then they didn't even realize it themselves until I posted the data on here and NBA Live forums.

The bottom line is that many us don't need Synergy to dictate our rosters and ratings.....

We are a very hands on community here at OS and could probably update and release more Authenic playing rosters than EA themselves....

Just remove the damn thing (Synergy) or give us offline ability to edit our own teams and players that don't disturb your online community

But instead we get a mode where you can create yourself and edit your ratings and that's the next big thing for them to sale.....

Sorry for the rant but I'm beyond frustrated with this series and the direction they choose to take year after year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.