Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

EA Sports has confirmed on their official Facebook page that NBA Live 16 will not feature NBA player or roster editing. That means, no accessory changes, no player rating adjustments, no changing jersey numbers, etc...

Maybe it gets patched in later? Maybe not, but this is not a good sign.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 JazzMan @ 08/14/15 04:00 PM
This is pathetic. I was actually looking forward to Live this year. Don't think I'm touching it now.

# 102 Kodii Rockets @ 08/14/15 04:01 PM
Does anyone know the logistics of the SYNERGY deal? How much longer they have a contract with them? etc.

# 103 nick_sr @ 08/14/15 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Seems like every time OS would write an article about the roster being out of date they would drop the next day....

Maybe this will have the same effect? lol
Get on your job is writers!!! Seems like ea listens to you guys. #doitforthecommunity

# 104 da ThRONe @ 08/14/15 04:18 PM
Certainly disappointed. I think many players are over or under rated and I like to go through and correct them as I see fit.

However whether or not I'll buy the game will come down to what is done with Rising star(or whatever it's named in 16). If it's fairly bareboned or a corny forced story line then I'll pass on Live 16.

# 105 vtcrb @ 08/14/15 04:30 PM
THIS is why Live cant take the Next Step. 2k improves each year, BECAUSE it allows Users to Edit and Tinker with how the game plays, then they provide 2k with Feedback on How to Improve things. The more eyes and hands that are able to Dissect the game, the better it is for the Product to improve.

You can't ask for feedback and THEN not give us the tools to provide the Feedback.

# 106 Teddy_Long @ 08/14/15 04:47 PM
really? this demo better be good

# 107 ggsimmonds @ 08/14/15 04:54 PM
It is bad enough that editing is not in the game, but I cannot believe that they had the audacity to add in that you could still customize your player though ("swag yo self").

# 108 Poke @ 08/14/15 05:06 PM
I may be the only one not surprised here but anyway I just hope there will be sliders. If there are no sliders then this is definitely a no buy for me. Just give me good layup and post animations with sliders and the game will still be great IMO.

# 109 noshun @ 08/14/15 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
It is bad enough that editing is not in the game, but I cannot believe that they had the audacity to add in that you could still customize your player though ("swag yo self").

that's the slap to the face of Live gamers who wanted roster/player editing.. its called "You can swag yourself out tho!"

# 110 swac07 @ 08/14/15 05:18 PM
Lol at swag tho 😂 I hate that word

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

# 111 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 08/14/15 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I just noticed you profile

How long have you been in Phoenix?

I grew up in SE Barry Farms in DC before moving to Cali and have been in Phoenix for about 10 years now
Oh yeah? That's what's up. I've been in Phoenix off & on over 15 years now. Good to see a fellow OS member in my neck of the woods lol.

# 112 nick_sr @ 08/14/15 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
I may be the only one not surprised here but anyway I just hope there will be sliders. If there are no sliders then this is definitely a no buy for me. Just give me good layup and post animations with sliders and the game will still be great IMO.
Sliders already confirmed by someone who has played it . Ye I knew editing would be exclusive fir rising star mode.

# 113 lakers24 @ 08/14/15 05:41 PM

Spoiler

# 114 thmst30 @ 08/14/15 05:52 PM
I was actually starting to lean towards Live this year. And then this bad joke just happened. I cannot play another sports game without editable rosters. It takes away so much for me. Just unreal EA unreal. Lost this purchase

# 115 Mighty Tray @ 08/14/15 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
Some NBA players change their kicks on a game by game basis -- we should have been given the ability to do this, too. And I've been wanting to edit rosters in Live15 to reflect free agency/trade player movement this offseason, but nope.

I mean, I guess, if they determined that in the grand scheme of things (refining gameplay #1, followed by graphics/animations, ProAm and other modes, etc.) that they just didn't have the resources & time to get editing in, and that the lack of it wouldn't kill the experience, I guess I can understand that?

But it's been 3 years -- a team should have been assembled to make sure this got into the game this year. I don't know what to say. This kinda negates the great things revealed this morning. Still hoping there's other big news, like classic teams coming, that would certainly blow my socks off again. I'm still going to get the game because I know there will be gameplay improvements, obvious improvements in graphics/animations, and the new modes ... but damn.
A guy that works for ea Thahoopgawd dosent even no if you can use legends outside of ultimate team smh

# 116 MarvinOida @ 08/14/15 06:20 PM
I know how this is going. First EA wants to capitalize on what 2K doesn't do as well. They need to cater well in that area to get causal sales in. It's not a surprise to me that they focus on visuals, online, a bit more. Gameplay will always be the main judge but they want to get fans first to buy the game.

Pro-Am and the gear can appeal to a lot of gamers than just roster editing. The road for Live is to start making the big, marketable stuff good, and then they can move on to littler stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 117 bran9413 @ 08/14/15 06:24 PM
As a supporter of this game the past two years, I'm highly upset that roster and player editing is once again left out. They update rosters very slowly and do very little player accessory updates at a time. I'm probably gonna pass on the game this year or wait for it to be on sale because I just don't have any trust with Synergy.

# 118 Lisac @ 08/14/15 06:25 PM
No editing, no buy! Truly disappointing

# 119 fredo5020 @ 08/14/15 06:27 PM
Damn they had my money and they just let it fall out there pockets

# 120 fredo5020 @ 08/14/15 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
One of the things I learned from being there is that everything is triage. It's not an excuse by any means, but even though I agree with you, I think we both have to be realistic that for the game's health, if they had to choose one, they made the right choice.

Now, whether or not they should have had to choose is something else entirely, but we are where we are.
Absolutely made the wrong choice Roster editing adds longevity to the game

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.