Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Last night, during Game Changers Radio, Kolbe Launchbaugh, Creative Director of Madden NFL 16, advised everyone to wait until the upcoming patch (no estimated date yet, but we have seen "less than six weeks" thrown around by the development team) arrives before starting their CFM.

He talks about it at roughly the 13 minute mark.
  • They are aware of everything the community is bringing to their attention
  • They are addressing many of those items in a patch coming soon (no estimated date given)
  • You should wait until the patch is released before starting your CFM, as some of the fixes will require client side and server side fixes
No details have been given on what fixes are being implemented as of yet, but for now, it would be wise not to start your Madden NFL 16 CFM yet.

As for what could be in the patch. This is all speculation but here are some of the known CFM issues:
  • Ratings boost from drive goals making some players go over 100 overall. There is no workaround right now, drive goals are always on even if you don't keep notifications going on your screen.
  • Regression being overly harsh on offensive linemen (seems to be more pass blocking than anything else) that causes their ratings to fall quite drastically. This appears to stem more from SuperSim or simulating games as linemen give up too many sacks and then regress.
  • Rookies coming in that are not scaled to the new speed/deep accuracy ratings Madden is using on default rosters. So many new rookies can come in after season one and be better than most everyone else in the game at certain things. (This one seems like it would obviously be a reason you have to start your franchise over because rookies are put in your Year 1 CFM from the start of the season.)
Other issues we are tracking but haven't confirmed on staff ourselves:
  • QBs getting too many carries during a game (in SuperSim but not regular sims).
  • Re-signing players to really crazy bargains (that is, superstars taking major discounts).

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Bootzilla @ 08/26/15 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
It depends on the goal. They range from getting 1 in a certain stat such as a TD catch or to just keeping a team out of the red zone on defense. You can look at them when you bring up your play art, it's in the top right corner of your screen.
Thanks. I've only simmed through CFM so far to see what the scouting, draft, and free agency were like. I'm wondering if people who are experiencing the crazy boosts with players over 100 plus are hitting multiple goals. I'm guessing that once you become super human you're probably going to meet a lot of goals. Also, do the increases in ratings carry over from game to game?

# 102 bspring3 @ 08/26/15 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Thanks. I've only simmed through CFM so far to see what the scouting, draft, and free agency were like. I'm wondering if people who are experiencing the crazy boosts with players over 100 plus are hitting multiple goals. I'm guessing that once you become super human you're probably going to meet a lot of goals. Also, do the increases in ratings carry over from game to game?
NO the ratings increase is for that game only. That was the main reason that I didnt really care about it in my CFM. If I happened to hit a goal or two, it wouldnt effect any future games.

# 103 howboutdat @ 08/26/15 01:37 PM
While i dont doubt they are "looking into " these things people have brought up.Due to last year, i just doubt they are gonna fix them all. I feel like whats going to happen is , "well these are the ones we could fix, we have run out of time and hope to have it fixed in madden 17" .If this happens , im just done.

They have got to fix all of this games issues before starting on the next one , or they will waste alot of the next games dev time working on madden 16 issues instead of making something new and getting it done and having it well tested. They sent poor JL from cfm head to "work on regression and confidence all year". If it had been fixed last year instead of just saying , " here you guys go , enjoy, thanks for the money" , his time and the guy who worked with him this year could have been spent on something else. Its a simple business plan. They are constantly spending too much time , when working on the next madden , working on fixing the last one .They really need to fix all of these things this year.

# 104 jb12780 @ 08/26/15 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
This is so people are forced to play mut...that is how ea works.
How is this relevant?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

# 105 BadAssHskr @ 08/26/15 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
I started a CFM last night and I am going to continue playing it. I will take my time and not make it through the first season so hopefully the draft issue isn't there. The reason why is simple: 4 weeks from Friday is NBA 2k's early release date.

If I wait 2-3 weeks for this game to be fixed then it will probably be shelved or in the used bin of my local gamestop by then.

i've since listened to what they have to say, and it sounds like the draft issue is where the concern lies with having to restart, that's your take too?

i didn't know if this was generated before the first season starts, or after the first season concludes?

with my schedule, i'll likely only have preseason completed by monday...

i do however plan on playing my cfm long term.

# 106 SFNiners816 @ 08/26/15 01:41 PM
Quote:
The Kolbe guy said on Twitter they were only replicating the drive goal bug in quarter lengths over 8 minutes.

# 107 CM Hooe @ 08/26/15 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
How is this relevant?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
It's not relevant at all.

No more mentions of MUT in this topic.

# 108 jvalverde88 @ 08/26/15 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
This is so people are forced to play mut...that is how ea works.
Its a conspiracy.

# 109 bspring3 @ 08/26/15 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Of course it's an excuse man. But it's a valid excuse, all games have bugs. The severity of the bug to you is what determines if it's a game killing bug or something you can live with. The guys that only play MUT aren't looking at CFM and worrying about the issues we're having. It's all perspective when it comes to all of these games. The 2k series, baseball, hockey, whatever, they all have bugs that will either make you not want to play or decide they aren't something that impact your personal enjoyment of the game.
This is spot on...its all about your personal perspective on the game. I remember when MLB The Show (I think 13) had the bug where players would regress and progress in Spring Training like it was a full season. Players would go up and down 10-15 points overall and I looked at that as a game breaking bug that I could not deal with until it was patched. I do not have that same issue with these bugs right now...its all about personal perspective.

# 110 StefJoeHalt @ 08/26/15 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
The Kolbe guy said on Twitter they were only replicating the drive goal bug in quarter lengths over 8 minutes.

This true missed this tweet..still hurts though..this kind of makes sense though..last year I remember the sack issue wasn't noticed due to them mostly testing on 6-8 minute quarters..now question is no acc clock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 111 bcruise @ 08/26/15 01:45 PM
The problem with the draft thing is that the rookie ratings are generated at the start of the season (so you have something to scout). Thus it's going to affect everyone's first draft class even if you don't finish the season before the first patch releases. That's why he's saying to wait.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

# 112 SFNiners816 @ 08/26/15 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
i've since listened to what they have to say, and it sounds like the draft issue is where the concern lies with having to restart, that's your take too?

i didn't know if this was generated before the first season starts, or after the first season concludes?

with my schedule, i'll likely only have preseason completed by monday...

i do however plan on playing my cfm long term.
I guess the question regarding the draft is will all future drafts be based on the upscaled one or when patched with all futur drafts be based on the rescaled/patched versions.

I took the "don't start until the patch" statement as the mode will be nonfunctional with the new patch. I only base that on this being the first time I've heard a lead guy to say wait. I could be misunderstanding his intend though.

# 113 Bootzilla @ 08/26/15 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
I play 15 with 15-18 second accelerated clock run off. I guess if I can get 120-130 plays per game I can play less minutes by not playing with the accelerated clock...

# 114 feeq14 @ 08/26/15 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspring3
I just had to bump up fatigue a couple notches and they worked. HB/WR rotated thru along with DL...Olineman didnt come out either which was always my issue in previous games.
pretty sure that's placebo effect. It should work at base 50% fatigue. What you're seeing is players come out cause they're tired, i have yet to see the sliders work the way they're supposed to work in play now

# 115 Smallville102001 @ 08/26/15 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Of course it's an excuse man. But it's a valid excuse, all games have bugs. The severity of the bug to you is what determines if it's a game killing bug or something you can live with. The guys that only play MUT aren't looking at CFM and worrying about the issues we're having. It's all perspective when it comes to all of these games. The 2k series, baseball, hockey, whatever, they all have bugs that will either make you not want to play or decide they aren't something that impact your personal enjoyment of the game.

But madden is the only one that tends to have at least 1 major problem with franchise mode ever year. Remember last year the money issue with owner mode? While it never got fixed last year and I still don't know if it is fixed this year or not. Not only that but the show and NBA 2k tend to get better ever year and don't really regress in any way where madden even if the game gets better over all some thing tends to end up being a problem that was never a problem before. Like last year the sack issue was that a issue in madden 25? No it was not. The you had another year where guys would fumble like 20 times a game. Then that ended up getting fixed and like another year or 2 latter you got super line backers. Then later robo QB so its always like 1 step forward 2 steps back this year.

# 116 bkrich83 @ 08/26/15 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsOTTOmatic
Jeez man you are the definition of an apologist. This company can do no wrong to you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If they don't have a release date, which given the nature of what they are doing, the probably don't, what else do you want?

# 117 HozAndMoose @ 08/26/15 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
But madden is the only one that tends to have at least 1 major problem with franchise mode ever year. Remember last year the money issue with owner mode? While it never got fixed last year and I still don't know if it is fixed this year or not. Not only that but the show and NBA 2k tend to get better ever year and don't really regress in any way where madden even if the game gets better over all some thing tends to end up being a problem that was never a problem before. Like last year the sack issue was that a issue in madden 25? No it was not. The you had another year where guys would fumble like 20 times a game. Then that ended up getting fixed and like another year or 2 latter you got super line backers. Then later robo QB so its always like 1 step forward 2 steps back this year.

The Show and 2k have their fair share of issues all the time.

# 118 bkrich83 @ 08/26/15 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Not sure that's true with the Show, which by the way is my favorite game ever. It's had some pretty major progression and regression bugs, as well as off season signing shenanigans and roster management/lineup issues that make a 32 team franchise pretty much a necessity.

# 119 bkrich83 @ 08/26/15 01:55 PM
Quote:
Do you know what the criteria are before hand so you can avoid hitting that threshold
? Are you negatively affected or penalized for not reaching said drive goals? Are the goals easy to attain? I for one will never go out of my way to try to meet some player specific goal to get some sort of bump. It's a really stupid thing to implement in a sports simulation. It needs to be able to be turned off or be in a different mode like MUT or DC, not CFM.
I turned off all the goal criteria alerts so to be honest I don't even know what they are.

I also am not a big fan of the RPG/Goal based XP system, never have been don't think I ever will be. One more reason why I only play single seasons.

I get my GM/Multiseason Jollies out of FOF7

# 120 Smallville102001 @ 08/26/15 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
This true missed this tweet..still hurts though..this kind of makes sense though..last year I remember the sack issue wasn't noticed due to them mostly testing on 6-8 minute quarters..now question is no acc clock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even that I took last year has we just cant fix sacks in till madden 16 because are you meaning to tell me that you couldn't see how the CPU would take sacks after holding on to the ball for like 20 seconds? Do they really think QB just hold on hold on to the ball and never pass the ball like that?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.