Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

A new tuning file has arrived for Madden NFL 16, this one is concentrated on the risk/reward factor for WR/DB interactions.

The much anticipated patch is coming very soon, so we will continue to wait for an official release date.

With that said, let's keep the discussion in the comments on point with a discussion on the tuning update and what it's doing to the game.

Let us know what you are seeing!

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SwaggerCoach @ 09/04/15 11:56 AM
Can't wait to hear gameplay impressions! I'm out of town all weekend.

Let's hope there's a significant drop off in 1 handed catches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 2 The JareBear @ 09/04/15 12:01 PM
I, testing deep passss against Seattle in practice mode

I think I've gone 4 for 20 so far. DB seems to play the ball more effectively as far as knocking it down or swatting. Early impression much more testing required

Just had three straight one handed grabs by DT. He's high rates, but just noting

# 3 The JareBear @ 09/04/15 12:22 PM
I'm definitely seeing AI controlled DBs play the ball more effectively after the wr attempts a catch, lots of knockdown swats

# 4 Black Bruce Wayne @ 09/04/15 12:22 PM
But which set of fans did he listen to is the question. Did he listen to sim fans or arcade fans?

# 5 howboutdat @ 09/04/15 12:26 PM
One thing im interested in here ,and will have to test if i get time saturday night, If this tuning also changed something i noticed in a test CFM. I noticed if you press and hold the play wr or play ball button too soon and held it down, you would trigger DPI more often than not ( with DPI slider at 55) . Just curious if anyone notices this has changed or is the same after this... before saturday night

# 6 Brandwin @ 09/04/15 12:27 PM
Are the safeties reacting more? Sometimes they don't make a play at all.

# 7 CM Hooe @ 09/04/15 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
Is this in some way related to the forthcoming patch? Or does this address the aggressive catch concern, and separately, a patch is forth coming to deal with other things (CFM)
The tuning file update is completely separate from any title updates Tiburon may release and does not affect Connected Franchise in any way, shape, or form.

As far as we know, the only thing this tuning update adjusted was WR v DB aggressive catches.

# 8 Millennium @ 09/04/15 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The tuning file update is completely separate from any title updates Tiburon may release and does not affect Connected Franchise in any way, shape, or form.

As far as we know, the only thing this tuning update adjusted was WR v DB aggressive catches.
CM is correct. Gameplay is addressed in tuning, the bugs in CFM are coming in the patch (which has not been dated yet)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

# 9 DerkontheOS @ 09/04/15 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I'm definitely seeing AI controlled DBs play the ball more effectively after the wr attempts a catch, lots of knockdown swats
That's a very welcome addition. I would also like to know about safeties.

# 10 iLLWiLL @ 09/04/15 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Can't wait to hear gameplay impressions! I'm out of town all weekend.

Let's hope there's a significant drop off in 1 handed catches.

Gawd, I can only hope. In only my few games of play, I've had Miles Austin and Josh Huff (non-Eagles fans are saying "Who?") have both made one-hand grabs on deep balls

# 11 British Bronco @ 09/04/15 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
That's a very welcome addition. I would also like to know about safeties.
Am playing my first game after the update and right now Alex Smith has thrown 2 interceptions to my safeties - one to FS Darian Stewart and one to SS TJ Ward - so looks like for one game at least the safety play is much much better!

But then one game is not data of course...

# 12 The JareBear @ 09/04/15 01:05 PM
In general it just seems the DBs are more aggressive with ball in the air.

# 13 iLLWiLL @ 09/04/15 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Just had three straight one handed grabs by DT. He's high rates, but just noting

Damn. Honestly I'd be fine if they just removed that animation altogether. It's like the football is velcro and the receivers are wearing velcro mitts.

# 14 BreakingBad2013 @ 09/04/15 01:08 PM
Hopefully the A button suctions tackles were tuned as well

# 15 kehlis @ 09/04/15 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnnaGB
GIVE US PENALTIES ONLINE $HIT

Please don't circumvent the language filter. It's against the TOS.

# 16 l8knight1 @ 09/04/15 01:16 PM
Can't wait for the long weekend to have so real quality time for labbing.

# 17 Brandwin @ 09/04/15 01:29 PM
Seems like people in practice mode are seeing changes. I'm playing an online game vs an OS'er and safety still doesn't play ball and deep balls are completed about the same pace before tuner.

# 18 ultralow36 @ 09/04/15 01:34 PM
Well i playd lions vs steelers made some nice grabs with CJ but over very nice tune up

# 19 l8knight1 @ 09/04/15 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
Well i playd lions vs steelers made some nice grabs with CJ but over very nice tune up
What mode?

# 20 tree3five @ 09/04/15 01:36 PM
I'm not home at the moment. How do you get the tuner update?

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.