Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

The Los Angeles Clippers and Houston Rockets square off in this NBA 2K16 gameplay video featuring two Western Conference heavyweights. There's plenty of star power on the court for sure, and there's plenty to see in this video. The big thing you'll notice is this camera angle is from the ends, so you get to view the gameplay from a different perspective versus the last few. Give it a watch and let us know what you spy in the clip!

You can also watch this video on our YouTube page. Feel free to subscribe while you're there if you want.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SouthBeach @ 09/14/15 11:06 AM
Crowd chants/stomping their feet.

# 2 Smirkin Dirk @ 09/14/15 11:16 AM
Those CP3 fast breaks though.

# 3 MarkWilliam @ 09/14/15 11:18 AM
Blake alley oop. New sound on dunks!?!?

# 4 zizoux @ 09/14/15 11:22 AM
3:54, Crawford's sig. follow thru and new net/rim sound!

# 5 Vni @ 09/14/15 11:28 AM
Look how that screen frees up ariza on that zipper fist play at 2.10. That would never happen in 2K15 and you had to turbo around picks to get space most of the times. Gameplay looks incredibly tight.

Improved dunk sound at 4.20.

# 6 J_Posse @ 09/14/15 11:39 AM
Didn't like that Jamal Crawford (a notoriously poor defender) was able to body up Harden on the perimeter and stay in front even though he was human - controlled. I also didn't like the ugly *** Clippers jerseys (not 2K's fault) and too many fade away shots in the low post.

I did like all the new/updated head scans and the nice alley-oop animation. The new scans are going be very apparent when you have teammates of a similar height (Clint Capela and Dwight) but vastly different builds. Didn't anyone spot Glen Davis and whether he finally stops looking like Shrek's black son?

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

# 7 Vni @ 09/14/15 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zizoux
3:54, Crawford's sig. follow thru and new net/rim sound!

Yeah that's a new one, way better. You can still hear the old swish sound at times though. I'am guessing they're gonna progressively upgrade the audio.

# 8 JODYE @ 09/14/15 11:42 AM
Lol at that opening screen attempt. Blocked dunk from behind within the first :30 seconds AFTER Harden methodically beats his man to the rim The slowing down to pass on fast breaks. The canned close out animations that don't allow you to actually run at the shooter. (Seen at :05)

Speed/agility and acceleration is so poorly represented in this game. It's maddening to see how many things they get right but the fundamental movement of the players is still an issue. There is no reason that Harden shouldn't make that dunk on the second play of the video. Literally no reason.

# 9 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/14/15 11:42 AM
Josh Smith the same CF since 360

# 10 VDusen04 @ 09/14/15 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JODYE
Lol at that opening screen attempt. Blocked dunk from behind within the first :30 seconds AFTER Harden methodically beats his man to the rim The slowing down to pass on fast breaks. The canned close out animations that don't allow you to actually run at the shooter. (Seen at :05)

Speed/agility and acceleration is so poorly represented in this game. It's maddening to see how many things they get right but the fundamental movement of the players is still an issue. There is no reason that Harden shouldn't make that dunk on the second play of the video. Literally no reason.
I've been a little surprised at the types of dunks certain players have been attempting in these videos. Obviously, it's been nothing crazy like windmills in traffic and stuff, but Zach Randolph had a baby Shaq slam, Kevin Love had a power two-hander (not too shabby) and now James Harden's trying to take off of two-feet for a David Robinson special with a brief run-up (leading to it being blocked when he brings it behind his head).

Again, not alarming, but I might tweak it jusssst a little bit. It's probably hard to find a happy medium, as I think I heard big men didn't dunk inside at all last year.

# 11 Mauer4MVP @ 09/14/15 11:46 AM
I think it probably would have been a good idea to use the 2k scan for the player pic right before an action replay just to keep the jersey updated.

I think this was my least favorite gameplay vid of all of them. Still, very very excited.

# 12 JohnnyCash2015 @ 09/14/15 11:46 AM
Are cpu players capable of taking hook shots? Is that animation even in the game still?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 13 jayman504 @ 09/14/15 12:02 PM
I liked what I've seen from all the videos...only gripe I might have is with the 0:58 second mark of this video when Dwight goes for the block and pulls his hand back like some sort of invisable force field. Sure if he has 5 fouls and doesnt want to pick up his sixth then sure....but I've always hated when that happened.

# 14 svit @ 09/14/15 12:02 PM
What I didn't like:
1.) Transitional defense
Check fastbreaks from LAC starting from 0:29 and 0:51. In the first fastbreak Terry is "helping" (hedging) Ariza defending Paul (even when Paul is properly defended by Ariza), giving up a space for Blake Griffin's alley-up.

The second fastbreak is showing similar behavior. Why in the world should Howard "hedge" Paul, who is going left and away from the paint only to give room for a neat Paul assist to Pierce?

2.) Keep players in court - Out of bounds wall.
Harden at 0:45 does a left hesitation which should result in out of bounds call. But he is clipped and he stays in the court.

3.) Defense falling when contact from driving player is made
Check 0:47. Blake Griffin falls on the floor when in fact it should be offensive or defensive faul. Also check video between Chicago and Memphis, when Buttler sends Conley to the floor.

4.) Traveling
Beverly at 2:44

5.) Returning to the defense at 3:52. Check Monteiunas and his walking back to the defense. Only when Paul get to the same height on the court only then he started to sprint back to the defense.

Otherwise... good..

# 15 Scofield @ 09/14/15 12:09 PM
I think criticism of some of technical aspects of the game is warranted. But the mistakes that some of the players make on the court in the game are exactly the type of mistakes that players make in real life. We should only be expecting great decision making a high percentage of the time from the best of teams.

# 16 Goffs @ 09/14/15 12:14 PM
Blah 2k cam makes this game ugly ..

# 17 Vni @ 09/14/15 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JODYE

Yeah that dunk animation is pretty bad. Way too slow especially in a half court setting.

I also agree with the lack of explosiveness too.

# 18 Poke @ 09/14/15 12:22 PM
Still seeing some issues I thought would be cleaned up this year. Not as hyped as I was before but still can't wait to get my hands on it. Hopefully some slider tweakings can help because I absolutely can't play the other game as is.

# 19 bumpyface @ 09/14/15 12:27 PM
I can only see mild improvements from these vids. The game still looks a lot like 15 to me. Can't say that I'm blown away but it is what it is. Haven't heard much about the fluidity of online yet but if it resembles the overall gameplay improvement represented hear, I won't hold my breath.

# 20 BA2929 @ 09/14/15 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyface
I can only see mild improvements from these vids. The game still looks a lot like 15 to me. Can't say that I'm blown away but it is what it is. Haven't heard much about the fluidity of online yet but if it resembles the overall gameplay improvement represented hear, I won't hold my breath.
Really? We must have been watching different videos then because this looks nothing like 15 to me.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.