Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 player ratings have been released for the top 10 shooting guards in the game. 2K plans to release new Top 10's every day at 10:00 AM PST.

For those of you that may have missed it, Mike Stauffer, AKA Beds, posted an in-depth look at the changes to the NBA 2K16 ratings system about a month ago, you can read it here.

UPDATE: Mike Stauffer is posting more point guard ratings on his Twitter feed, here they are below.
  • Lou Williams - (Overall Rating - 80)
  • Kyle Korver - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Khris Middleton - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • J.J. Redick - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Joe Johnson - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Jamal Crawford - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Manu Ginobili - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • Eric Gordon - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • Tony Allen - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • Avery Bradley - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Danny Green - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Rodney Stuckey - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • J.R. Smith - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Gerald Green - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Arron Afflalo - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Iman Shumpert - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Lance Stephenson - (Overall Rating - 74)
  • Jeremy Lamb - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Tim Hardaway Jr. - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Marco Belinelli - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Kentavious Caldwell Pope - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Ben McLemore - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Austin Rivers - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Mario Hezonja - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Vince Carter - (Overall Rating - 72)
  • Justin Anderson - (Overall Rating - 71)
  • Jordan Adams - (Overall Rating - 70)
  • Archie Goodwin - (Overall Rating - 70)
  • E'Twaun Moore - (Overall Rating - 70)
  • Rashad Vaughn - (Overall Rating - 69)
  • Joseph Young - (Overall Rating - 68)
Previously released NBA 2K16 player ratings:

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 SaruAqua @ 09/18/15 02:26 PM
The ratings look nice with the exception of Kobe/Harden being overrated. Also, Jimmy > Klay, IMO, by the slightest edge. As a Heat fan, its good to see 2K respect Wade with that 86 rating.

# 42 tt500 @ 09/18/15 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Who do you think the Bulls had guarding those players? Mike Dunleavy?
Butler can't shoot it like klay. Was just saying klay has good defense. Didn't say butler sucks at d. Just talking about klay man.

And it's a 1 pt difference...clearly klay can hit the 3 ball better.

# 43 wizfan2 @ 09/18/15 02:26 PM
As a long time(Bullets) BIG TIME Wizards fan I am starting to believe that Beals career may be closer to Reggie Miller where he will be more known for his big shots in the rgular season & his clutch playoff performances, he just seem to step up in big moments and his two-way performance against the Hawks in this past postseason was probably overshadowed because they lost the series. The fact that he scored the way he did while holding Korver to about 5 fga over the last 5 games of the series was spectacular. To see the frustration on Korvers face because he couldn't even get shots off because of Beal accepting the challenge was truly "old school" D, thats the essence of a great defender.

# 44 wizfan2 @ 09/18/15 02:30 PM
Btw, like the love 2k is also showing Jimmy Butler, love the way he plays the game. 😉

# 45 Toaster @ 09/18/15 02:30 PM
Guess the golden age of the SG is over.
Can't really argue with that, actually....

# 46 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/18/15 02:37 PM
People acting like Jimmy wasn't shooting 46% FG and .378 % 3pt lol only really stat like Klay was better than Jimmy was the 3 ball . Jimmy beat him in passing / Rebounding / Steals / FTA and Klays defense is nice but as far as wings go Jimmy is the 3rd best wing defender in the league behind Leonard and Allen. Iggy was guarding Bron in the finals not Klay .

Also noted Jimmy is a better ball handler

# 47 Chocolate Chip @ 09/18/15 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBoial
nice list but Beal only a 80? have they seen him in the playoffs, slept on big time. (me being bias too being a beal fan lol)
but he took 20 shots per game to average 23ppg...

# 48 rhein77 @ 09/18/15 02:48 PM
Klay is one is the best shooters in the league and can definitely guard his position just as Butler does. Also Klay has been more consistent over their respective careers. Klay was on the fiba championship team while Butler was busy improving for the upcoming year. I agree with the ratings. Good job 2k.

# 49 YaBoial @ 09/18/15 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Chip
but he took 20 shots per game to average 23ppg...
u have to take shots to make shots, had to be doing something right because they were easily headed to the ECF before wall broke his wrist and even then he stepped up and facilitated the offense in his absence. Beal is the real deal when he is aggressive but the notion with him is being consistently aggressive

# 50 NastyGT @ 09/18/15 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
Ahhh Oladipo is top ten. Good news for me and MyLeague
My Favorite SG in 2K15 MY LEAGUE. With every team I played he was in...

# 51 alberttmc @ 09/18/15 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
People acting like Jimmy wasn't shooting 46% FG and .378 % 3pt lol only really stat like Klay was better than Jimmy was the 3 ball . Jimmy beat him in passing / Rebounding / Steals / FTA and Klays defense is nice but as far as wings go Jimmy is the 3rd best wing defender in the league behind Leonard and Allen. Iggy was guarding Bron in the finals not Klay .

Also noted Jimmy is a better ball handler
now compare it by minutes, not by game

# 52 Chocolate Chip @ 09/18/15 02:53 PM
its Dwyane Wade

not Dwayne Wade

# 53 dmankey1 @ 09/18/15 02:59 PM
In game, I'd rather play with Jimmy over Klay but obviously both are excellent SG and deserving of their ratings. After all, the ratings will change shortly and who knows who'll be on top

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

# 54 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/18/15 03:08 PM
Lol this is why I rarely respond in OVR threads ...

# 55 RandomPerson @ 09/18/15 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Jimmy > Klay
Klay is way more explosive.

# 56 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/18/15 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alberttmc
now compare it by minutes, not by game

Even if you compare them per 36 Jimmy still beats him in a majority of categories outside of ppg and 3pt shooting . Klay gets a .3 advantage passing but like I stated Jimmy is a better ball handler . Another advantage that Klay has is that he is in a much better system than Jimmy , Warriors ball movement tends to get you better shots than going out and getting them for yourself . Also it's not a shock that Klays averaging more ppg because he launches 8 threes per game and is a very good shooter opposed to the 3 Jimmy takes a game .

# 57 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/18/15 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPerson
Klay is way more explosive.

Explosive how ? Physically or in terms of shooting ?

# 58 804Scoe @ 09/18/15 03:38 PM
Give me Klay all day.

# 59 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 09/18/15 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
Uhh.... wrong.

http://www.82games.com/1415/14MIL11.HTM#bypos

Majority of time spent at SF.

Basketball reference also has him listed as an SF

http://m.bkref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXmXXmiddlkh01.html&t=1

And then there's the 5 man rotations. Mostly as a forward, http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../lineups/2015/

He did play a lot of SG. Fact is he can play 2 through 4. But he mostly played 3.
1. If you go through 82games 5 man lineups, they have Middleton at SG for over 50% of his minutes (in the 20 most-used lineups). 82games also incorrectly lists Jared Dudley as the SG in 5 man rotations with Middleton, when that was not the case.

2. If you go through Basketball-Reference's 5 man lineups, he's the SG for 86-92% of his minutes (if you assume he played SG in lineups that included Giannis or Dudley, which he did).

3. If you watched all 82 Milwaukee Bucks games + the playoff games like I did, you would have seen that Middleton started at SG in basically all of them and continued to play SG almost exclusively in all of them (with the exception of the playoffs, where Kidd played OJ Mayo and Middleton together more, and therefore slid Middleton to the SF spot.

He's known for being a sort-of positionless guy because he can play SF and play some spot minutes at PF if needed, but that wasn't really asked of him this year. He'd switch on screens like everyone else, but Jared Dudley was the small-ball PF for Milwaukee, and Giannis generally would start out at SF and then fill in wherever needed. That's why there's no concern among Bucks fans about how Middleton, Giannis, and Jabari can all play together; we already know Middleton is great at SG; Giannis played a lot at both SF and PF, and Jabari can play at both SF and PF as well. If Middleton had mostly played SF this year, that would be an actual concern, but that simply wasn't the case.

# 60 Taer @ 09/18/15 03:41 PM
Kobe is listed as a SF in the Laker roster list this year ... Will his primary position be updated to SF in 2K if the Lakers follow through and play him there?

If so, how would his ratings change (if at all)?

Here is the roster as I saw last listed:

• Point Guard: D’Angelo Russell, Marcelo Huertas*
  • Shooting Guard: Jordan Clarkson, Lou Williams, Jabari Brown*, Michael Frazier**
  • Small Forward: Kobe Bryant, Nick Young, Anthony Brown
  • Power Forward: Julius Randle, Brandon Bass, Ryan Kelly, Larry Nance Jr., Jonathan Holmes**
  • Center: Roy Hibbert, Tarik Black*, Robert Sacre, Robert Upshaw**

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.