Home
Power Pros 2016 News Post

Baseball fans, don't be sour. Look above, and feel the power! It's a new day on PlayStation 4, yes it is! For the first time in the platform's short history, Konami is bringing one of their two Nippon Professional Baseball games to PS4. Power Pros 2016 is targeting a Spring 2016 release in Japan on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, and that's all we really know about the game right now, based on an official press release that contains one teaser screenshot.

A new version of Pro Yakyuu Spirits is also being made for iOS and Android, and that product is far enough along in development that Konami has posted a pretty detailed trailer to their Japanese YouTube channel:

Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace should be available on phones and tablets sometime in 2015, according to the above video. Konami's also uploaded lots of in-game screenshots and a few paragraphs describing Ace's game modes on its Japanese webpage.

Game: Power Pros 2016Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 181 opd897 @ 05/03/16 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg4075
Unfortunately I'm a grown man with a full time job. I barely have enough gaming time as it is, let alone have to sit and use a translator to navigate though one.
Wow, I would imagine that most here work full time. Just FYI, I went to the translation site and printed translation page, took two minutes. Fired the game up and went into settings, changed the settings I wanted and was playing an exhibition game within 10 minutes. I am also ready to start my season mode as well.

On another note, this game has great variety as far as game results being different from one another. One game I shut the CPU out on a 4 hitter and won 2-0. Very next game was a complete slugfest with me losing 18-17. Good pitchers seem to shut the other side down while the average pitcher will get knocked around. Very nice!

# 182 ckarlic @ 05/03/16 05:32 PM
Is this game available to download to the PS4? I have a JP PSN account and wouldn't mind just downloading it.

# 183 jyoung @ 05/03/16 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Is this game available to download to the PS4? I have a JP PSN account and wouldn't mind just downloading it.
It's up for download on the Japanese store for 7,980 yen plus whatever tax they charge you.

The easiest way to get enough yen into your Japanese account is to buy points codes from an online website.

# 184 RNunez187 @ 05/03/16 06:57 PM
Quote:
Unfortunately I'm a grown man with a full time job. I barely have enough gaming time as it is, let alone have to sit and use a translator to navigate though one.
I'm almost 40 with a full time job and I'm married. With the help of spiritstranslation.com, this game is easy to get into Exhibition and Pennant Mode. With 2016, I now have 4 version of Power Pros(both 2012, 2013, 2016) and 2 versions of PYS. I know no Japanese at all. It seems overwhelming at 1st, but it is easy once you get into it.

Rudy

# 185 Twigg4075 @ 05/03/16 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNunez187
I'm almost 40 with a full time job and I'm married. With the help of spiritstranslation.com, this game is easy to get into Exhibition and Pennant Mode. With 2016, I now have 4 version of Power Pros(both 2012, 2013, 2016) and 2 versions of PYS. I know no Japanese at all. It seems overwhelming at 1st, but it is easy once you get into it.

Rudy
It sounds like we could be twins. Ha.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

# 186 RNunez187 @ 05/03/16 07:18 PM
Maybe try to find an older cheaper copy. Like 2012 or 2013 and see if it is something you can handle without spending $80. I got my first copy of PYS off of Amazon for $30.

# 187 RNunez187 @ 05/03/16 07:20 PM
I'm contemplating buying the team chants DLC. At least for my team(Swallows) but possibly just getting it all. I'm not really interested in the BGMs

# 188 strawberryshortcake @ 05/03/16 07:24 PM
Amazon Japan currently shows it's 9680 (approximately $90 or so I think). Still debating if I should jump on board. Looks like Japan digital PSN would be cheaper according to Jyoung's most recent post. Not even sure what's the cheapest including shipping to the United States.

Still haven't bought the game just yet.

If only I knew Japanese, I would buy the game right now, capture each screenshot and do something like this. I'm not even sure some of the following translation is correct either. Using google translator and other japanese kanji translator sort of gave me the following translation. Changed some of the translated terms to something that might make more sense, but not even sure if those are the proper substitution. "Player's stat" was actually translated as "players data" but not sure which is more correct so to speak. Another one "Laurel's 9." I don't even know what that means. That might not even be the proper translation either.

Spoiler

# 189 jyoung @ 05/03/16 07:29 PM
Quote:
Amazon Japan currently shows it's 9680 (approximately $90 or so I think).
That's the special Amazon only limited edition that costs 9,080 yen.

The regular version of the game is 7,039 yen ($66) on Amazon Japan. And it's another $6 for 2-day FedEx shipping to the USA.

Most of your pictures are correct. I believe the bottom-left mode on the main menu is the 20th Anniversary Success Mode where you face a bunch of characters from old Power Pros games. I'm not sure what "laurel's 9" is. I haven't tried that mode yet.

# 190 Will I Am @ 05/03/16 07:46 PM
Another thing about either of konami's baseball games, you can forget about any kind of late inning comeback code or rubberband effect taking place.

# 191 ckarlic @ 05/03/16 08:41 PM
OK. I was able to navigate through to the JP PS store account but am not sure if this is the right version. It looks like it is going for about 8,000 yen. Let me know if this is the one I should get.

Thanks

# 192 Will I Am @ 05/03/16 08:46 PM
The one on the second screen for 8,618 yen is the correct one. The success game is 3,000 yen, you don't want that one.

# 193 jyoung @ 05/03/16 08:49 PM
Yeah the one on the far left that doesn't have a player on it and just has the baseball logo on it is the full game.

There might be a cheaper version of the full game though?

See if you can find a cheaper one with that baseball logo tile.

# 194 Shakedowncapo @ 05/03/16 09:05 PM
There a demo I can get off the Japanese store?

# 195 strawberryshortcake @ 05/04/16 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
That's the special Amazon only limited edition that costs 9,080 yen.

The regular version of the game is 7,039 yen ($66) on Amazon Japan. And it's another $6 for 2-day FedEx shipping to the USA.

Most of your pictures are correct. I believe the bottom-left mode on the main menu is the 20th Anniversary Success Mode where you face a bunch of characters from old Power Pros games. I'm not sure what "laurel's 9" is. I haven't tried that mode yet.
https://translate.google.com/transla...FEXQTPR9BKJ185

I see three separate versions:
(1) "No Amazon limited benefits" 7045
(2) "Mu Normal Edition benefits" 7039
(3) "Amazon limited benefits" 11,200

What's the difference between the 7045 and the 7039 (mu normal edition)? I know the amazon limited beneifts 7045 specifies in the title "early purchase bonus DLC included), but is there really a difference. Didn't you also specify in one of your earlier post that you had some type of trouble getting the DLC stuff.

I remember I actually ordered Pro Yakyuu Spirits 6 (the only one with the worlds baseball classic) years ago for the PS3. Fired it up tonight and yesterday, and although the hitting looks "easy" and "simple" because there is an indicator telling the gamer exactly where the ball will land with respect to the strike zone, it's actually not as easy as it looks. Everything simply feels organic and realistic compared to MLB the Show, despite MLB16 being one of my favorite games at the moment.

I noticed you posted a link to the power pro 2016 translation, well at least the initial works. But is anyone going to do what I did a feel post back and actually put the english translation directly into the graphics/screenshots, because if not, I kind of want to do that with everything in the game, obviously for the main stuff (franchise/season/pennant/exhibition, etc mode), but also if I can find a way to get the "success" mode translated as well, even though I don't really care much for "myplayer" stuff. Don't even play "myplayer" in MLBtheshow or NBA2k16. Again, only if I have the time and a way to get the stuff translated.

http://powerprotranslation.com/setti...gs_2016-4.html

# 196 Twigg4075 @ 05/04/16 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNunez187
Maybe try to find an older cheaper copy. Like 2012 or 2013 and see if it is something you can handle without spending $80. I got my first copy of PYS off of Amazon for $30.
That might not be a bad idea. Are those older versions still solid? It'd not like rosters are an issue because I obviously have no idea who any of the players are anyway. Are the older versions for PS3?

# 197 djnate27 @ 05/04/16 09:11 AM
Is it worth spending $70 on Vita version? I have 2012 PSP version I'm currently playing.

# 198 Twigg4075 @ 05/04/16 09:26 AM
What am i doing wrong? I can't even find this game on Amazon Japan, let alone the older versions? I'm searching 'power pros' and the only thing coming up is the DS game from 2008 and a Wii game.

# 199 strawberryshortcake @ 05/04/16 09:45 AM
Quote:
What am i doing wrong? I can't even find this game on Amazon Japan, let alone the older versions? I'm searching 'power pros' and the only thing coming up is the DS game from 2008 and a Wii game.
Same here. Had to run a google/yahoo engine search for it to retrieve the right page.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B3%E3...QRXY2AVPC5WHRW

In the description, it also says: "
International Shipping: We're sorry; this item can not be shipped outside Japan"

EDIT: Does anyone have an issues attempting to sign into amazon.co.jp? I can sign in under my standard US amazon.com website, but can't under japan's amazon website.

EDIT: Found an answer online: Apparently, you need to create a new account for Japan's amazon, and other international amazon websites.

http://cdn.halcyonrealms.com/japan/h...-buying-guide/

# 200 strawberryshortcake @ 05/04/16 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Amazon Japan ended up being 2-day shipping to the USA for $6, even though their initial shipping estimate was longer. It shipped Wednesday at 5 PM and arrived Friday at noon.

Amazon Japan also has the lowest base price I've seen for the game at $66.
How did you manage to get it shipped to the USA? I'm getting the following message at the checkout page.

"Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order."

EDIT: Decided to go with the 7045 yen price. That one apparently works; able to be shipped to the USA, California. And for whatever reason, the price actually dropped to ¥ 6,523 at checkout.

Confirmation screen:
"I just bought: by コナミデジタルエンタテインメント "実況パワフルプロ野球2016 (...www.amazon.co.jp
from Amazon Japan G.K.. May 19, 2016 - May 26, 2016"

Guess that means I'll be creating screenshots, somewhere with English translation overlay, menus, gameplay, etc. As long as I can find a way to get the language properly translated. It'll make things quicker for everyone to digest at a glance.

EDIT: Checked out some of youtube video footage of "success" or "My life" mode or one of those modes, and google translation wasn't the most adequate for lengthy conversational pieces. Guess, I'll have to find another way to do it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.