Home
FIFA 16 News Post

FIFA 16 patch #2 is available now for PC users. A similar update for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users is scheduled to arrive later, but no specific date has been announced.

UPDATE: (10-5) FIFA 16 patch #2 is available now for PlayStation 4 users.

The update includes general stability improvements and addresses the following items:
  • Optimized goalkeeper rushing, AI, and positioning.
  • Improved player wage accuracy in Career Mode.
  • Addressed referee/kit clashes.
  • Addressed an exploit in Virtual Pro leaderboards.
  • Addressed a shot missing the top corner and still being called a goal.
  • FIFA Trainer button tuning.
  • Player clipping during intro sequence in certain stadiums.
The update also addresses the following FUT items:
  • EA SPORTS Football Club shared squads not showing players in FIFA menus.
  • Relisting Transfer List items not retaining previous price settings.
  • Error message when attempting to apply a contract consumable.
  • Away crowd wearing incorrect kit.
  • Some returning users experiencing an issue when naming their club.
  • Controller disconnecting in FUT modes.
Source - EA

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 orion523 @ 10/05/15 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chagels
I think they're testing some gameplay changes on their bastard child; the PC. I asked about consoles when in contact with EA but the guy wouldn't answer that specifically.
Do yourself a favor and avoid getting banned here because of agenda posting. Stick to the facts, and offer your opinions as such, not as dogma. For the record, by watching video during slider testing, it has become quite apparent to me that they've improved the player logic on the pitch, and while the difference on the pitch is quite noticeable, it's NOT a gameplay change, it's more of a bug fix(flawed logic). Other than that, no there hasn't been much changed. If you'd like proof you need go no further than Matt10L's Twitch stream archive which has both pre and post patch gameplay there.

# 102 fearwhatnow @ 10/05/15 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
So console users might never see this patch?
Vanilla game -> You're running the wing, stop suddenly at the edge of the box, go inside the box. CPU defender is left behind hopeless.
Patched game -> You're running the wing, stop suddenly at the edge of the box, go inside the box. CPU defender blocks your way and another one comes for help.

I say "EA, don't release the update for consoles. There aren't any AI and gameplay changes".

# 103 orion523 @ 10/05/15 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Vanilla game -> You're running the wing, stop suddenly at the edge of the box, go inside the box. CPU defender is left behind hopeless.
Patched game -> You're running the wing, stop suddenly at the edge of the box, go inside the box. CPU defender blocks your way and another one comes for help.

I say "EA, don't release the update for consoles. There aren't any AI and gameplay changes".
Exactly my point and a perfect example. This isn't a gameplay change per se, it's simply a fix of the flawed logic which was there previously. There have been lots of these types of improvements all over the pitch and the overall effect is dramatic, but again, not a gameplay change.

# 104 BL8001 @ 10/05/15 10:32 AM
Quick questions.

Does anyone with the latest patch also have the latest squad update?

And

Does anyone with the latest patch not have the latest squad update?

I ask because Friday night at EA forums there was a post that has since vanished that asked if the Squad update changed gameplay.

# 105 Chagels @ 10/05/15 10:37 AM
@Orion523

This really isn't the change I'm talking about. Everytime anyone has suggests the game has changed the kneejerk reaction is "Well mine didn't change, so of course yours didn't!"

I'm telling you as a seasoned player who wins div1 in UT each year; this change is completely radical. The game plays almost exactly like FIFA15 now. A few more posts from me and I'll be able to provide links to my corrospondence with EA where the employee confirms that there were indeed gameplay changes made to the PC in order to "make the game more interesting" as he put it.

Frankly, I'm tired of being dismissed, and the lack of empathy online is really getting to me. People say that I conspire and that it's all in my head. The reason this is frustrating me so much is because I've ended up with a completely different game than the one I bought - even though I'm winning, I'm saddened that it's all about pace again.

# 106 fearwhatnow @ 10/05/15 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Exactly my point and a perfect example. This isn't a gameplay change per se, it's simply a fix of the flawed logic which was there previously. There have been lots of these types of improvements all over the pitch and the overall effect is dramatic, but again, not a gameplay change.
The fix of this flawed logic results instantly to better gameplay. From that point of view there's a gameplay change/improvement.
"Nerfing" human headers inside the box reflects on gameplay also.
As I posted yesterday there's new AI coding and cpu makes now bad passes or overpowered crosses on the final third. All these affect gameplay.

# 107 fearwhatnow @ 10/05/15 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Quick questions.

Does anyone with the latest patch also have the latest squad update?

And

Does anyone with the latest patch not have the latest squad update?

I ask because Friday night at EA forums there was a post that has since vanished that asked if the Squad update changed gameplay.
It doesn't matter. There are AI fixes everywhere and I have posted the most obvious one previously. Try it yourself as you own the game on a console. It was an exploit/flawed AI logic and EA fixed it with the update. I'm not surprised that most EA devs don't have a clue. There are 2-3 new AI devs there that probably work exclusively with that part of the game. The rest focus on the online portion of the game.

# 108 orion523 @ 10/05/15 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chagels
@Orion523

This really isn't the change I'm talking about. Everytime anyone has suggests the game has changed the kneejerk reaction is "Well mine didn't change, so of course yours didn't!"

I'm telling you as a seasoned player who wins div1 in UT each year; this change is completely radical. The game plays almost exactly like FIFA15 now. A few more posts from me and I'll be able to provide links to my corrospondence with EA where the employee confirms that there were indeed gameplay changes made to the PC in order to "make the game more interesting" as he put it.

Frankly, I'm tired of being dismissed, and the lack of empathy online is really getting to me. People say that I conspire and that it's all in my head. The reason this is frustrating me so much is because I've ended up with a completely different game than the one I bought - even though I'm winning, I'm saddened that it's all about pace again.
Being brutally honest, the links to your chat really hold no water because I, just like virtually everyone else here have been given bad information by CS reps. The proof for me, lies in the pudding: VIDEO. Pre and post patch video, and going by that, saying this game plays like 15 is utterly ridiculous.
We had this same debate back on release day when there were umpteenth posts that the game was ruined, we had 15 back again, bait and switch, but then Chase posted a video of both versions(demo and full release) side by side and a that put an end to that, because we had PROOF that there was indeed NO changes made.
This time, the video, video now, is already there. We have it for all to see. So please stop with this. Let it go. Instead of carrying on with this agenda just go back and play the game, it's a damn good game well worth your time and effort.

# 109 BL8001 @ 10/05/15 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
It doesn't matter. There are AI fixes everywhere and I have posted the most obvious one previously. Try it yourself as you own the game on a console. It was an exploit/flawed AI logic and EA fixed it with the update. I'm not surprised that most EA devs don't have a clue. There are 2-3 new AI devs there that probably work exclusively with that part of the game. The rest focus on the online portion of the game.
I can't, no patch yet for xbox one.

But I can say I had a real nice match on Pro diff with the updated squads.

Before the update the CPU rarely if ever got more than 1 shot on goal on pro difficulty.

CPU out shot me last night 6 to 5 on pro. Could just be the vagaries of this AI/Game.

But what I was looking for is an indication that gameplay was changed just by the patch and not by the squad update. We are all doing the same thing, trying to figure out what the hell is going on here.

# 110 fearwhatnow @ 10/05/15 11:58 AM
Quote:
I can't, no patch yet for xbox one.

But I can say I had a real nice match on Pro diff with the updated squads.

Before the update the CPU rarely if ever got more than 1 shot on goal on pro difficulty.

CPU out shot me last night 6 to 5 on pro. Could just be the vagaries of this AI/Game.

But what I was looking for is an indication that gameplay was changed just by the patch and not by the squad update. We are all doing the same thing, trying to figure out what the hell is going on here.
You didn't understand what I wrote. Try on your XB1 the "Wing to box exploit". Run with your winger and just before you reach the corner make a sudden stop and run vertically inside the box. You'll be able to do it 99% of the time pre-patch. After the update I only managed twice and that was only with Vardy...

# 111 BL8001 @ 10/05/15 12:00 PM
Ok cool.

That is a good check.

# 112 BL8001 @ 10/05/15 01:25 PM
Can any PC patch users answer whether these modes from 15 and 14 were added in the patch?

Highlights of the Week - was in 15 and 14
Practice Match - was in 14 removed for no reason from 15
Match Day (choose any teams upcoming match) - was in 15

I cannot fathom why we are in the 3rd edition of a game on this gen consoles and they are removing modes. Inexcusable.

# 113 DBMcGee3 @ 10/05/15 03:19 PM
Quote:
Can any PC patch users answer whether these modes from 15 and 14 were added in the patch?

I cannot fathom why we are in the 3rd edition of a game on this gen consoles and they are removing modes. Inexcusable.
Man, you read my mind. I was already bummed last year about the practice match being removed. Sometimes I just like to play around, practice my dribbling and shooting, and not have all the presentation elements of a real game slowing me down. It's also a great chance to listen to what is usually a cool soundtrack.

Now they've ditched the highlights of the week AND the Match Day games??? Makes no sense to me.

So what is the best way to earn coins now anyway?

# 114 Gnemi @ 10/05/15 03:25 PM
What's the easiest way to send you guys video examples? FRAPS is rather a pain in the arse, frankly.

I feel bad because I've had the patch and absolutely love it.

I also concur with all the conversation surrounding how dynamic the gameplay is this year. It's remarkable. In the five games in my career after the patch, each one has been totally different. Last night, I played Bournemouth and enjoyed it so much that I replayed it three times. They came out with a ton of pressure, but lacked quality in the final third so I beat them twice somewhat handily and drew 1-1 the third time.

I'm mirroring Matt's sliders post-patch #2 with the exception of first touch error, which I have experimented with and haven't found anything perfect yet.

# 115 HKPound @ 10/05/15 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
What's the easiest way to send you guys video examples? FRAPS is rather a pain in the arse, frankly.

I feel bad because I've had the patch and absolutely love it.
Try OBS maybe? I've messed around with it a little bit, it's pretty simple.

# 116 BL8001 @ 10/05/15 05:57 PM
Calling all pc users, post 114 above.

Please please please take just a few seconds to check on these things?

If not, I will let people know as soon as I get the patch on xbox one.

# 117 bvb24 @ 10/05/15 08:03 PM
Quote:

I don't have the pc version but I wouldn't hold your breath.

# 118 Mo @ 10/05/15 08:17 PM
Patch is out on PS4

# 119 PPerfect_CJ @ 10/05/15 09:11 PM
Here comes the PS4 patch...Oh, Lord. Please don't let it screw anything up.

# 120 PPerfect_CJ @ 10/05/15 09:16 PM
Addressed player and team artwork and names? Hmmm.
Edit: Sorry that the pic is sideways. No idea why it came out like that. Lol!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.