Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

We were just sent word that the 'biggest (Madden) patch we've ever done' is going live today. The patch includes a brand new mode, Ranked Draft Champions, along with 'all kinds of bug fixes.'

We're efforting details on what all of this means and will update this post when we get them!

UPDATE #1: EA has posted a blog detailing the Ranked Draft Champions mode.

Quote:
"In order to compete in Draft Champions Ranked, you’ll need tickets. These tickets can be purchased with coins, and may be available through other sources such as solo challenges.

Players will need 3 tickets, which cost 9,000 coins total (3,000 coins per ticket), to enter a Draft Champions Ranked Event.

How many games will I play in each Draft Champions Ranked Event?

You will play until you either win 6 games or lose 2 games. Ranked Draft Champions is a head to head mode. This means you can lose 1 game and still win your Draft Champions Ranked event."
UPDATE #2: Here are the list of fixes in Patch 16.1

Quote:
MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
  • Addressed issue where user could only use Enhanced play call settings in Solo Challenges.
  • The Item Binder filters will retain after searching the Auction House from the Item Binder.
  • Users can now quick sell, auction, or trade items that are in their lineup; this will remove that item from the user’s lineup.
  • Turning off the Camera Toggle setting will now correctly allow you to use Strategy Pad controls in Solo Challenges.
DRAFT CHAMPIONS
  • Ranked Draft Champions mode added.
STABILITY
  • Multiple general stability fixes.
  • Fixed a softlock that could occur when viewing manual instant replay after a questionable call.
GAMEPLAY
  • Addressed a gameplay exploit where user could flip a run play and audible to a new run play resulting in an unintended ball carrier taking the handoff.
  • Addressed an issue where elite defenders were causing lower rated receivers to have 0% chance of catching during two-man interactions.
  • Fixed an exploit where users could hot route PA End Around after they would audible and reset the play.
  • Addressed an exploit with HB auto-motion vs man coverage.
  • Increased the effectiveness of AI pass rushers.
  • Eliminated the ability to “route swap” offensive plays.
  • Fixed the issue where users could not use custom defensive playbooks in online play a friend matches.
  • Increased the chances for elite defenders to intercept the ball during two-man interactions.
  • Increased pass breakup chances when using the Play Receiver mechanic in a two-man Aggressive Catch situation.
  • Addressed exploit where the safety in deep zone would misplay the ball when a receiver streaked down the seam.
  • Addressed an issue where the user would be penalized with an “On the Run” throw type when the QB’s feet were still planted and user was trying to pass lead.
  • Addressed an issue where kickers could shank field goals despite keeping the accuracy inside the cone.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the ball carrier could freeze in place after interacting with other offensive players.
  • Fixed an issue where safeties playing the outside deep zone could still get beat deep defending vertical routes.
  • Fixed an issue where preplay mechanics for DL and LB shifts would not function after pressing or backing off the secondary.
  • Addressed an exploit where motioning a WR half a step inside would give the WR a speed burst upon snapping the ball.
  • Addressed an issue where the WR would not make the proper cut after being pressed at the line of scrimmage.
  • Addressed an issue where the AI team would kick a field goal before 4th down in OT instead of attempting to score a TD.
  • Addressed an issue where outside receivers that are aligned tight to the formation are able to get behind deep third defenders consistently.
  • addressed an exploit where the MLB could come through unblocked on FG attempts and block the kick.
  • Overall improvements to AI pass blocking and bug fixes.
  • Addressed an issue where the half would end even if a defensive penalty occurred on the last play. There will now be an untimed down.
  • Fixed an issue where tapping LT during pre-play caused users to challenge a play they did not want to challenge. Users can now quick challenge by clicking in Rstick during pre-play.
  • Improved the hit stick when a user holds it down rather than flicking it.
  • Fixed an issue where FG kickers were sometimes kicking the ball wildly inaccurate when user slightly misses outside the kick meter cone.
  • Fixed an issue where Users could regain ability to Hot Route and quick hike on PA End Around by audibling to PA End Around during huddle break.
  • Decreased inaccurate passes on short throws for elite QB’s who are not under pressure with their feet set.
  • Fixed an issue where the Center does not snap the ball to the Quarterback, instead immediately engaging the Defensive/Nose Tackle, leaving the Quarterback frozen for the whole play.
  • Fixed an exploit on kickoffs where users on the return team could spam audibles until their opponent is forced to kick an inaccurate kick.
CFM
  • Added XP sliders to new online CFM’s.
  • Note: This feature will only work for new Online leagues only – available 11/18.
  • Fixed a bug in CFM preseason and regular season where a last second field goal in OT by the team who received the ball first and is on their first possession would not end the game.
  • Fixed an issue where generated rookies were only wearing Revolution Speed helmets.
  • Note: This fix will work for existing offline that don’t already have that season’s rookie draft class created; fix already applied to online leagues.
  • Tuned Confidence so that it’s not as easy to earn for offline franchise.
  • Note: This fix will work for existing offline leagues; fix already applied to online leagues.
  • Addressed an issue where users could not edit the Depth Chart during the Preseason.
  • Note: This fix will work for existing offline leagues; fix already applied to online leagues.
  • Addressed an issue where a Low Back Strain would result in an unrealistic injury length.
  • Purchasing the “Increased Experience – Increase Player Weekly Goal XP” upgrade will now function correctly.
  • Tuned generated rookie safeties’ speed to better align with the rest of the game.
  • Note: This fix will work for existing offline leagues that don’t already have that season’s rookie draft class created; fix already applied to online leagues.
  • Addressed an issue where interception season goals were not be being tracked correctly in some instances.
  • Tuned generated rookie wide receivers’ speed to better align with the rest of the game.
  • Note: This fix will work for existing offline leagues that don’t already have that season’s rookie draft class created; fix already applied to online leagues.
  • Tuned generated rookie cornerbacks’ speed to better align with the rest of the game.
  • Note: This fix will work for existing offline that don’t already have that season’s rookie draft class created; fix already applied to online leagues.
  • Fixed an issue where users could have players get traded from their team without their consent when trade type was set to Enable All.
  • Fixed an issue where users could only re-sign two players before the rest would stay in a “negotiating” state.
  • Addressed an issue when Progress Player was set to On, the user’s Coach XP would also be spent as well according to the league’s Player Progression Frequency.
GRAPHICS
  • Added Ann Mara patch to Giants default home and away uniforms.
  • Added William Clay Ford patch to Lions default home and away uniforms.
  • Falcons 50 Seasons patch is added to default Home/Away uniforms.
  • Addressed issues with Bears 1985 Blue Jersey.
  • Addressed errors with the Kansas City Chiefs Official Away Jersey

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 LowerWolf @ 11/17/15 07:30 PM
I started fresh. Deleted everything, including the game, and reinstalled. Maybe it's all in my head, but the SB intro play-through felt a tad faster/more stable as did the menus.

I'll reboot my franchise tonight and see how that goes.

# 102 tyberious4now @ 11/17/15 07:36 PM
Great patch!! I just had the cpu run a 99 yard kickoff back on me; this is a first for me...

Wow!

# 103 2_headedmonster @ 11/17/15 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I am definitely looking for as many user vs user and user vs cpu impressions we can get on this. AI pass rush was my biggest pet peeve with the game
Just did some testing with hum vs cpu and yea, im dissapointed. The ends still fire off the line at a canned, slow speed and a bunch of patty cake grappling . smfh.

# 104 danton205 @ 11/17/15 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Just did some testing with hum vs cpu and yea, im dissapointed. The ends still fire off the line at a canned, slow speed and a bunch of patty cake grappling . smfh.
Did you play against the Falcons?

# 105 iBlievN5 @ 11/17/15 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I'm concerned about them tuning the deep zones. They weren't great and did need adjusting, but I'd hate to see the deep ball become too difficult to complete because you can never get behind the DBs, or the Safeties make up an enormous amount of ground.
I was able to get Desean Jackson behind Jeremy Lane on a streak, in C3. I've only played 3 times but I think it's pretty well tuned.

# 106 The JareBear @ 11/17/15 08:20 PM
Quote:
I am watching streams of my league and it looks almost the same as before.

Hoping maybe it takes an advance or two to kick in or something.

The weird thing is in practice mode, in CFM, I see the difference. Von and Ray are doing spin moves and great edge rushes on their own, but it hasn't shown up in games yet

Maybe the holding penalty slider, which I know JoshC is big on affecting gameplay, is a factor, since penalty sliders arent represented in practice

# 107 CatMan72 @ 11/17/15 08:27 PM
So... is there any reason to restart an online CFM after this patch?

# 108 redsox4evur @ 11/17/15 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
So... is there any reason to restart an online CFM after this patch?
Do you like the amount XP given out? The answer to that is the answer to your question.

# 109 Smallville102001 @ 11/17/15 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
New sliders for xp available tomorrow. That's huge, finally give people some control of how much xp they get.

Is that only for online? Or is it for offline CFM to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
"Tuned Confidence so that it’s not as easy to earn for offline franchise."

YES

That is good this patch over all looks good the only bad news is that means I am going to have to mess with sliders and maybe just start over again with CFM because this path did a lot.

# 110 SpyPirates @ 11/17/15 08:51 PM
Here's a quick analysis of rookie speed from before and after the patch. WR speed is down (while still retaining the fastest of players), Safety speed is up, and CB speed is up slightly.

http://i66.tinypic.com/a9n6za.png

This is just one draft class, so would need to see a larger sample.

# 111 Mike Lowe @ 11/17/15 08:51 PM
Seems scrambling QBs are still not going to scramble properly, but pocket QBs will? Not complaining (I actually sold my copy), was just asking for clarification.

Also, I wish they would finally patch in more interactivity with special teams with blocked kicks, punts, bad snaps/holds, etc. With them patching in a new game mode, I simply don't believe this is impossible. It's part of football, and has never been a part of any Madden game.

# 112 Smallville102001 @ 11/17/15 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Seems scrambling QBs are still not going to scramble properly, but pocket QBs will? Not complaining (I actually sold my copy), was just asking for clarification.

Also, I wish they would finally patch in more interactivity with special teams with blocked kicks, punts, bad snaps/holds, etc. With them patching in a new game mode, I simply don't believe this is impossible. It's part of football, and has never been a part of any Madden game.

While I never saw this pocket QB taking off all the time thing like some people have. If I would play some one like Brady they would mostly stay in the pocket like they should. How ever I did see the scrambling QB not taking off. Before the first patch Scrambling QB would take off. After the first patch no one would take off. Have not play yet with this patch but game play wise my 2 biggest questions are does the patch really fix the pass rush and was any thing done about scrambling QB because that was not in the patch notes?

# 113 Sphinx @ 11/17/15 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Is that only for online? Or is it for offline CFM to?

That is good this patch over all looks good the only bad news is that means I am going to have to mess with sliders and maybe just start over again with CFM because this path did a lot.

From what i understand the xp sliders are online only. I am thinking they are being pushed server side which is why we have to wait until tomorrow and why they aren't available for offline. Just an assumption

# 114 Sphinx @ 11/17/15 09:20 PM
Quote:
I saw the exact opposite thing. I think some of this depends on the sliders you're using . In my test games, the o-line and d-line play looks improved. I have been seeing the right end get a lot more pressure than before the patch. That has always been a big complaint of mine.

# 115 Smallville102001 @ 11/17/15 09:21 PM
Quote:
From what i understand the xp sliders are online only. I am thinking they are being pushed server side which is why we have to wait until tomorrow and why they aren't available for offline. Just an assumption

The patch is good but if they are for only online and not offline then EA really dropped the ball on that one. There is no reason that they should be for just online makes zero since.

# 116 Smallville102001 @ 11/17/15 09:24 PM
Quote:
I saw the exact opposite thing. I think some of this depends on the sliders you're using . In my test games, the o-line and d-line play looks improved. I have been seeing the right end get a lot more pressure than before the patch. That has always been a big complaint of mine.

Interesting I may have to put Pass blocking back to 50 and play a few games when I get a changes to see what happens. Before the patch though I had to have pass blocking really low or there would be no pressure. I mean really low like CPU pass blocking at like 23 or something. Even then it wasn't the right positions getting the sacks and pressure.

# 117 kehlis @ 11/17/15 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
The patch is good but if they are for only online and not offline then EA really dropped the ball on that one. There is no reason that they should be for just online makes zero since.
It's only the XP sliders that are online only.

# 118 Smallville102001 @ 11/17/15 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's only the XP sliders that are online only.

Big disappointment then. How is ever one liking the way DB play? I already fell like on default there are to many INT even before the patch. I may have to lower pass coverage and reaction and INT after this patch at least that is how it sounds looking at the patch notes.

# 119 Aweb20 @ 11/17/15 09:34 PM
Call me crazy, but I am noticing subs in an offline CFM with fatigue at 50 and without touching the sub sliders. I have only played a few drives so it may just be me. Has anyone else noticed anything?

# 120 Aweb20 @ 11/17/15 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
If auto subs are fixed in CFM I'd be ecstatic... They work great in "Play Now" mode, but they've been glitched in CFM for years.
Yeah I started a new cfm with fatigue at 55 but forgot to change auto subs and within the first 5 defensive plays my safety was subbed out and the CPU's backup halfback was in. I quit and tried 50 fatigue and noticed some halfback subbing. If this isn't just me, something like 52 or 53 fatigue might be perfect.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.