Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch stream has begun, as the team talks about The Little Things, including the return of Sounds of the Show.

UPDATE: For those of you that missed the stream, you can watch the archive here.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Goblins0Fun @ 02/11/16 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
I saw WAR onone of the roster screens.
I hope this is not just for roster updates. Which WAR formula do you think they will use?

# 62 breakfastcat @ 02/11/16 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblins0Fun
I hope this is not just for roster updates. Which WAR formula do you think they will use?
I wonder if it IS just for the roster updates, and they only show the player's actual WAR so far that season, and that's it. Hopefully that's not the case, and they are actually able to calculate WAR as well as other SABR stats in Franchise.

# 63 spaceg0st @ 02/11/16 06:57 PM
i know it's work in progress, but can you guys please reduce/change the size of these massive/gaudy throwing arrows? less is more

# 64 bad_philanthropy @ 02/11/16 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason27
Roster update/ attribute update feature is awesome! I'm gonna love that!!!
What is this? Didn't catch it.

# 65 Factzzz @ 02/11/16 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceg0st
i know it's work in progress, but can you guys please reduce/change the size of these massive/gaudy throwing arrows? less is more

You can take that throwing arrow off right? Because i don't plan on using that

# 66 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/11/16 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
You can take that throwing arrow off right? Because i don't plan on using that
I'm really hoping they have the classic throwing where you just mash the button for the base. I'm not big on the loading throws thing. That's just for meter throwing right?

# 67 csamuelsvt @ 02/11/16 07:06 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned but I noticed between this stream and the others that the scoreboard that shows the score and teams seems to be different depending on the teams you're playing with...pretty cool thing to see and authentic!

# 68 Jason27 @ 02/11/16 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
What is this? Didn't catch it.
I don't recall what screen they were in but Nick was explaining what you will see with the weekly roster update and it is a screen with new player additions and attribute changes that acknowledges how many points the player increased or decreased in the change. I am going to watch the archive when I get home to see exactly where it is on the video.

# 69 Speedy @ 02/11/16 07:07 PM
I liked a ton of posts in here. [emoji3]

# 70 Ghost Of The Year @ 02/11/16 07:08 PM
I wonder what this New Attribute Radial Graph is.

# 71 ARMORALLL @ 02/11/16 07:16 PM
Noticed that the ball increases in size by the time it crosses the plate. Looks way better this year!

# 72 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/11/16 07:29 PM
Watching the stream now and was able to pause it when they had 'Hybrid Presentation' selected. It was described as sort of a smart broadcast mode that learns what presentation elements you tend to button mash through and reduces the frequency of those presentation elements in the future.

# 73 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/11/16 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I wonder what this New Attribute Radial Graph is.
Just a colored pie chart. Bigger pieces of pie = stronger rating. Different types of attributes = different colors.

# 74 Stolm @ 02/11/16 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Watching the stream now and was able to pause it when they had 'Hybrid Presentation' selected. It was described as sort of a smart broadcast mode that learns what presentation elements you tend to button mash through and reduces the frequency of those presentation elements in the future.
That's interesting, hopefully that means all the cut presentations have been restored.

# 75 MrOldboy @ 02/11/16 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Just a colored pie chart. Bigger pieces of pie = stronger rating. Different types of attributes = different colors.

I didn't look at it a ton, but was hoping that maybe it was the players attributes translated to the 20-80 scale. Have they mentioned if that is 0-99 or 20-80 yet?

Excited to check out the archive, but I know every time they talk about the umpire personalities I'll just wish they had pitch framing in the game. It would be way more convincing visually if they just added a little movement to the catchers glove when pitches are on the edge of the zone. If the umpires are really as diverse as they claim this would really change how they game looks when you're pitching. Since the default pitching view is broadcast I hope that they continue to improve the elements that show in that view every year as you see them a lot. They added a bit more catcher animation this year and that goes a long way IMO.

Also someone post a screenshot of the mythical WAR showing up. I'll believe it when I see it. If they added that to franchise and it's based off of the summed stats I will faint.

# 76 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/11/16 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I didn't look at it a ton, but was hoping that maybe it was the players attributes translated to the 20-80 scale. Have they mentioned if that is 0-99 or 20-80 yet?
Ratings are still 0-99

On another note, they mentioned custom bullpen cameras. Meaning when you're in the pitcher warmup screen, each team should have their proper camera angle peering in at the pen.

# 77 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/11/16 07:45 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned this:

@ about 42:40 - hit down the line that GOES ALL THE WAY TO THE WALL IN THE CORNER!!!

Not a grounder, a low liner past the first baseman. But still, that same hit would have died in the outfield before it got to the wall in previous games. Definitely a step in the right direction!!

# 78 jm2054 @ 02/11/16 07:47 PM
How can anyone complain after we got sounds back

# 79 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/11/16 07:48 PM
Still no Adidas...Kris Bryant rocking generic cleats. Stance looks good though (at least with 0 or 1 strikes...he cuts back on the waggle with 2 strikes).

# 80 bigdipper88 @ 02/11/16 07:48 PM
Maybe because it's a WIP, but I noticed every player has a cyberface instead of actual photo.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.