Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The latest MLB The Show 16 video, featuring Diamond Dynasty has arrived. If the embed doesn't work, click here. The Twitch stream covering more details on the mode is scheduled for Thursday, February 18.

Quote:
The Show is coming and it's better than ever with the Diamond Dynasty Expansion! Game designers Nick Livingston and Lance Leahy give a detailed look at the new features and changes to Diamond Dynasty in MLB The Show 16.

MLB The Show 16 offers the most immersive, authentic baseball game on consoles. This year The Show offers even more gameplay improvements, new game modes, and a greater ability to personalize your baseball experience.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Shakedowncapo @ 02/16/16 09:02 PM
Prime Ian Kinsler a 99 along with ARod?! SCEA pls....PLS.

# 2 Turbojugend @ 02/16/16 09:05 PM
Tim Lincecum throwback = life is complete

# 3 Livingston_SCEA @ 02/16/16 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Ratings are still a work in progress! Things will probably look a lot different come March 29th.

# 4 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 02/16/16 09:15 PM
This mode looks awesome. That daily matchup thing is really interesting hopefully it does lead to people using different players. The captains thing sounds cool and omg I need that flashback Justin Verlander!

# 5 Shakedowncapo @ 02/16/16 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston_SCEA
Ratings are still a work in progress! Things will probably look a lot different come March 29th.
Good to hear Nick...Just something that immediately caught my eye, especially when put next to A-Rod. Can't wait to see more come Thursday. Stream is gonna be packed with questions.

I need that Howard flashback in my life.

# 6 Factzzz @ 02/16/16 09:17 PM
Im gonna assume equipment isn't final in these videos since none of the players are wearing brand name sunglasses, i know at least Josh Donaldson should have Oakley sunglasses on.

As well as the fact that like 90% of the nike players are wearing the Nike Air Max Elite cleats that were in the game last year, opposed to the newer Nike shoes added.

DeGrom's hair looked good though.

# 7 ElectricAggie @ 02/16/16 09:20 PM
Are the Diamond Dynasty created players still around?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

# 8 Jeffrey Smith @ 02/16/16 09:21 PM
Sounds more complicated this year. Can't wait for the stream to get a better understanding of DD this year.

# 9 rick diesel @ 02/16/16 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
The Show's overall rating algorithm is quite kind to 2B compared to other positions (in particular 1B). Kinsler's speed/power/fielding combo in his prime would definitely result in an upper 90s rating for a second basemen.

# 10 BravesBoy @ 02/16/16 09:23 PM
Looks like they added a lot to the DD mode. Personally, not a mode I've been interested in ever since its been introduced (franchise guy). But I'm sure the people who enjoy this mode will have fun with it.

# 11 TheWarmWind @ 02/16/16 09:32 PM
Looks great! You guys added the two things DD needed in order to get me to play it.

1. A reason not to just field the best players possible (allowing for varied lineups)

2. Play with friends feature.

Now if only I had some friends who played the show.

Side note: I hate to be the one to bring this up, but isn't using an ARod prime card... well isn't that cheating?

# 12 chaz526 @ 02/16/16 09:33 PM
Unless I'm misunderstanding the captains mode, I'm kind of disappointed that there's no single player season type mode in DD. A la Madden Ultimate Team single player challenges. I'd love to play through a series of 3 inning games or something of the sort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 13 OhDaesu19 @ 02/16/16 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Looks great! You guys added the two things DD needed in order to get me to play it.

1. A reason not to just field the best players possible (allowing for varied lineups)

2. Play with friends feature.

Now if only I had some friends who played the show.

Side note: I hate to be the one to bring this up, but isn't using an ARod prime card... well isn't that cheating?
I somehow must have missed it but when did they say you can play with friends? That is the only reason I will play DD.

sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

# 14 TheWarmWind @ 02/16/16 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhDaesu19
I somehow must have missed it but when did they say you can play with friends? That is the only reason I will play DD.

first thing they mention in the video 0:17. Rejoice my friend.

# 15 OhDaesu19 @ 02/16/16 09:49 PM
Quote:
Awesome sauce!

# 16 baseballsim @ 02/16/16 09:50 PM
I haven't watched any of those Twitch streams (in HD) but this video was in HD and the ballparks seemed to look better.

# 17 OhDaesu19 @ 02/16/16 09:52 PM
Quote:
Ha. I went back to watch again and the first time around I was handling my headphones and missed it. I wonder if we could have a DD online league with friends. That would be silly good.

# 18 chiwhitesoxGOSOX @ 02/16/16 10:05 PM
I can't believe all the new things u guys have added this year ! MLB The Show easily has the best dev team. They listen to their fans and put so much hard work in year after year. This is why The Show is the only game I buy year after year.

DD looks like it has improved big time. I was starting to see the same lineups and pitchers in 15 but now it looks like that won't happen in 16 plus we can now play friends teams ! Pre-ordered that MVP Edition. March 29th can't come fast enough !

Nick bro u are definitely my favorite on that dev team. Seem like a really cool and funny guy plus u are a White Sox fan ! And I think they have a strong team that can definitely contend this year

# 19 OUSOONERS#1 @ 02/16/16 10:11 PM
This is mode I have never even touched in the show ,that being said I'm glad those that do will see changes to the mode .. I jus wish they would drop some of this mode into franchise along with adding expansion /relocation options ..

# 20 azstdogg @ 02/16/16 10:13 PM
All the updates to the mode look interesting but man I wish they would update the card photos.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.