Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

IGN is currently live streaming MLB The Show 16 with Ramone Russell.

UPDATE: The archive is here, for those that missed it.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 dubcity @ 02/18/16 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
This out of position logic seems a bit flawed. In the stream they put Bryant at short and it affected his fielding ability. With the shifts that teams put on, the Third Basemen plays at the short-stop position frequently. So putting Bryant at short shouldn't give him such a negative hit in ratings. Bryant also played has also played the outfield, so he he is very athletic. It's a great feature but it could use a few tweaks.

Meh. My guess is enough people were playing the same specific players out of position last year to warrant complaints and change. Just adds a strategic element, which I like. Ratings should be lowered by switching to a much harder position.

# 62 Factzzz @ 02/18/16 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Can I make a request about Andrelton Simmons then?

Spoiler
I thought Simmons batting stance was basically perfect, down to the toe tap and two hand follow through. One of the better stances this year imo.

...Ian Kinsler still needs a two handed follow through though.

# 63 thaSLAB @ 02/18/16 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Wow they changed Altuve's swing to a two handed swing after that complaint i made about him having a one handed swing in another thread.

WIP is real.

Edit: And Correa.
Edit: Got rid of Colby Rasmus's beard as well
I wouldn't say it was a direct result of said complaint, but yes... WIP.

Sent from my HTC One [M8] Marshmallow 6.0 | Tapatalk

# 64 Factzzz @ 02/18/16 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I wouldn't say it was a direct result of said complaint, but yes... WIP.

Sent from my HTC One [M8] Marshmallow 6.0 | Tapatalk
Yeah i didn't mean it as in, my complaint got it in, just pointing out the parallels.

I hope WIP is the reason so many of the newcomers last year don't have a scan. Noah Syndergaard looked pretty bad, and it looked like he had a delivery from last year, so I hope the new pitching deliveries weren't added into the build showed today.

# 65 dran1984 @ 02/18/16 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Meh. My guess is enough people were playing the same specific players out of position last year to warrant complaints and change. Just adds a strategic element, which I like. Ratings should be lowered by switching to a much harder position.
A Third Basemen should not loose that much if he is moved to Short. They field balls all the time a the same place on the field whenever the shift is on.

# 66 BrianU @ 02/18/16 06:47 PM
The best part of the stream other than the career stats was when they talked about all the griefing they fixed like quick pitching, dive tags, bunting, stealing.

The only thing I worry about is this bunt dancing:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...line-play.html

I asked the question in chat but they didn't see it, some others were asking too.

# 67 JDiaz1 @ 02/18/16 06:48 PM
Will there be an archive of this stream available?

# 68 The Kid 24 @ 02/18/16 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SCEA_Sports
re cap brims.... I don't think so.

re Archer... Yes
Sweet! Cant wait to see the new delivery! Thanks Chris!

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

# 69 breakfastcat @ 02/18/16 06:49 PM
The rocks in Angel Stadium just look amazing. A little disappointed that the issue with the halo in the logo atop the LF scoreboard is still present. Also it looks like the Angels' belts are still black in game. They've used red belts for the last two years now. Hopefully it's just a WIP issue and it will be fixed when the game ships.

# 70 JDiaz1 @ 02/18/16 06:50 PM
Hey Chris,

Do you have any idea if Tim Lincecum got a new delivery?

# 71 Speedy @ 02/18/16 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SCEA_Sports
You would like what changed?
Oh! I'm sorry...I thought he had a one-handed swing last year but apparently it was two-handed (per Factzzz). I guess I'm remembering 2014 vs. last year.

EDIT: No, I was right! He does have a 1-handed swing in '15 but it should be 2-handed.

Spoiler

I will say...I do wish the team default that is available for wrist/arm bands is avaialble on more equipment like gloves, UA sleeves, all catching equipment. Atlanta, for example, has a lot of players that wear that navy blue whether home/away versus the team color 1 of red at home and blue away. But....I digress.

BTW => Great stream on gameplay (1st stream), Chris. Really, really enjoyed it.

# 72 og236 @ 02/18/16 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
The rocks in Angel Stadium just look amazing. A little disappointed that the issue with the halo in the logo atop the LF scoreboard is still present. Also it looks like the Angels' belts are still black in game. They've used red belts for the last two years now. Hopefully it's just a WIP issue and it will be fixed when the game ships.

The belt is most likely the style guide, nothing they can do about it. If the Angels ppl don't update the belts to red in the style guide then The Show can't do anything about it because they must follow the style guide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 73 The Kid 24 @ 02/18/16 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Yeah i didn't mean it as in, my complaint got it in, just pointing out the parallels.

I hope WIP is the reason so many of the newcomers last year don't have a scan. Noah Syndergaard looked pretty bad, and it looked like he had a delivery from last year, so I hope the new pitching deliveries weren't added into the build showed today.
In regards to deliveries, I hope ur right... Havent seen many new motions yet.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

# 74 vidgames @ 02/18/16 06:53 PM
Anyone have a screenshot of the new stat tracking?

# 75 dran1984 @ 02/18/16 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
Anyone have a screenshot of the new stat tracking?
It's on page 8 of this thread

# 76 Playboy™ @ 02/18/16 06:57 PM
Was hoping they would show Yankee Stadium™

# 77 Denzel Washington @ 02/18/16 06:59 PM
I can't seem to load the stream

# 78 dran1984 @ 02/18/16 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playboy™
Was hoping they would show Yankee Stadium™
Curious as to why Ramone wouldn't show Globe Life Park...probably because it's not finished yet. I also noticed that they don't have a lot of the alt uniforms in yet.

# 79 Speedy @ 02/18/16 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
It's on page 8 of this thread
Page 8?

Somebody needs to bump up their posts per page.

# 80 dran1984 @ 02/18/16 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Page 8?

Somebody needs to bump up their posts per page.
ha..for me it's page 8. If not it's on one of the past pages lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.