Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

The Oakmont Country Club (Pennsylvania) is coming soon for Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR. EA is currently going through the certification process, before sending it off to Microsoft and Sony. The course has the fastest greens of all the courses in the game. We will post an update if we hear anything else.

Source - EA Forums

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jake44np @ 03/01/16 01:28 PM
Cant wait to try it out. I am absolutely addicted to this game right now.
I have been playing 3 or 4 rounds per night.

# 2 DBMcGee3 @ 03/01/16 02:03 PM
Sweet! I finally shot a round under par in my last outing (-6 actually), which was a breakthrough for me, at least on Tour difficulty.

The Golf Club will always have a special place in my heart, but I've absolutely gotten my $16 worth out of Rory. Glad they're still adding content.

# 3 buckeyedawgtribe @ 03/01/16 06:11 PM
I never by a first year EA Sports golf game. Waiting on the sequel

# 4 jake44np @ 03/01/16 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyedawgtribe
U may be waiting a while.
Don't think they are making another one for a couple years atleast.

# 5 Capfan11 @ 03/01/16 06:34 PM
This is my go to game. Enjoy this more than NHL. Went on a wild run this week of 80s golf! Max scored a few holes per round. Damn rough and acqua... Couldn't hit a straight drive to save my life! -4 today though at Lighthouse.

Looking forward to Oakmont's fast greens.

# 6 DBMcGee3 @ 03/02/16 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyedawgtribe
Not sure what they have it priced at currently, but it's been as low as $13 on PSN a few times. For that price, it's a steal.

# 7 brandon27 @ 03/02/16 10:05 AM
Awesome. Can't complain about another new free course. They've done a good job with additional content post release.

Hopefully there's more to come. Hopefully then include Pebble Beach and Banff Springs.

# 8 jake44np @ 03/02/16 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Not sure what they have it priced at currently, but it's been as low as $13 on PSN a few times. For that price, it's a steal.
I paid $16 for this game right around a month ago and I bet I have put in 50 hours so far on it. I can tell you I have already played this game more than I played Madden this year and I paid $60 for Madden.
I absolutely love this game, it really relaxes me after a long day at work.

# 9 DJ @ 03/02/16 03:59 PM
This game is a blast. Playing old-school with the 3-click method has proven to be a lot of fun, and a nice change of pace from using the analog stick swings for years.

# 10 Thrash13 @ 03/02/16 04:39 PM
I can't wait to see how good the Church Pews bunker looks on my PS4! This course is one of the toughest tests for pro golfers, and hopefully it's tough in the game as well. I remember it being fairly difficult on last-gen systems. I'm kind of sad because this will be the last announced DLC for this game course wise, but they've given us a lot of great additions in recent months.

# 11 jbd345 @ 03/02/16 09:08 PM
Really hope there is more after this. Not free. But I'd be will to drop some money for a five or six pack worth of courses.

# 12 MrArlingtonBeach @ 03/03/16 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Really hope there is more after this. Not free. But I'd be will to drop some money for a five or six pack worth of courses.
I'm in the same boat, since the game itself cost me only $13. I'd gladly spend another $10 or so to add another set of courses.

But I could also understand how folks who paid full price for RM might not be inclined to put down more money for content. Keeping with free courses and updates would help those early purchasers to justify their investment and make them more willing to sign on early again when the next PGA game comes out.

Either way, it will be interesting to see what direction EA goes after Oakmont's release.

# 13 Golfsprince @ 03/03/16 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
I'm in the same boat, since the game itself cost me only $13. I'd gladly spend another $10 or so to add another set of courses.

But I could also understand how folks who paid full price for RM might not be inclined to put down more money for content. Keeping with free courses and updates would help those early purchasers to justify their investment and make them more willing to sign on early again when the next PGA game comes out.

Either way, it will be interesting to see what direction EA goes after Oakmont's release.
I paid full price at launch and I would still likely pay for some DLC. I got the game back in July which is a long time ago now.

I almost don't remember paying full price. That's just me, I understand others feel differently.

That said, if they keep banging out free content then that's great news for everyone, however, you don't have full control over the content you get which is why I see why some will be willing to pay extra for a DLC package.

# 14 redsox4evur @ 03/03/16 12:54 PM
I wouldn't pay for DLC...if I had the game. My reasoning would be they have been giving me these 8 or 9 courses for free. Why do I now have to pay for these 3 or 4 courses?

# 15 brandon27 @ 03/03/16 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I wouldn't pay for DLC...if I had the game. My reasoning would be they have been giving me these 8 or 9 courses for free. Why do I now have to pay for these 3 or 4 courses?

Fair point.. but the traditional release of this game always included about this many courses, then there were paid DLC packs afterwards.

I think before they go the paid DLC route, they at least do another 2 free probably to get it more in line with previous releases, I think it's still a bit behind.

# 16 jake44np @ 03/03/16 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Because they never promised x amount of courses for free
I would be will to pay for some more courses after Oakmont drops for free.
I for one think for the price of this game, they have given us a lot for free and I would now be willing to pay for a pack of courses.
This game is a blast and adding more courses just makes it that much better.
You have to remember, hardly anymore paid the full game price of $60 for this game.
I paid less than $20 so I would be willing to pay another $20 for say 10 more courses!

# 17 BKJ7 @ 03/03/16 03:09 PM
I paid $60 for it at release. There's no way I'm dropping more money on this, my friends either. Some of you guys got this game for $16? That's awesome for you guys but man that kind of stings for us who paid full price lol. Well, for me anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

# 18 MrArlingtonBeach @ 03/03/16 04:11 PM
The problem that RMPGAT has going against it is the PERCEIVED lack of value it offers the customer. I mean, all the negative reviews of the game talk about RMPGAT as having a "flimsy career mode, malnourished roster of licensed players and courses, and a glaring absence of fundamental game types" (quoted right from IGN's review).

That unfortunately won't go away, no matter how many DLC courses or title updates they release.

While I think the game is fun and a good value, especially if you paid less than $20 for it, EA still has an uphill climb in terms of getting back in peoples' good graces, just from the bad pub RMPGAT got when it released. Adding paid DLC might not go very far on that front.

# 19 buckeyedawgtribe @ 03/03/16 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
U may be waiting a while.
Don't think they are making another one for a couple years atleast.
Man i thought they release a new one every year so i waited. Which do you prefer this or the golf club?

# 20 kehlis @ 03/03/16 07:58 PM
Those of us who paid full price at launch knew what we were getting. The onus is on us and the team has been nothing but impressive to this point with upgrades.

I would have absolutely no issue paying more for some courses and I'm fully expecting it in the coming months.

The game was marketed to us as a multi year game that would be added to progressively. If you didn't expect to pay anything more at any point you are the one at fault for expecting to pay one time for a multi year game.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.