Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Check out the latest MLB The Show 16 trailer featuring the new Showtime feature coming to the game this year.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 tessl @ 03/21/16 12:30 PM
Nice, it is fun to see the reaction of MLB players.

# 2 KingTocco @ 03/21/16 12:33 PM
This was an awesome video, really cool to see the players try it out. Showtime looks like a really nice feature to use in some key moments, cannot wait to test it out!

# 3 ozcore @ 03/21/16 12:33 PM
awesome 8 more dayz

# 4 dalger21 @ 03/21/16 12:35 PM
It's a cool feature. It's not something I would ever use but it is awesome that they are switching it up and adding something difference.

# 5 Turbojugend @ 03/21/16 12:40 PM
Super entertaining video! It was great seeing the players' reaction to using Showtime in the game.

# 6 Knight165 @ 03/21/16 12:49 PM
Ramone!...

IN CHARGE livin' life like a rock star lately.

M.K.
Knight165

# 7 tnixen @ 03/21/16 01:08 PM
Looks great but those Balls, Strikes, Outs and player number are not lit up at all on the fenway green monster scoreboard. I guess it could be hard to see because of the sun light shining on it?

I just hope this was fixed.

In the PS3 version everything lights up perfect!

# 8 TGov @ 03/21/16 01:22 PM
With this being the most realistic baseball ever, it's nice to remember it's still a video game and it's all about fun. Nice feature.

# 9 stealyerface @ 03/21/16 01:33 PM
Also nice, is the ability to make sure this is turned off.

I have always been happy that when new or "Exciting" features get added, the developers do not force you to use them, or at least allow them to be optional for those who might not be interested.

I have been on this forum for a long time, and have championed The Show as the best baseball game of all time.

That being said, if another baseball game with a K in it, had released this feature, there would be a mad uproar on the "arcade" aspect of slowing time down ala Max Payne, and buying or earning "perks" to be able to access this super-slo-mo gameplay.

We don't have to go too far into the past to see what the addition of a "turbo" button got met with, so while applaud the development crew for adding something different to play around with, I am continually pleased that the options remain just that, options.

Looking forward to the 29th!
~syf

# 10 joshtree14 @ 03/21/16 01:40 PM
Pbr in full effect on the green monster. Looks majestic.

# 11 merchant1874 @ 03/21/16 01:59 PM
Not a fan personally but whatever brings in the kids/new players!

# 12 Cowboy008 @ 03/21/16 02:07 PM
Wasn't my favorite Gamestop Monday video. I guess that's because I'll never use it but am happy for the people who will.

# 13 HypoLuxa13 @ 03/21/16 02:25 PM
I have to admit, when playing RttS, I'll probably still use both Showtime and Perks from time to time, even if right now I say I won't.

# 14 mlb08 @ 03/21/16 03:24 PM
Players models are essentially the same.... Upgrade on that this game always loook realistic.

# 15 bcruise @ 03/21/16 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyerface
Also nice, is the ability to make sure this is turned off.

I have always been happy that when new or "Exciting" features get added, the developers do not force you to use them, or at least allow them to be optional for those who might not be interested.

I have been on this forum for a long time, and have championed The Show as the best baseball game of all time.

That being said, if another baseball game with a K in it, had released this feature, there would be a mad uproar on the "arcade" aspect of slowing time down ala Max Payne, and buying or earning "perks" to be able to access this super-slo-mo gameplay.

We don't have to go too far into the past to see what the addition of a "turbo" button got met with, so while applaud the development crew for adding something different to play around with, I am continually pleased that the options remain just that, options.

Looking forward to the 29th!
~syf
You don't remember Slamzone? They did it first.

# 16 ShowTyme15 @ 03/21/16 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I was just about to post this, before you beat me to it.

# 17 dovuto86 @ 03/21/16 03:46 PM
I preordered this and really hope they fixed the servers last year I couldnt finish a game without it dropping

# 18 HustlinOwl @ 03/21/16 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dovuto86
I preordered this and really hope they fixed the servers last year I couldnt finish a game without it dropping
time for a new ISP

# 19 stealyerface @ 03/21/16 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Truth be told, I was hesitant to mention any of the features of other games in my comment, as you and I have been around here long enough to know how that usually works out..

Showboat Catches, Runner and Fielder Speed Bursts, and the Slam Zone...

Remember, I was a convert only up until 2011

I had to live with that other stuff for a loooong time.

~syf

# 20 GWPump23 @ 03/21/16 04:43 PM
LOVE the field's lighting during Altuve's segment...

-GW-

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.