Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 is scheduled to release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on August 23. EA Sports and ESPN will announce the cover athlete on May 12 at 6:00 PM ET on SportsCenter (no cover vote this year). Along with the cover athlete announcement, they also plan to show off the first gameplay trailer from the game.

Read the full press release below.

EA SPORTS Football Franchise Warms up for Its Return to the Gridiron

Today Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced that the Madden NFL 17 cover athlete will be revealed Thurs, May 12 live during the 6pm ET/3pm PT edition of ESPN SportsCenter. Fans can tune-in to check out which NFL phenom has earned cover honors this year, and also get their first look at an all-new gameplay trailer.

EA Access* members can try Madden NFL 17 before it’s released for a limited time as part of a Play First Trial, only on Xbox One.

Madden NFL 17 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available for Xbox One, Xbox 360®, PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 on August 23. To learn more about Madden NFL 17, visit http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl.

All player participation has been facilitated by NFL Players Inc., the licensing and marketing subsidiary of the NFL Players Association (NFLPA).

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 PhillyPhanatic14 @ 05/09/16 12:30 PM
Yesssssssssssss

# 2 Find_the_Door @ 05/09/16 12:36 PM
Last gen too? When will they fully break away?

We almost have a new PS4 here soon....

# 3 SolidSquid @ 05/09/16 12:36 PM
Madden and ESPN it's like a match made in heaven. I don't suspect we will anything significant, probably a bunch of "highlight" over the top plays to get the hype train chugging. Can't wait to see where they spent resources this year.

# 4 jpdavis82 @ 05/09/16 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door

Where does it say last gen? I must have missed that.

# 5 SolidSquid @ 05/09/16 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Where does it say last gen? I must have missed that.
1st sentence 2nd paragraph

# 6 roadman @ 05/09/16 12:42 PM
SS, your sarcasm meter lost it's shield.

I'm sure if there is new equipment spotted, the DVR's will be rewinding a lot.

Maybe Steven A. and Skipper will have a debate about any new equipment in the game.

# 7 CM Hooe @ 05/09/16 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door

I'd guess within the next three years, given that the XBOX 360 was only very recently discontinued. Until then, there are still 160 million combined 360s and PS3s to sell to, as opposed to 50 million combined PS4s and XBOX Ones. Economics.

I am going to guess that the vast majority of the game's media coverage will focus on the current-generation version, similar to how Madden NFL 15 and 16 were handled.

# 8 SolidSquid @ 05/09/16 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
SS, your sarcasm meter lost it's shield.

I'm sure if there is new equipment spotted, the DVR's will be rewinding a lot.

Maybe Steven A. and Skipper will have a debate about any new equipment in the game.
Huh? I wasn't trying to talk bad about the game just the fact that ESPN and Madden are kinda the same in my eyes, ESPN wants be a sports news network but it's really become mostly about gossip and personalities(like Stephen A and Skip) Madden wants to be a football sim but is having trouble finding its footing.

# 9 Armor and Sword @ 05/09/16 12:57 PM

Yeah baby!!!

# 10 DeuceDouglas @ 05/09/16 12:59 PM
If it's anything like last year's first look trailer then we're probably looking at about 5-10 seconds of actual gameplay. Regardless, we should be able to get the vision of this years game with the tagline of whatever the big new thing is.

# 11 roadman @ 05/09/16 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Huh? I wasn't trying to talk bad about the game just the fact that ESPN and Madden are kinda the same in my eyes, ESPN wants be a sports news network but it's really become mostly about gossip and personalities(like Stephen A and Skip) Madden wants to be a football sim but is having trouble finding its footing.
I wasn't referring to that part, the end part, unless you were being serious.(tha't why i hate the net sometimes)

The part about where EA was spending their resources this year. I thought that was an attempt on CFM from last year.

How about this for speculation: ESPN is announcing Madden because they are playing a bigger part of presentation?

# 12 jpdavis82 @ 05/09/16 01:01 PM
I have no inside info on what's going to be shown thursday but this is my guess, Von Miller will be the cover athlete and there will be some gameplay showing some new pass rush features, just a guess but that's what I'm expecting/hoping to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 13 StL_RamZ @ 05/09/16 01:01 PM
Got a feeling it's gonna be Cam Newton on the cover

# 14 SolidSquid @ 05/09/16 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I wasn't referring to that part, the end part, unless you were being serious.(tha't why i hate the net sometimes)

The part about where EA was spending their resources this year. I thought that was an attempt on CFM from last year.
Oh lol I wasn't being sarcastic really interested to see where resources went this year, I'm betting CFM got some love especially after Rex said it would last year but I mean what in CFM. Did they add new things or focus on improving old ones? Has xp changed any? Will the draft feel more alive? I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing what they improved.

# 15 SolidSquid @ 05/09/16 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I have no inside info on what's going to be shown thursday but this is my guess, Von Miller will be the cover athlete and there will be some gameplay showing some new pass rush features, just a guess but that's what I'm expecting/hoping to see.

Hopefully it is Vonn and we get new pass rush mechanics and true gap play including fill and force players

# 16 Rubio809 @ 05/09/16 01:05 PM
After how '16 brought me back into the Madden circle, here's to hoping it only builds on the great play.

# 17 jpdavis82 @ 05/09/16 01:06 PM
Here's what I expect it to look like or close to this

# 18 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/09/16 01:19 PM
I'm thinking it will be Peyton Manning tied to some new CFM feature or a new passing mechanic.

# 19 SolidSquid @ 05/09/16 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
Well that would be a huge risk, given his history. Ill say Cam or Manning.
He hasn't been in any trouble in a while and besides Barry Sanders I think every cover athlete has been an active player so I don't see it being manning

# 20 jpdavis82 @ 05/09/16 01:23 PM
This would be my other guess with a focus on slowing down AC and maybe showcasing def assignments

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.