Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA Sports UFC 2 patch 1.06 and content update #3 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One fans, weighing in at just over 1 GB. The update adds 3 new fighters, Cris Cyborg (Women's Bantamweight), Valentina Shevchenko (Women's Bantamweight) and Albert Tumenov (Welterweight).

Below are the gameplay updates in patch 1.06.
  • Added a third transition for submissive fighter in Back Sitting.
  • Block will not come back up automatically after a missed parry, or a timed out parry.
  • Liver Health Event allows high or low blocking.
  • Addressed issue where spamming transition fakes on the ground would regain stamina.
  • Addressed double stamina tax when opponent sprawls on user's takedown.
  • Addressed an issue where takedown denial stamina penalty was being applied when the user is struck out of a takedown.
  • General AI Improvements.
  • General Referee Improvements.

EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Evil97 @ 05/12/16 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
BTW, I'm very interested in feedback on the new back sitting transition.

I predict it may be a bit OP.

I have a very small window to make any tweaks to it, so the sooner the feedback comes the better.
Got to play around a bit with it. First of all, it's great and apparent you make these additions with not only just a solution to an existing issue, but caution to not cause another. I love that the transition goes to "sub back side". A pick your poison so to speak. I also noticed a huge stamina tax if you do deny it. Double bonus. However, the snake in the grass is a spammed fake transition to full guard towards the arm around the neck. This negates all strikes and retains (no longer regains) stamina. You risk getting denied, but this requires the attacker to focus on that, and leaves him open to the back sitting escape, which still comes rather quickly. Then of course there is what you brought up, the momentum transition, which the speed of both leaves a 50/50 guess to even stay in that position to begin with. All in all, it still only gets you to back side, so I don't think this is game changing too much, but IMO, back off the transition speed a touch.

p.s. I love how momentum transitions have this chess match feel to them. It just creates a deep meta that isn't just reflex. Also the feeling of needing to be one move ahead in some situations. Not sure it was intentional, but it's there.

# 122 SMOKEZERO @ 05/12/16 04:58 PM
Ortega got love... They added flying triangle level 4, Inverted triangle from side control level 2, and buffed the full guard triangle up to level 4 from level 2. Replaced Vengeful perk with Chess Master.

# 123 aholbert32 @ 05/12/16 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
Ortega got love... They added flying triangle level 4, Inverted triangle from side control level 2, and buffed the full guard triangle up to level 4 from level 2. Replaced Vengeful perk with Chess Master.
Thats why I encourage you guys to post specific changes you think fighters deserve. Not just "Fighter X deserves a striking buff" but "Fighter X is a MT champion who should have perk 1 and perk 2 at these levels."

The team is willing to make realistic changes if it can.

# 124 GameplayDevUFC @ 05/12/16 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
p.s. I love how momentum transitions have this chess match feel to them. It just creates a deep meta that isn't just reflex. Also the feeling of needing to be one move ahead in some situations. Not sure it was intentional, but it's there.
100% intentional, but I have to give credit to ZHunter for the idea.

The chess match aspect of it became apparent right away though, which is why we pushed hard to get it added to the game.

Probably my favorite feature in the grappling system.

# 125 Bigg Cee @ 05/12/16 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Only change to back sitting is the new transition.
Ok I just forced myself to cheese the game and back sitting, and after 3 straight fights of clinching then going to back sitting I've come to the conclusion it's fine. There really is no difference, I think it was a placebo effect.

Also spamming fakes on the ground still works, this time you just have to go slower. I think it's fine the way it is now but that is just my thoughts.

# 126 GameplayDevUFC @ 05/12/16 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCI
why?

I haven't even pick any fight yet. Can this be open again?
It hasn't started yet.

# 127 aholbert32 @ 05/12/16 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCI
why?

I haven't even pick any fight yet. Can this be open again?
I dont think it starts until May 14. At least thats what this says:

https://www.easports.com/ufc/news/20...nt-competition

# 128 Bigg Cee @ 05/12/16 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
Got to play around a bit with it. First of all, it's great and apparent you make these additions with not only just a solution to an existing issue, but caution to not cause another. I love that the transition goes to "sub back side". A pick your poison so to speak. I also noticed a huge stamina tax if you do deny it. Double bonus. However, the snake in the grass is a spammed fake transition to full guard towards the arm around the neck. This negates all strikes and retains (no longer regains) stamina. You risk getting denied, but this requires the attacker to focus on that, and leaves him open to the back sitting escape, which still comes rather quickly. Then of course there is what you brought up, the momentum transition, which the speed of both leaves a 50/50 guess to even stay in that position to begin with. All in all, it still only gets you to back side, so I don't think this is game changing too much, but IMO, back off the transition speed a touch.

That's how I feel...

# 129 tissues250 @ 05/12/16 05:14 PM
just 1 or 2 fakes transition looks good. I love it. but spamming fakes looks very unrealistic and weird. Needs to be fixed. It's still issue after the patch.

# 130 Bigg Cee @ 05/12/16 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
just 1 or 2 fakes transition looks good. I love it. but spamming fakes looks very unrealistic and weird. Needs to be fixed. It's still issue after the patch.
Yup that was the first thing I tried from different positions and even a few times with low stamina to save myself. So it still works good.

# 131 tissues250 @ 05/12/16 05:28 PM
I really want that improved AI for fighting style of Anderson Silva and JDS's out boxing. Holly holm, too. Silva would use taunt more during whole a fight like real life.

# 132 THA C0G FATHER @ 05/12/16 05:37 PM
I've not tried ultimate team yet but I like how the stand up seems at the minute,instead if twenty odd knockdowns it may not take many at all now which I prefer
Ultimate team is still un tested for me since the latest update were all the spammers to the body were lurking pre latest patch but upyo now I like the ground game a lot

Its not to hard to get an arm trap first time everytime with quick reflexes but I think maybe u both mean something a bit different I'm not aware of as an exploit but I'm hope sub fighter damage has been toned down cosmetically but the offensive ground fighters strikes seem to be almost perfect to me but I do miss the elbow strike from two games ago
That did major cosmetic damage when mixed with normal mount down elbows but mount up elbows are really awsome

I love pounding the spammers until they quit haha

# 133 aholbert32 @ 05/12/16 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
I really want that improved AI for fighting style of Anderson Silva and JDS's out boxing. Holly holm, too. Silva would use taunt more during whole a fight like real life.
Are Holm and Silva going for takedowns against you?

# 134 EarvGotti @ 05/12/16 06:03 PM
This patch is not impressive. No changes to permanent stamina drain or clinch at all. What a joke.

# 135 Bigg Cee @ 05/12/16 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
This patch is not impressive. No changes to permanent stamina drain or clinch at all. What a joke.
Clinch is fine in ranked, it's UT with the right perks that can make it a lil OP but it's not bad at all.

Now the permanent stamina drain on certain strikes I'm all for.

# 136 Thetruth9012 @ 05/12/16 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
It's just monthly patch calm down.

What i think is bad that body jabs spam with tyson etc.. is not fixed.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

# 137 Thetruth9012 @ 05/12/16 06:14 PM
What about this subforum so we can create a threads about every single fighter and their perks movesets etc..

Are you want to implement this ?

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

# 138 WarMMA @ 05/12/16 06:37 PM
Finally I can use Albert Tumenov

# 139 Trillz @ 05/12/16 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Finally I can use Albert Tumenov
what is his ratings? and shechvenkos?

# 140 Jester112244 @ 05/12/16 06:44 PM
Well as I feared the AI still is horrbile. I just beat it on Pro in about 30 seconds. Two power shots to the face. I just don't think that ai is going to be fixed I think I finally give up hope. I feel like maybe the AI just needs to be revamped. For starters the ai is still burning stamina fast. The first fight I did the AI burnt stamina and then I just finished them. The second fight I did i just hit 3 power shots in a row and it was over. The ai's defense is very bad in standup, it needs to block more. For grappling I think that is decent. But if you really want to you can just end fight standing up on Pro in under a min. I don't know I hope you guys have better luck I think I might just throw in the towel for ai. Like I said for the next game I hope they hire maybe a team that could work on the ai. I like the new forms though. If anyone's had better luck please post it I'd be willing to try anything

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.