Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The official MLB The Show 16 roster update is available now. The update adds 10 players and includes 138 player movements.

Daddy Leagues have posted the attribute changes for the roster update, some of the changes include Matt Harvey -3 (88), Sonny Gray -2 (87), Dallas Keuchel -1 (87), Daniel Murphy +3 (86), Jonathan Lucroy +3 (85), Yadier Molina +1 (84), Jeff Samardzija +1 (84), Ryan Madson -2 (84), Vince Velasquez +2 (82), David Wright -1 (82), Russell Martin -3 (81), Jay Bruce +3 (81), Yangervis Solarte +2 (81), Steve Pearce +2 (81), Matt Holliday -4 (80) and much more.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Mercury112491 @ 05/27/16 09:02 AM
VV only up two? Still waiting on that inevitable Cano bump to diamond. Not sure what they're waiting on there, he had another big week.

Disapointing update this week. Hopefully the captains cards make up for it and they don't put the same guy in all the stores this week :|

# 2 ronc524 @ 05/27/16 10:30 AM
The captains stores have been really disappointing, it's the same 2 or 3 cards rotated weekly. I had higher hopes for that addition this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

# 3 beardedaussie @ 05/27/16 10:33 AM
Thought Tomlin would get a boost , been good last year and this year and putting up good numbers. 14-2 in his last 18 starts with an era in the low to mid three's and whip of around 1 over that stretch. Maybe I'm a little bias being a Cleveland fan but a 74 overall doesn't do him justice at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

# 4 BlessingSpore72 @ 05/27/16 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronc524
The captains stores have been really disappointing, it's the same 2 or 3 cards rotated weekly. I had higher hopes for that addition this year.

Just be patient. There will be legends in there soon that r only available in the cap store

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

# 5 FenwayMac @ 05/27/16 11:30 AM
What does poor Strasburg have to do??

# 6 TheKnack @ 05/27/16 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
What does poor Strasburg have to do??
Strasburg went up 3 last week. SCEA won't be in a huge rush to bump him again. Give it another week or 2.

# 7 TheKnack @ 05/27/16 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
VV only up two? Still waiting on that inevitable Cano bump to diamond. Not sure what they're waiting on there, he had another big week.

Disapointing update this week. Hopefully the captains cards make up for it and they don't put the same guy in all the stores this week :|
I still kind of get the feeling they bumped his defense down last week just so he WOULDNT go diamond. Not sure what the wait is. Dude is the frontrunner for MVP.

# 8 ronc524 @ 05/27/16 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72
Just be patient. There will be legends in there soon that r only available in the cap store

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
I don't mind that it's not diamond or legends, my problem is with it being basically the same few cards over and over and over. There are way more golds than Cain, Lindor, Salazar, Hosmer. They could also offer some of those fb cards that have missions for those of us that don't want to play BR. You can't sell cards from captain store, so it's not like it should be a problem.

# 9 FenwayMac @ 05/27/16 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougars
Strasburg went up 3 last week. SCEA won't be in a huge rush to bump him again. Give it another week or 2.
Hasn't he been at 92 for several weeks?

# 10 mikeq672 @ 05/27/16 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
Hasn't he been at 92 for several weeks?
Yes, hes been a 92 since May 2nd.

# 11 TheKnack @ 05/27/16 12:21 PM
My apologies. I was looking at a flashback Strasburg on Daddy Leagues I think.

# 12 Mercury112491 @ 05/27/16 12:40 PM
I wish we had some idea when those legends are coming to
The store, what price and what level you'll need to be. I feel like it's holding my tickets hostage waiting to see what they are. Like if they're not planning on releasing new them till August then I'd like to know so I can spend some tickets now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 13 newmich @ 05/27/16 12:43 PM
I'm surprised Jackie Bradley didn't go up again. I'm also surprised Yelich and gregory Polanco didn't see a boost this week. I'm not sure how Lucroy bats .178 the past 15 games and receives a boost but those guys are lighting it up and don't see any kind of boost.

# 14 mc4679 @ 05/27/16 12:45 PM
Quote:
I wish we had some idea when those legends are coming to
The store, what price and what level you'll need to be. I feel like it's holding my tickets hostage waiting to see what they are. Like if they're not planning on releasing new them till August then I'd like to know so I can spend some tickets now.

Couldnt agree more. I have Degrom at 40, Cain at 30, and donaldson at 24 and i think alutive is like 15 and 0 for ortiz. I m just not sure who i should keep building up. Like do i try to get two of those guys to 50? But then whats the point if nothing happens. Its kind of nice when they have awful players available cause then i dont even think about using my tickets on them lol

# 15 FloorGeneral @ 05/27/16 12:48 PM
Quote:

Yeah, I don't understand their reasoning with VV. He has been, at the least, just as good as Nola, yet Nola gets the bump to Gold while VV is still wallowing with the lowly Silvers.

Diaz finally gets bumped, but only to 77. Not like it matters, but he's not been a "Bronze" player. They could've at least pushed him one more tic to 78 into Silver.

I think they've been a bit too kind to the trio of Harvey, Gray and Keuchel. I don't think either of them have performed up to "Gold" standard (hell, Harvey was a Diamond to start). I understand being overly cautious with pitchers, but they've been really bad.

Then there's Jackie Bradley Jr. Not sure what that guy has to do to go Gold. I was also surprised Cueto stayed put. He's been great this year. On the flip side, nice to see Lucroy go Gold, undeserved as it is. Go figure.

# 16 TheKnack @ 05/27/16 01:21 PM
Yelsich has been hurt for a week, but I too believe he's probably deserving of gold at this point.

Polanco not getting a bump was surprising to say the least.

The funny thing about Bradley is, his hitting streak finally ends and his value immediately plummets from about 1100 for the last week and a half, down all the way to 650-700.... He probably deserves another bump as well.

# 17 Pads619 @ 05/27/16 02:03 PM
How could Matz not move at all?!?! I'm surprised Ian Desmond stayed the same as well. This is my first update since I started playing. I guess I had expectations too high it's a marathon lol

# 18 newmich @ 05/27/16 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougars
Yelsich has been hurt for a week, but I too believe he's probably deserving of gold at this point.

Polanco not getting a bump was surprising to say the least.

The funny thing about Bradley is, his hitting streak finally ends and his value immediately plummets from about 1100 for the last week and a half, down all the way to 650-700.... He probably deserves another bump as well.
I've been moving all week so u was unaware Yelich was hurt, my bad. Bradley was actually going for 1,500 around 1pm ET yesterday. I think he went down because he didn't get a bump at all. I'm just frustrated because I sold the 7 Lucroy I had on Tuesday since he is slumping and didn't see a bump the past updates like I thought he would and now he goes up.

# 19 TheKnack @ 05/27/16 02:46 PM
Im starting to wonder if these updates are actually retroactive to performance from 3 weeks previous.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

# 20 Mercury112491 @ 05/27/16 02:58 PM
I'm guessing they must have a period of time they wait before giving a player another bump because otherwise it makes no sense.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.