Home
FIFA 17 News Post

FIFA 17 The Journey (story mode) has been confirmed, check out the trailer here.

Quote:
Powered by Frostbite, The Journey is a new mode in FIFA 17. Make your mark on and off the pitch as the Premier League's next rising star, Alex Hunter. Play at any Premier League club, for authentic managers, and alongside some of the best players on the planet.

INTRODUCING ALEX HUNTER
Alex is a 17-year-old from humble roots in Clapham, London who has football in the blood. Guided by his grandfather and English legend Jim Hunter (20 goals in the 1966-67 season), Alex has a name that carries weight in football circles, obstacles to overcome, and a personal legacy to build. Alex now has a promising footballing career in front of him, but how far can he go? That’s up to you.

It's a new season and touted young academy prospect, Alex Hunter is looking to make his mark in the Premier League. But this season you decide which team he plays for. You make the decisions off the pitch. And you shape his career with your performance on the pitch.

Powered by Frostbite™, The Journey is a new cinematic narrative mode in FIFA 17 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, that lets you make your mark in a true-to-life experience as a professional player. Developed with Premier League stars like Harry Kane, Eden Hazard and Anthony Martial, in The Journey you can choose to play at any club during the 2016/17 season, for real managers and alongside some of the best players in world football.

Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 NinthFall @ 06/23/16 08:48 AM
Oh, so you play as Alex Hunter.

Wow the hype train I had for this mode went straight downhill and crashed. The train then exploded and burnt to ashes. Wind then blew the ashes and it's like the train never existed.

# 62 Sportsbuck @ 06/26/16 06:18 PM
Man....

FIFA is arguably the game it makes the most sense to give people the option to play their own story, what with the crazy amount of clubs/nations that are in play. Mode has a lot of promise, but I'm not thrilled about having to be Alex Hunter.

# 63 extremeskins04 @ 06/26/16 09:44 PM
I don't have too much of an issue with this Story mode with Alex Hunter AS LONG AS we're given choices for him and it's not all scripted and linear where we're basically just watching a movie.

Let us atleast have paths we can go down and decisions we can make during his career.

# 64 DirectFX @ 06/27/16 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthFall
Oh, so you play as Alex Hunter.

Wow the hype train I had for this mode went straight downhill and crashed. The train then exploded and burnt to ashes. Wind then blew the ashes and it's like the train never existed.
Same here once I saw that you can't change anything about him plus you can only play in the BPL teams ..

Kinda not liking FIFA *** kissing BPL with the league having all stadiums, presentation, 4 levels deep and now managers added who I rarely see in game on sideline plus Story Mode you can only choose a BPL team.

EA needs to finish presentation for all leagues, put in all stadiums from at least top level of France, Spain, Germany and Italy.

Should call game BPL17 as rest leagues get not even half to updates or additions BPL does along with new features already announced as BPL only

# 65 extremeskins04 @ 06/27/16 07:56 AM
Wait, what about being on the transfer list to other leagues? What if, in 4-5 years I get to like 95 OVR rating or something and let's say Barcelona or Real Madrid want to buy me as Alex Hunter?

I can understand EA wanting to have a "protagonist" type character in the game in a story driven career, but the issue is that it's only BPL and not the other leagues which makes it completely unrealistic and the immersion is kinda sucked right out of me.

# 66 voodoo_magic @ 06/28/16 09:53 PM
I thought it might be the journey of the guys on the slider forum as they try to make the game play decent.
The frustrations, the successes, the breakthroughs and then finally retirement or the insane asylum.

# 67 faiz_reds @ 06/29/16 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectFX
Same here once I saw that you can't change anything about him plus you can only play in the BPL teams ..

Kinda not liking FIFA *** kissing BPL with the league having all stadiums, presentation, 4 levels deep and now managers added who I rarely see in game on sideline plus Story Mode you can only choose a BPL team.

EA needs to finish presentation for all leagues, put in all stadiums from at least top level of France, Spain, Germany and Italy.

Should call game BPL17 as rest leagues get not even half to updates or additions BPL does along with new features already announced as BPL only
Is the bold part true? Any link?

# 68 extremeskins04 @ 06/29/16 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz_reds
Is the bold part true? Any link?
Go to the FIFA 17 website and everything that is featured for the Story Mode is the Premier League. If you go to other FIFA 17 news sites, it's all about playing only as Alex Hunter and only in the Premier League.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/the-journey

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2016/06/1...-new-features/

Quote:
While I think this is a good idea, players are only able to follow “Hunter” through this process in the Premier League and the inability to create your own player is frustrating. It’s a good start to the freedom games like NBA2K and Madden offer, but many may be disappointed with not having the option to create their own players.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.