Home
NHL 17 News Post

EA Sports today announced the arrival of the NHL 17 Beta, available now to NHL Insiders. So basically if you get the NHL Newsletter and if you signed up for the beta by July 7th, you can get it today -- a full 24 hours earlier than expected.

The Beta will be available to everyone else starting tomorrow and will last through August 4 and features several modes for you to get a kickstart on your upcoming season:
  • Hockey Ultimate Team: Build. Collect. Compete. The most played mode in EA SPORTS NHL gets even better! Introducing HUT Synergy, an all-new “Team Building” system designed to challenge the way you build and play as your Ultimate Team. Pair player strengths together to create synergy in your roster and grant perks across your lineups. The all-new HUT Dynamic Sets mechanic takes collecting to a new level that replicates the biggest real-world hockey moments. Collect sets to unlock rewards, including new thematic sets, to constantly build and improve your team. With Dynamic HUT Sets, if it happens hockey, it happens in NHL 17.
  • EA Sports Hockey League: Take your EA SPORTS Hockey League team to the next level and build your brand by completing games, and leveling up your player and team to unlock customization items. Give your uniform a unique look or use the all-new Arena Creator to build the home ice you’ve always wanted.
  • Online Versus: Play NHL 17 online in a one vs. one environment. Own Every Zone with more end-to-end control with authentic goalies featuring positional awareness and Reactionary Save Intelligence, all-new Net Battles for offensive and defensive zone play, and dozens of thrilling new goal celebrations.
EA Sports is seeking feedback and opinions from the community about your playtime with the Beta. Be sure to leave impressions and thoughts on what you are playing in the comments below!

Game: NHL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
NHL 17 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Themayorofawsometown @ 07/28/16 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I've got a club up for USA East Coast players on the Xbox One if anyone wants to join it just search for OS East

It's set to private but I'll accept anyone who posts in this thread.
I sent a join request gt:Th3TurdBurgl4rs

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

# 102 Gilu @ 07/28/16 02:01 PM
Two PS4 codes, quote to reveal. Have fun!

# 103 mikeq672 @ 07/28/16 02:05 PM
The menus were the only thing I noticed being different and improved.

Also ill reiterate, cmon mods, clean this thread up.

# 104 havoc00 @ 07/28/16 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilu
Two PS4 codes, quote to reveal. Have fun!

Already redeemed, damn. If anyone has an extra Pm Please

# 105 bad_philanthropy @ 07/28/16 02:19 PM
The menus are much better, thankfully.

# 106 seasprite @ 07/28/16 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Make a seperate thread for sharing codes, jesus. Completely cluttered this thread now, dunno where the mods are at.
Mostly all request from people who just signed up today...........

# 107 Griffey30 @ 07/28/16 02:44 PM
Lol Ea sends me 3 codes and non of them work typical

# 108 iFnotWhyNoT @ 07/28/16 02:49 PM
I've played three online versus games, and this game plays better than 16.
Not much better though...

Pros
  • Goalies - love the new stances and save animations.
  • Skating - Feels better lol imo
  • Puck pick-ups - Im seeing more and it doesn't look wacky, its been seemless for me thus far.
  • Overall Flow - People are loosing the puck more often, poke checking is risk/reward and cross creases and passing is toned down, forcing people to play team hockey as opposed to up and down arcade style.

Cons
  • Hitting Physics - i don't like the rag-doll collapses. Never been a fan.
  • Presentation - same, minor differences and visually looks like nhl 16. Not looking for a major graphical improvement but maybe try different lighting or ice. idk still early though.

I like the gameplay and im excited about the sliders but im not paying full price for this game. It just hasn't sold me enough for a day one full price purchase. I really was hoping for roster share .

# 109 PES3Paul @ 07/28/16 02:55 PM
PS 4 codes from me. Hope they work and hope you enjoy the game:

LNRR-Q2N4-RE3A
DKBT-JGNG-LML9

**PLEASE** NOTE CODES ARE UNIQUE AND CAN ONLY BE USED ONCE

# 110 Freakywwe @ 07/28/16 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
The menus were the only thing I noticed being different and improved.

Also ill reiterate, cmon mods, clean this thread up.
you must not have played a game then, because this game plays nothing like NHL 16

# 111 joshtree14 @ 07/28/16 04:15 PM
Incredible input lag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 112 joshtree14 @ 07/28/16 04:16 PM
Even on a great ping the imput lag is at least a full second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 113 jyoung @ 07/28/16 04:18 PM
Quote:
I've got a club up for USA East Coast players on the Xbox One if anyone wants to join it just search for OS East

It's set to private but I'll accept anyone who posts in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themayorofawsometown
I sent a join request gt:Th3TurdBurgl4rs
I added you to the roster. We usually don't play unless we have 3 or more people on the ice. We ended up with 9 wins, 3 losses, and 1 disconnect after last night's games.

If anybody else on Xbox One wants to join just send a join request to the club OS East.

# 114 G_e_e_z_e_r @ 07/28/16 05:02 PM
Feels great. Same op goals being scored. Poke check is still way op.

# 115 jdungan69 @ 07/28/16 05:25 PM
I signed up to get codes back in June and haven't received an email with the codes. I get all the other emails from them just none for the Beta on PS4! Its pretty upsetting!

# 116 TheWolf1113 @ 07/28/16 05:36 PM
Honestly poke check needs to be that effective, we don't have alot of defensive tools....at least so far its more what's the word? Fluid, or realistic....the poke check just feels right compared to 16...if that makes sense

# 117 mikeq672 @ 07/28/16 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
you must not have played a game then, because this game plays nothing like NHL 16
Its the same thing, sure the skating feels a bit better. The AI is still completely useless and still does the same things weve all been complaining about for 7 years, they still skate behind the net and shoot the puck into the back of it. I could go all day on the AI but moving on. I still cant pick up not moving pucks at an alarmingly high rate. I still open miss nets with snipers from the low slot(im sure someone will tell me I dont know how to aim). 90% of goals are absolute cluster ****s and broken plays still. My first game last night the first goal was shot off our defenseman and deflected away from the net only for the AI to no look backhand baseball bat the puck out of the air into the net. The next goal our AI defenseman passed the puck into the net and scored. It never really got any better after that. The game still has no idea what icing is and the fact that they havent figured out a way to police "incidental" contact is a joke. I could go all day but i doubt anyone is still reading.

# 118 bowld @ 07/28/16 06:35 PM
I played a ton of NHL 16 and to be honest this game doesnt feel all that much different. Sure there are small improvements but nothing game changing by any means

# 119 Millennium @ 07/28/16 07:26 PM
How people can say this is the same game as 16 is beyond me. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, the AI (NOT IN EASHL as those are purposely lowly rated players) is night and day better than 16 in HUT and Online VS. They watch the 1Ts, the pressure the puck, they use the net battle and stick tie up mechanics. It's a beauty to watch.

Goalies look and feel immensely better. I've seen the occasional weird animation, but they stay truer to the puck carrier and recognize threats on the ice much better.

"Feels the same as 16" - I've watch this forum complain about gameplay over feature set (outside of Online BeAGM) for a year. They clean up gameplay and don't go for a huge back of the box feature and now it "feels the same as 16". I'm just not seeing that guys...at all.

# 120 Thelastnova @ 07/28/16 07:34 PM
66BA H9NT HJTT

87GB GCNG G5TG

First come first serve...Repost and say you downloaded so no one else trys to...Downloading the beta right now, will post impressions soon!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.