Home
NHL 17 News Post

EA Sports today announced the arrival of the NHL 17 Beta, available now to NHL Insiders. So basically if you get the NHL Newsletter and if you signed up for the beta by July 7th, you can get it today -- a full 24 hours earlier than expected.

The Beta will be available to everyone else starting tomorrow and will last through August 4 and features several modes for you to get a kickstart on your upcoming season:
  • Hockey Ultimate Team: Build. Collect. Compete. The most played mode in EA SPORTS NHL gets even better! Introducing HUT Synergy, an all-new “Team Building” system designed to challenge the way you build and play as your Ultimate Team. Pair player strengths together to create synergy in your roster and grant perks across your lineups. The all-new HUT Dynamic Sets mechanic takes collecting to a new level that replicates the biggest real-world hockey moments. Collect sets to unlock rewards, including new thematic sets, to constantly build and improve your team. With Dynamic HUT Sets, if it happens hockey, it happens in NHL 17.
  • EA Sports Hockey League: Take your EA SPORTS Hockey League team to the next level and build your brand by completing games, and leveling up your player and team to unlock customization items. Give your uniform a unique look or use the all-new Arena Creator to build the home ice you’ve always wanted.
  • Online Versus: Play NHL 17 online in a one vs. one environment. Own Every Zone with more end-to-end control with authentic goalies featuring positional awareness and Reactionary Save Intelligence, all-new Net Battles for offensive and defensive zone play, and dozens of thrilling new goal celebrations.
EA Sports is seeking feedback and opinions from the community about your playtime with the Beta. Be sure to leave impressions and thoughts on what you are playing in the comments below!

Game: NHL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
NHL 17 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Thelastnova @ 07/28/16 07:35 PM
Sorry forgot to say it's for PS4

# 122 Indyboy180 @ 07/28/16 07:47 PM
Can you not change the difficulty after your pick your preset...

I'm stuck on Rookie because I chose "It's been awhile"

# 123 Tengo Juego @ 07/28/16 07:54 PM
So, am I just missing the option, or is there not a way to set the camera to 'always up' in EASHL? I can't seem to find it. Had to play a game in the opposite direction and it was rough lol. I had my controls set to camera relative so it was like playing with reversed controls.

# 124 Millennium @ 07/28/16 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyboy180
Can you not change the difficulty after your pick your preset...

I'm stuck on Rookie because I chose "It's been awhile"
I don't think any of the modes adhere to that though. Maybe HUT vs CPU? But even that I think is set to All Star 4 minute periods.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

# 125 Millennium @ 07/28/16 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
So, am I just missing the option, or is there not a way to set the camera to 'always up' in EASHL? I can't seem to find it. Had to play a game in the opposite direction and it was rough lol. I had my controls set to camera relative so it was like playing with reversed controls.
Should be default, but if not go to "Online Setting" and there is a setting (forget the name) that you can set as "Prefer Up"

# 126 Tengo Juego @ 07/28/16 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Should be default, but if not go to "Online Setting" and there is a setting (forget the name) that you can set as "Prefer Up"

I'm an idiot. I had it set to away up reading that as always up. Thanks.

# 127 HenryClay1844 @ 07/28/16 08:33 PM
I just can't get into NHL anymore, I've tried several years and I cannot win any face offs. When I can't complete such a simple task it's easy to give up on a game. Custom options aren't that good, so I probably won't even try my EA access trial this year. Just too high of a learning curve for someone who only plays casually.

# 128 mnsportsguy47 @ 07/28/16 08:51 PM
I have benn downloading the game for 2 hours now and it says(and shows) I still have 5 hours remaining...sorry never downloaded a ps4 game before. Any help to speed things up??

# 129 Themayorofawsometown @ 07/28/16 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsportsguy47
I have benn downloading the game for 2 hours now and it says(and shows) I still have 5 hours remaining...sorry never downloaded a ps4 game before. Any help to speed things up??
Go into rest mode

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

# 130 Smye.photo @ 07/28/16 09:27 PM
Anyone have a extra code they are willing to share ?

I signed up but i cannot get the email since thst email is not active anymore

Please it would be greatly appreciated

# 131 Smye.photo @ 07/28/16 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smye.photo
Anyone have a extra code they are willing to share ?

I signed up but i cannot get the email since thst email is not active anymore

Please it would be greatly appreciated
I would like a ps4 ( forgot to say in previous post )

Please pm me

# 132 Samz555 @ 07/28/16 10:16 PM
I have been downloading the demo for like half the day now and im only at 16%....Hella slow! My connection is good and internet is normally pretty fast! on xbox! Any advice?

# 133 Indyboy180 @ 07/28/16 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I don't think any of the modes adhere to that though. Maybe HUT vs CPU? But even that I think is set to All Star 4 minute periods.

Found my answer Millenium

https://www.reddit.com/r/NHLHUT/comm...iculty_in_hut/

It's based on the division I'm in in HUT Single Seasons.

So I'm basically gonna dominate and move to the next tier. Fun game though.

# 134 Spragga @ 07/28/16 10:44 PM
Where do I find the beta? I put in the code and I don't see it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 135 Millennium @ 07/28/16 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spragga
Where do I find the beta? I put in the code and I don't see it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spragga -

On PS4 go to your Game Library and Download it

On XB1 go to your Games & Apps and it should be 'Ready to Install'

# 136 jhawk826 @ 07/28/16 11:55 PM
The commentary is still stale and generic. That was an area they needed to improve upon and it sounds like they didn't even touch it.

# 137 Ruffy @ 07/29/16 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAfan1624
Its lame that you cant play offline in this beta. Why did they make it online only? This isnt a game that was meant for online, theres too much lag.

Btw will the online stats carry over into the real game when it comes out?
Single player HUT is versus CPU.

# 138 MBizzle13 @ 07/29/16 12:33 AM
Ps4 code anyone??

# 139 Pappy Knuckles @ 07/29/16 12:47 AM
I've only played online so far and I'm enjoying it. I'm not a fan of the sport, but I enjoyed 16. NHL 17 feels pretty good and I think I'm going to grab it at launch. Here's a goal I scored online earlier. I'm a pretty awful player, so this one felt good.

# 140 Södy @ 07/29/16 01:54 AM
I wish I could change the game style to hardcore in HUT Solo Play.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.