Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, has been posting quite a few details on the upcoming EA Sports UFC 2 patch on his Twitter page. While no date for the patch has been revealed, he has posted quite a few nuggets. Check out some of them below and let us know what you think!
  • Added the ability to block when in any level of hit reaction to the legs or body. This should fix the "magic combo" issues.
  • Tuned AI transition denial success rate to be more dependent on grapple advantage
  • Increased stand up arm health damage taken when holding High Block by 20%
  • Reduced stand up arm health recovery when holding High Block by 20%
  • Fixed exploit that allowed fighters to hold their opponent in side saddle with little opportunity for escape
  • Added Grapple Advantage Meter which allows users to better understand grappling mechanics and timing
  • Improved AI takedown defense
  • Further AI stamina management tuning
  • Taunt with @BlessedMMA in the last 20 seconds of the round and have your opponent taunt back to end a round "The Holloway"

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Trillz @ 08/14/16 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
As a quick match player I don't like it. The higher levels of quick match (if you can find a fight) are just as competitive as ranked
i see what you mean, some people like to play competively and not worry about W/L or rank. Ill just say Offline and tutorial.

# 142 Dave_S @ 08/14/16 05:45 PM
To be fair though a lot of people don't play quick match like I do, but there are some killers that play quick match at mid to high level rank. Killers.

# 143 SisterRay @ 08/14/16 06:03 PM
That GA meter sounds stupid for competitive modes. Just add it for quick matches,career and practice mode.

# 144 WhoDatNinja @ 08/14/16 06:38 PM
I'm all for the GA meter, more transparency into whats happening is great. Like gpd said the top grapplers already know, now the rest of us can know too. With the magic combo nerfed theres gonna be a lotta people looking for new strategies, maybe they'll try the ground and need help to learn it (jokes, they'll obviously look for the next exploit).

# 145 Generative James @ 08/14/16 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatNinja
I'm all for the GA meter, more transparency into whats happening is great. Like gpd said the top grapplers already know, now the rest of us can know too. With the magic combo nerfed theres gonna be a lotta people looking for new strategies, maybe they'll try the ground and need help to learn it (jokes, they'll obviously look for the next exploit).
Yup! I'm always in favor of giving more information to the player.

# 146 Dave_S @ 08/14/16 06:57 PM
Sure would be nice if they nerfed caf uppercuts in quick match. If you get hit with one you can get stuck in reaction unable to do anything until you are ko'd.

Don't think the leg and body hit reaction thing will reflect this at all.

# 147 manliest_Man @ 08/14/16 07:05 PM
Something else i'd like to see with this patch is:

1 - Force people who hold HIGH Block, instead of timing it properly, to have their movement speed decreased to the same ammount it is decreased, for when there is a body health event.

2 - When someone is lunging/slipping, strikes cut short, instead of their original tragectory and especially when someone has stopped lunging strike accuracy takes too long to recover, you are still throwing dumb strikes even when the lunge animation of the opponent has stopped. Hopefully it's fixxed.

3 - When someone is holding slip to one direction and sitting still over there, strikes that come after him, shouldn't be dumbed down or cut short, but instead hit him if his standing still.

# 148 Serengeti1 @ 08/14/16 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Top players already know all the GA rules though.

This is more for people who haven't been exposed to them.
Exactly. I haven't studied that stuff on this forum. I'm one of those people. Just wanna say take what people here say with a grain of salt on the matter. Of course they want to know what others don't.

# 149 Dave_S @ 08/14/16 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Exactly. I haven't studied that stuff on this forum. I'm one of those people. Just wanna say take what people here say with a grain of salt on the matter. Of course they want to know what others don't.
That's what practice mode, career, offline is for

You start putting gauges in quick match you'll see people quickly look for ways to exploit.

Then everyone will be complaining. You heard it here first.

# 150 manliest_Man @ 08/15/16 12:19 AM
Instead of adding a Grappling Meter, can you add a Ping indicator on the fighter selecting screen so we can avoid lag fests in quick match?

# 151 SMOKEZERO @ 08/15/16 12:40 AM
The GA meter will more than likely be used for scenario awareness. If you're watching the meter too much you will get transitioned on. Once you put it through the lab, you'll probably never look at it again, but will have a further understanding of GA. GPD put out a under the hood GA video a few months ago... Very informative stuff in there I'm sure a lot of people have no idea about. This level of transparency will ultimately let even the casuals become better players. GPD, since you're implementing this, I hope that "Perfect Swoop meter" is on the way too. That's a game changer there.

# 152 GameplayDevUFC @ 08/15/16 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
The GA meter will more than likely be used for scenario awareness. If you're watching the meter too much you will get transitioned on. Once you put it through the lab, you'll probably never look at it again, but will have a further understanding of GA. GPD put out a under the hood GA video a few months ago... Very informative stuff in there I'm sure a lot of people have no idea about. This level of transparency will ultimately let even the casuals become better players. GPD, since you're implementing this, I hope that "Perfect Swoop meter" is on the way too. That's a game changer there.
No perfect swoop meter on the horizon I'm afraid.

We actually had one, but removed it after focus tests came back that people found it distracting.

The GA meter will be exactly what you saw in that video you referenced, only prettier.

# 153 Dave_S @ 08/15/16 01:46 AM
Any chance those of us with glaucoma can get high contrast submission gates?

# 154 Bigg Cee @ 08/15/16 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Any chance those of us with glaucoma can get high contrast submission gates?
Yes plz, sometimes I find the sub gates hard to see. The green is easy but they could be brighter the colors. When I play during the day with my window open I find the red sub gates really hard to see.

# 155 Dave_S @ 08/15/16 03:14 AM
Khabib had mentioned welterweight, could you imagine him vs Maia in this game!!!!

# 156 manliest_Man @ 08/15/16 04:12 AM
GameplayDevUFC, I don't know if you'll see this and it's pretty random, but please check out this post of mine and let me know what you think of the idea i am suggesting: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...eds-added.html

# 157 Dave_S @ 08/15/16 05:23 AM
How about a nerf for known ped users

# 158 SpartanZombieXD @ 08/15/16 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
Im a player that considers himself good on the ground, and the GA advantage meter interests me. Im SURE there are parts of GA that I dont understand, and within a week of playing with the meter it will clear it up. Then I will never look again I imagine lol

Im hoping this will lead to more people learning the ground game. Im not great standing, I learned ground, and beat most players there quite easily, so in a way Im silly to try and stand, hence not really improving

Hopefully this will mean more of a challenge on the ground, forcing me to up my standup game

# 159 SpartanZombieXD @ 08/15/16 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonezy
GA meter should be in offline only.
I'm of the opinion that if you're looking at the grapple meter you're not looking for the transition tells and will miss a reverse. Adds in another layer to the ground.

I would understand if its not in competitive though, but I don't think its gonna affect is as badly as you're imagining

# 160 fishingtime @ 08/15/16 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanZombieXD
I'm of the opinion that if you're looking at the grapple meter you're not looking for the transition tells and will miss a reverse. Adds in another layer to the ground.

I would understand if its not in competitive though, but I don't think its gonna affect is as badly as you're imagining
I think people are more worried about it being used for decisions since you can try and maintain GA. When someone has their back to the cage, they are at a disadvantage. Etc.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.