Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Plenty of NBA 2K17 details have arrived, courtesy of André Voigt on Twitter, Founder and editor of FIVE , host of Got Next and author of Planet Basketball. We have translated his tweets below. (Thanks to ryback89 and everyone that assisted).
  • Shoes scaned in 3d for the first time, retro-sneakers too
  • over 300 shoes are in the game
  • in all 30 NBA Arenas they recorded the sound of the balls, fans, buzzer and more
  • Dynamic Commentary Both - eleven commentarys are in the game, they change depending on which city you play they support the main commentary duo
  • Blacktop - users can create own rules, there are specatators and player intros
  • online matchmaking can be personalised
  • MyTeam: redesigned cards, six new gem-levels, moments, historic franchise team packs, dynamic duos special bonus if you have two players that play together in reality, example Klay and Steph Curry
  • MyTeam Blacktop: Quick 3vs3 multiplayer, you can choose one MyTeam player the others are random
  • MyLeague: new menus, playoff mode (full customizatin), start today, Expansion 30-36 Teams all own jerseys, logos etc, League Expansion Draft if an expansion is chosen
  • MyLeague Online: 80 Seasons, more player development, more administration features, keeper-feature, many offseason decisions,
  • MyLeague/MyGM: start before 2016 Offseason possible, rules are dynamic (on-court rules like shotclock, trading)
  • Pick protection/swaps in trades are in the game also at cpu teams
  • Advanced Rotation: User can determine which players when in a game should be together on court
  • New Features: Jersey Retirement, Uniform Update (X-Mas etc get later in the game), Offseason trades possible, roster and draft classes are easier to edit
  • MyCareer: Wow... I'm not allowed to give you the news now. They come in a couple days.
  • Now Gameplay news - all throws (except dunks) have an own timing point for the release
  • new aim mechanic for jump throws
  • Dribble: no triggert animations user must combo the moves
  • Defense: new steal system, more user skill dependent
  • Game is faster to learn on lower levels, Coach K guides the 2KU that teaches all fundamentals
  • CPU Players bring more actions offside the ball (get free, cuts etc)
  • Physicality: Post Game completely new, contact on the zone border and at rebounds new in game, new putbacks
  • over 700 new animations at defense/offense on- and offside the ball
  • all offenses and defenses of the NBA are in the game, over 6000 adjustments, updated while the season
  • Smart Coach: Assistant gives detailed informations an coaching (example go over the block at KD)
  • 30 new freelance offenses, new team schemes, new transition offense/defense, mismatches will be recognized and will get attacked
  • individually tactics against certain players (example hard closeouts againts Curry)
  • Good coaches have better defense (awareness), user controls the help
  • ProAM: owner controls the roster of the teams, team can play without the owner, stats of the players will be saved, three team level amateur, pro and elite, there will be sponsors (VC) on the elite level
  • NBA2k17 All Star Tournament, Money Price, Allstar Tickets

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 201 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
SO dribbling - unless everyone has a unique look to their handles with a simple left to right cross, this new system means everyone will have the same generic dribble moves, seeing as we've got to do everything on the stick now and they've 'removed animations'

I can't see how it will play out any other way if there's no talk of signature size ups.

Without everyone having a signature look to their dribble, what will be the difference between doing a cross and spin with Harden, and the same with Kyrie?

Confused and slightly troubled as someone who loved the sig size ups as a way of maximizing individuality between players.
I hear you dude, I need signature stuff in the game. But I suppose we don't know that a left to right with player X isn't different than a left to right with player Y. About time for a blog I say.

I'll try and press some of those community dudes for an answer.

I think the article yesterday said the dribble moves are broken down for the user to put together, but are still signature

....... who knows though.....

# 202 mongo13clikke @ 08/31/16 04:08 AM
Give us gameplay 2k!!!

Yes your marketing is good, everyone is hyped as **** now, it all sounds good on paper, give us gameplay!!!

# 203 daveberg @ 08/31/16 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
I hear you dude, I need signature stuff in the game. But I suppose we don't know that a left to right with player X isn't different than a left to right with player Y. About time for a blog I say.

I'll try and press some of those community dudes for an answer.

I think the article yesterday said the dribble moves are broken down for the user to put together, but are still signature

....... who knows though.....
Here's hoping my friend. Here's hoping.

Info, even though it's spilling through now, is still vague in a lot of areas.

Well.....areas i'd like addressed, anyway.

I believe that's called 'being selfish' Heh.

# 204 SeaTownGamer @ 08/31/16 04:45 AM
Australia is the only national team besides the Dream Team and Team USA? Australia tho? What makes them so special?

# 205 raidertiger @ 08/31/16 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
If I'm reading the trailer right, the Prelude is just the character creation and the college games. It stops when you get the call to join Team USA.

Once 2K17 launches, you can load your file from the Prelude, and resume from there, from the Olympics-in-name-only to the NBA draft.
Ah makes sense. Was under the impression though that the Prelude had exclusive stuff not in the main game, like the combine DLC for 2k10.

# 206 fanlyfesportsapp @ 08/31/16 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by just Mudiay
The news are flat out AMAZING so far... I'm already in bed and too lazy to recap... ;D
Agreed.. It is indeed amazing news so far..!

# 207 LouAllDay @ 08/31/16 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
Australia is the only national team besides the Dream Team and Team USA? Australia tho? What makes them so special?
Is this confirmed yet?

# 208 Hustle Westbrook @ 08/31/16 06:46 AM
Green releases are 100 percent makes again lmao.

Here we go with these dumb *** cheesers running around with Steph Curry jacking green release 3s with my hands in their face lol.

# 209 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Green releases are 100 percent makes again lmao.

Here we go with these dumb *** cheesers running around with Steph Curry jacking green release 3s with my hands in their face lol.
Man lets just hope he only saw like 4 green releases and they went in today.

By the sound of him, he couldn't really articulate with 100% clarity (at least in the vid, don't know him at all). He just seemed overly hyped and seemed to lack composure - let's sit on the fence and wait for more.

# 210 The 24th Letter @ 08/31/16 07:04 AM
Hopefully some of the other YTers, or better yet Mike Wangs blog can clear it up...

I seriously doubt they have recreated another 2K15 situatuon...

We will see

# 211 Schiltzenberger @ 08/31/16 07:05 AM
I've seen people saying that you will play for team USA straight out of college.... I'd doubt it.
IMO coach K will probably invite us to be in the college select team that practices against team USA, or recently drafted players v team USA. Should hopefully be able to make the US squad later in mycareer though.

# 212 Hustle Westbrook @ 08/31/16 07:05 AM
Quote:
Man lets just hope he only saw like 4 green releases and they went in today.

By the sound of him, he couldn't really articulate with 100% clarity (at least in the vid, don't know him at all). He just seemed overly hyped and seemed to lack composure - let's sit on the fence and wait for more.
Man, I hope you're right. I have no desire to relive that 2K15 shooting system again lol.

# 213 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Man, I hope you're right. I have no desire to relive that 2K15 shooting system again lol.
I suppose its patchable (both ways). If we whinge hard enough, we can trigger a change. Cheesers can do it....

# 214 ballstreet2k @ 08/31/16 07:27 AM
Quote:
I suppose its patchable (both ways). If we whinge hard enough, we can trigger a change. Cheesers can do it....
Didn't Beluba say that in 2K16 they introduced a system that would let him alter the shot heuristics on the fly, without the need for a full patch? I think it's safe to assume that it would still be in place for 2K17, just in case Mike needs to save us from a new patch 4 apocalypse.

# 215 SeaTownGamer @ 08/31/16 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouAllDay
Is this confirmed yet?
That is what I read a poster commented.

# 216 raiderphantom @ 08/31/16 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBhoops
Don't know if this has been shared. If you pause it periodically you can see every single rating for players (Dubs have 4 players all 90+).

https://youtu.be/kPYd5AkKMSk
Damn you still can't sort by position the old way? That might sound like nitpicking but when you're trying to scroll through one position across the league it's really annoying.

# 217 alabamarob @ 08/31/16 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
SO dribbling - unless everyone has a unique look to their handles with a simple left to right cross, this new system means everyone will have the same generic dribble moves, seeing as we've got to do everything on the stick now and they've 'removed animations'

I can't see how it will play out any other way if there's no talk of signature size ups.

Without everyone having a signature look to their dribble, what will be the difference between doing a cross and spin with Harden, and the same with Kyrie?

Confused and slightly troubled as someone who loved the sig size ups as a way of maximizing individuality between players.
I would assume that dribbling is still signature, but they just broke the sizeups into small pieces. Thus, a sig sizeup had 5 dribble moves in 1, now you can do all 5 individually in any order.

# 218 alabamarob @ 08/31/16 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Hopefully some of the other YTers, or better yet Mike Wangs blog can clear it up...

I seriously doubt they have recreated another 2K15 situatuon...

We will see
The way he was able to change shooting in 16 makes this a non issue. I doubt greens are perfect.

# 219 Checmate101 @ 08/31/16 07:53 AM
Guess that means when I play with the Wizards at home it's going to be alot of cheering for the other team...long as I get John waaaaaaaaaaall from the PA guy I'm good

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

# 220 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I would assume that dribbling is still signature, but they just broke the sizeups into small pieces. Thus, a sig sizeup had 5 dribble moves in 1, now you can do all 5 individually in any order.
This is what I believe it to be also (hoping desperately). Well worded though.

I'm trying to confirm this on Twitter through a few people just so I can sleep tonight haha.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.