Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Plenty of NBA 2K17 details have arrived, courtesy of André Voigt on Twitter, Founder and editor of FIVE , host of Got Next and author of Planet Basketball. We have translated his tweets below. (Thanks to ryback89 and everyone that assisted).
  • Shoes scaned in 3d for the first time, retro-sneakers too
  • over 300 shoes are in the game
  • in all 30 NBA Arenas they recorded the sound of the balls, fans, buzzer and more
  • Dynamic Commentary Both - eleven commentarys are in the game, they change depending on which city you play they support the main commentary duo
  • Blacktop - users can create own rules, there are specatators and player intros
  • online matchmaking can be personalised
  • MyTeam: redesigned cards, six new gem-levels, moments, historic franchise team packs, dynamic duos special bonus if you have two players that play together in reality, example Klay and Steph Curry
  • MyTeam Blacktop: Quick 3vs3 multiplayer, you can choose one MyTeam player the others are random
  • MyLeague: new menus, playoff mode (full customizatin), start today, Expansion 30-36 Teams all own jerseys, logos etc, League Expansion Draft if an expansion is chosen
  • MyLeague Online: 80 Seasons, more player development, more administration features, keeper-feature, many offseason decisions,
  • MyLeague/MyGM: start before 2016 Offseason possible, rules are dynamic (on-court rules like shotclock, trading)
  • Pick protection/swaps in trades are in the game also at cpu teams
  • Advanced Rotation: User can determine which players when in a game should be together on court
  • New Features: Jersey Retirement, Uniform Update (X-Mas etc get later in the game), Offseason trades possible, roster and draft classes are easier to edit
  • MyCareer: Wow... I'm not allowed to give you the news now. They come in a couple days.
  • Now Gameplay news - all throws (except dunks) have an own timing point for the release
  • new aim mechanic for jump throws
  • Dribble: no triggert animations user must combo the moves
  • Defense: new steal system, more user skill dependent
  • Game is faster to learn on lower levels, Coach K guides the 2KU that teaches all fundamentals
  • CPU Players bring more actions offside the ball (get free, cuts etc)
  • Physicality: Post Game completely new, contact on the zone border and at rebounds new in game, new putbacks
  • over 700 new animations at defense/offense on- and offside the ball
  • all offenses and defenses of the NBA are in the game, over 6000 adjustments, updated while the season
  • Smart Coach: Assistant gives detailed informations an coaching (example go over the block at KD)
  • 30 new freelance offenses, new team schemes, new transition offense/defense, mismatches will be recognized and will get attacked
  • individually tactics against certain players (example hard closeouts againts Curry)
  • Good coaches have better defense (awareness), user controls the help
  • ProAM: owner controls the roster of the teams, team can play without the owner, stats of the players will be saved, three team level amateur, pro and elite, there will be sponsors (VC) on the elite level
  • NBA2k17 All Star Tournament, Money Price, Allstar Tickets

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 241 coachcolbert @ 08/31/16 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
No, it just means us guys who play myLeague are screwed in later years with everyone looking the same as with every year. I doubt this will ever change.
oooh ok. man thats BS for the myleague/mygm guys. still hope he's wrong for you guys sake. i havent created a player that wasnt a myplayer since 2k14, so i didnt know.

fingers crossed that weight tab they didnt show on the prelude trailer matters in attributes and appearance

# 242 Gosens6 @ 08/31/16 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
No, it just means us guys who play myLeague are screwed in later years with everyone looking the same as with every year. I doubt this will ever change.
Just gotta wait for the roster makers to save us with draft classes.

I know ETP will rescue us soon enough

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

# 243 Korrupted @ 08/31/16 10:58 AM
I've been keeping tabs on community day and these are some of things that's been revealed from people who were there.

1. Rep In Walk On PRO-AM.
2. There will be another 250k tourney for Pro-Am and winners will go to All Star Weekend. Apparently qualifying is completely different for 2k17 than 2k16. Teams who put in work in the mode will more than likely qualify for the tourney.
3. You can switch positions in PRO-AM. If the PG is playing horrible at the one the 2 guard can officially change to PG. Pretty much position swap.
3. Dribbling is different. Fatigue is involved and you have to string your moves together smoothly or you'll lose the ball. Dribbling has a steeper learning curve this year.
4. You can joins friends MyPark from the main menu
5. Timing layups are relatively easy and shouldn't give people a problem.
6. Computer AI is better in 2k17
7. Greens aren't 100% again this year.
8. According to DEVS fatigue will play a factor in MyPark. No more abusing turbo all game.

Overall the game is more fluid, game speed is faster, and the defense is even better this year.

Checkout @_SooFarGone_ @DmanUnt2014 @CashNastyGaming etc. twitters for more info. They got to play the game early and have been dropping updates on twitter since.

# 244 ProfessaPackMan @ 08/31/16 11:25 AM
Quote:
7. Greens aren't 100% again this year.
8. According to DEVS fatigue will play a factor in MyPark. No more abusing turbo all game.
Glad to hear that, about the first one.

The 2nd one though...the tears are gonna be flowing like the Mississippi on that one.

# 245 Vni @ 08/31/16 11:27 AM
Greens are 100% this year Pack, Mike confirmed it.

# 246 ProfessaPackMan @ 08/31/16 11:31 AM
Hmmm, not sure how I feel about that one...

# 247 Barncore @ 08/31/16 11:32 AM
Some things that stood out to me:
Quote:
in all 30 NBA Arenas they recorded the sound of the balls, fans, buzzer and more
That's the kind of detail that made me love 2K in the first place. (Y)
Quote:
Dynamic Commentary Both - eleven commentarys are in the game, they change depending on which city you play they support the main commentary duo
Interesting.
Quote:
MyLeague: new menus, playoff mode (full customizatin), start today, Expansion 30-36 Teams all own jerseys, logos etc, League Expansion Draft if an expansion is chosen
Meh. I don't really care about any of that stuff. Uh oh. I have a feeling the fundamental issues of the game will remain the same.
Quote:
Pick protection/swaps in trades are in the game also at cpu teams
Pick protection. It only took them 4-5 years of people asking for it. But that's good news.
Quote:
New Features: Jersey Retirement, Uniform Update (X-Mas etc get later in the game), Offseason trades possible, roster and draft classes are easier to edit
Jersey retirement and easier editing are huge additions. Half the fun of MyLEAGUE is making history with the players. And better customizability is always good. Still hoping you can edit staff members and owners though.
Quote:
over 700 new animations at defense/offense on- and offside the ball
Hmm. There's no way he personally knows that for sure. Now i know he's just a conduit for 2k to release info.
Quote:
all offenses and defenses of the NBA are in the game, over 6000 adjustments, updated while the season
Smart Coach: Assistant gives detailed informations an coaching (example go over the block at KD)
30 new freelance offenses, new team schemes, new transition offense/defense, mismatches will be recognized and will get attacked
That all sounds great but are the schemes attached to the TEAM or the COACH?
Quote:
individually tactics against certain players (example hard closeouts againts Curry)
Pretty sure that was in the game last season.
Quote:
Good coaches have better defense (awareness), user controls the help
Not sure what that means exactly but the fact that that kind of thing is getting a mention is a positive.

Overall that's pretty positive. (Y)

# 248 Godgers12 @ 08/31/16 12:59 PM
Is the D-League in this year?

# 249 JAY_D1 @ 08/31/16 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Is the D-League in this year?
Doesn't look like my mans..... That was one of my main concerns too ha.

Game still gonna be amazing but really wish we had that in there

# 250 BigPunForever @ 08/31/16 01:52 PM
I'm starving for a college hoops video game can't they just make one with fake players and users can make there own rosters if they want. You're seeing them implement 10 teams in 2k17 why not just make a college hoops game. It's fun to recruit and take teams to the tournament. That's a greedy move cause they can't make long term money on it because people will just make new rosters every year instead of buying a new copies with new rosters. That's the key to sports gaming is the newest rosters. That's what makes people spend the 60 dollars we're paying for a roster update. I have been doing it with ncaa march madness 10 but it's becoming stale.

# 251 GradyMac @ 08/31/16 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPunForever
I'm starving for a college hoops video game can't they just make one with fake players and users can make there own rosters if they want. You're seeing them implement 10 teams in 2k17 why not just make a college hoops game. It's fun to recruit and take teams to the tournament. That's a greedy move cause they can't make long term money on it because people will just make new rosters every year instead of buying a new copies with new rosters. That's the key to sports gaming is the newest rosters. That's what makes people spend the 60 dollars we're paying for a roster update. I have been doing it with ncaa march madness 10 but it's becoming stale.
Not enough demand.

I am with you; except for that March Madness EA stuff, I prefer and still occasionally run with my dynasty in College Hoops 2k8. Great game!

# 252 LorenzoDC @ 08/31/16 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
Doesn't look like my mans..... That was one of my main concerns too ha.

Game still gonna be amazing but really wish we had that in there
My guess is they won't make a playable one for sure, because I believe their stats showed them people did not play summer league after they put it in last year. I noticed they cut some resources to that game element with one of last year's patches.

I do hope they may at least add something closer to a text or simcast type d league element, though. Since they went to the bother of adding more draft elements to trades, maybe they created a way to draft & develop in d league or maybe even stash in Europe.

Anyway, that's my hope.

# 253 NorthPhillyFis @ 08/31/16 02:01 PM
Got all the info i was waitin for bouta preorder this jawn tomorrow but if yall didnt do it this year please back exporting teams next year i used that heavy in the old games

# 254 23 @ 08/31/16 03:08 PM

# 255 Goffs @ 08/31/16 03:14 PM
I'm shocked no one leaked shady's intro yet. Someone pm that guy so he can record it.

# 256 Jrocc23 @ 08/31/16 04:18 PM
Wish he recorded more gameplay. That intro was the same as 2K16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 257 Vni @ 08/31/16 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Looks great.

# 258 imdahman @ 08/31/16 05:13 PM
Are they finding a better way to handle team playbooks for MyTeam?

They really need to let us simply create a custom playbook!

# 259 LorenzoDC @ 08/31/16 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redux1000
Ya I mean I'd still be cool to have it, i wouldn't care at all if it weren't playable

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
If by making it playable and gave the user a payoff in player development somehow, then it would be worthwhile.

I think if they had done something like that with summer league last year, people would have used it.

# 260 beau21 @ 08/31/16 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
What was this? Page seems to have been taken down.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.