Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Plenty of NBA 2K17 details have arrived, courtesy of André Voigt on Twitter, Founder and editor of FIVE , host of Got Next and author of Planet Basketball. We have translated his tweets below. (Thanks to ryback89 and everyone that assisted).
  • Shoes scaned in 3d for the first time, retro-sneakers too
  • over 300 shoes are in the game
  • in all 30 NBA Arenas they recorded the sound of the balls, fans, buzzer and more
  • Dynamic Commentary Both - eleven commentarys are in the game, they change depending on which city you play they support the main commentary duo
  • Blacktop - users can create own rules, there are specatators and player intros
  • online matchmaking can be personalised
  • MyTeam: redesigned cards, six new gem-levels, moments, historic franchise team packs, dynamic duos special bonus if you have two players that play together in reality, example Klay and Steph Curry
  • MyTeam Blacktop: Quick 3vs3 multiplayer, you can choose one MyTeam player the others are random
  • MyLeague: new menus, playoff mode (full customizatin), start today, Expansion 30-36 Teams all own jerseys, logos etc, League Expansion Draft if an expansion is chosen
  • MyLeague Online: 80 Seasons, more player development, more administration features, keeper-feature, many offseason decisions,
  • MyLeague/MyGM: start before 2016 Offseason possible, rules are dynamic (on-court rules like shotclock, trading)
  • Pick protection/swaps in trades are in the game also at cpu teams
  • Advanced Rotation: User can determine which players when in a game should be together on court
  • New Features: Jersey Retirement, Uniform Update (X-Mas etc get later in the game), Offseason trades possible, roster and draft classes are easier to edit
  • MyCareer: Wow... I'm not allowed to give you the news now. They come in a couple days.
  • Now Gameplay news - all throws (except dunks) have an own timing point for the release
  • new aim mechanic for jump throws
  • Dribble: no triggert animations user must combo the moves
  • Defense: new steal system, more user skill dependent
  • Game is faster to learn on lower levels, Coach K guides the 2KU that teaches all fundamentals
  • CPU Players bring more actions offside the ball (get free, cuts etc)
  • Physicality: Post Game completely new, contact on the zone border and at rebounds new in game, new putbacks
  • over 700 new animations at defense/offense on- and offside the ball
  • all offenses and defenses of the NBA are in the game, over 6000 adjustments, updated while the season
  • Smart Coach: Assistant gives detailed informations an coaching (example go over the block at KD)
  • 30 new freelance offenses, new team schemes, new transition offense/defense, mismatches will be recognized and will get attacked
  • individually tactics against certain players (example hard closeouts againts Curry)
  • Good coaches have better defense (awareness), user controls the help
  • ProAM: owner controls the roster of the teams, team can play without the owner, stats of the players will be saved, three team level amateur, pro and elite, there will be sponsors (VC) on the elite level
  • NBA2k17 All Star Tournament, Money Price, Allstar Tickets

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 221 stillfeelme @ 08/31/16 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
Everyone uses the same button/stick for shots...does every shot look the same?

Yes Kyrie and Curry will both be doing a cross over, but the is like 72 different crossover animations in 2k16, so maybe in 17, they added those to mimic players moves.
All they did was break down each dribble move by controller right stick input. The animations will be signature you will have to control it yourself now though that is the "stick skill"

# 222 daveberg @ 08/31/16 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
Everyone uses the same button/stick for shots...does every shot look the same?

Yes Kyrie and Curry will both be doing a cross over, but the is like 72 different crossover animations in 2k16, so maybe in 17, they added those to mimic players moves.
That's what we're trying to find out.

Without the signature sizeups there is a selection of about 20 plus dribble moves (Crossovers) in a league that contains HUNDREDS of players. Without anything signature, chances are you'll end up seeing the same old dribble moves over and over again unless they have retained the sizeups, and/or given everyone their own sig dribbles.

All just speculation right now. It's nothing but a waiting game, it would seem.

# 223 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
All they did was break down each dribble move by controller right stick input. The animations will be signature you will have to control it yourself now though that is the "stick skill"
Is this confirmed though or educated speculation?

I've seen/read so much in the last day it may have slipped my mind is all.

I just can't imagine doing a simple left to right with 2 different players and have it look different. Too generic to differentiate right?

Left, right, left, left and it's suddenly combined to make a "size up" and signature kicks in?

Just trying to wrap my head around it is all.....

# 224 The 24th Letter @ 08/31/16 08:28 AM
Signature size ups were confirmed to still be in at G-Con

# 225 DC @ 08/31/16 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
I would like to know what "easier to edit rosters & draft classes" means

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you see that?

# 226 ronyell @ 08/31/16 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Where did you see that?

It's in the translation of his tweets near the bottom.

# 227 ForeverVersatile @ 08/31/16 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Is this confirmed though or educated speculation?

I've seen/read so much in the last day it may have slipped my mind is all.

I just can't imagine doing a simple left to right with 2 different players and have it look different. Too generic to differentiate right?

Left, right, left, left and it's suddenly combined to make a "size up" and signature kicks in?

Just trying to wrap my head around it is all.....
If you haven't seen this video, here is a small sample of dribbling. I don't know, but it looked like the ball didn't touch the floor after the first hesitation and it went down pretty far. I hated see that happen in 2K16. https://youtu.be/W6c3keq61Is?t=32s

# 228 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
If you haven't seen this video, here is a small sample of dribbling.https://youtu.be/W6c3keq61Is?t=32s
Yeah I saw that one, thanks man. Just struggled to take a whole lot from it. KD at the end was probably more telling than anything else but I still came out blurry.

But 24th says signature dribbles were confirmed. He seems likes he'd know.

# 229 stillfeelme @ 08/31/16 08:44 AM
Quote:
Yeah I saw that one, thanks man. Just struggled to take a whole lot from it. KD at the end was probably more telling than anything else but I still came out blurry.

KD had a signature sizeup in the video when he rocked it between his legs.

# 230 The 24th Letter @ 08/31/16 08:48 AM
Quote:

Signature size ups just be clear.

We will see how things go though...

More freedom can, as we have seen in the Live series add some quirky aspects to dribbling...

# 231 DC @ 08/31/16 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
It's in the translation of his tweets near the bottom.

It has been very hard (since 2K14) to go back to hand imputting ratings man.

# 232 ronyell @ 08/31/16 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
It has been very hard (since 2K14) to go back to hand imputting ratings man.

Who you telling...

# 233 MarkWilliam @ 08/31/16 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Signature size ups just be clear.

We will see how things go though...

More freedom can, as we have seen in the Live series add some quirky aspects to dribbling...
Got you (size ups). And so just to sum up we're saying, each dribble within the signature size up is separated by user input (all signature).

I hear you stillfeelme, I suppose I just didn't see the signature in the KD between the legs move. Subtle to me, I suppose the more you string together, the more signature becomes apparent....

Thanks for clarifying though fellas. Just wasn't 100% if it was confirmed.

# 234 Walt Frazier @ 08/31/16 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
No they left out Arena Music, Shoes, Presentation Elements, Animations, etc from the last few PC versions. Face Scans etc.

Each year the PC version is shorted on purpose and now with the lack of modding, makes the PC version even more in-attractive as a choice of purchasing.

Yes....and those things are factors I am considering now as to which way I will go this year.

But....the PC did get its own ultrawide camera option and 4K res...

# 235 coachcolbert @ 08/31/16 09:45 AM
saw in another thread that FamilyFirstGlo was saying the CAP is identical to 16. he also said there are no tatoos or body types??

is CAP same as creating your myplayer? hope not!

# 236 DBMcGee3 @ 08/31/16 10:05 AM
I just want the dribbling to be more responsive, I really felt like they took a step back the past couple of years in that area.

I like the sound of pretty much all of this though, just gonna need some hands on time to decide if I'm buying again.

# 237 abcfinest @ 08/31/16 10:09 AM
Yall do know 2k has always had timing points for jumpers and lay ups. It just wasnt a meter to show us. Yall bums crying made them put a meter in. Now they got timing meters for lay ups smh. I know on the older 2k's you could never just tap the shoot button to shoot or or tap it to do lay ups because you would miss. They were always timed release to me i thought now its just a meter to show you when to release. I understand the reason because its basically so casuals can hop on, play and learn quick.

# 238 Cleve07103 @ 08/31/16 10:18 AM
If we all remember 2k was saying before that the game will be more signature then before so I doubt they take them out but we will have to wait and see.

# 239 LionsFanNJ @ 08/31/16 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcolbert
saw in another thread that FamilyFirstGlo was saying the CAP is identical to 16. he also said there are no tatoos or body types??

is CAP same as creating your myplayer? hope not!
No, it just means us guys who play myLeague are screwed in later years with everyone looking the same as with every year. I doubt this will ever change.

# 240 Mintsa @ 08/31/16 10:33 AM
Still nothing leaked about PNO. Really eager to see what has been changed/improved.

Also wondering if they added just a regular online H2H mode were you just play random opponents and keep track of you W/L record (no trophies, tiers, buying wins......just straight up W/L record, old school style).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.