Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Quote:
The 2K development team traveled to all 30 NBA arenas to record and analyze the different sounds exclusive to each arena. Logging thousands of miles to bring you the most authentic experience in a sports game ever, watch how each arena in NBA 2K17 will have it's own flavor and be more realistic than ever before.

Check out the trailer and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 Ownal0t @ 09/06/16 04:02 PM
its good to see that our quiet arena (till we do something good) isnt in the game *sarcasm*

WHERE BROOKLYN AT?

# 122 bALLDAYLONG_J10 @ 09/06/16 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Dallas needs to be loud as HELL
EXACTLY!! The rims in Dallas are mic'd up as hell. Swishes literally echo. The on-court acoustics really sound amplified in that arena.

# 123 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/06/16 04:03 PM
I'd be boycotting the game if they couldn't get my team correct, especially if the complaints are being heard.

Yeah we all love Basketball but if they keep messing up my team, why keep giving them my money?

# 124 aholbert32 @ 09/06/16 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Thing is, these things are so obvious that they shouldn't have to be pointed out. If I'm part of an art team for a huge company/game like this, no way in the world are these things gonna be so far off. If you work in the art department, your attention to detail should be much better than this. I'd also have too much pride to let this stuff slide thru. Isn't this about being as authentic as possible?

Either way, I have seen many people mention the Bucks court/unis all last year...here, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter...what gives?

Personally, I have contacted a bunch of the 2K guys as well (PMs here, Twitter etc), but no no avail.

Look, the Bucks green unis are too light again this year, just like last. Giannis skin is too dark again this year, just like last. And then, obviously the court...which is the biggest issue I wish they'd fix.

The Bucks court is so hideous in the game, I don't even play home games with the Bucks (sad, eh). Only time I play home games is on the Fear The Deer court (which is awesome they put that in last year!). But then, you're forced to wear the black unis.
I played several games with and against the Bucks...and never noticed that the Green was off. I did notice the Knicks jersey and floor though. It matters to you more because you are a Bucks fan as it should.

My point is if it matters to you that much you should have no problem organizing or constantly messaging 2k devs about this on Twitter. I seriously doubt that the art team or the devs spend much time going through Facebook or Youtube messages (because they are negative cesspools) but tweeting has worked to bring attention to issues. Especially with other games. I've seen it first hand with EA games like UFC.

Not to make an excuse for the Art team but there are literally tens of thousands of art elements that are within this game. From the UI, each menu, each court, each face, each body etc. So I dont think its about "pride".

There are uniform issues in EVERY sports game whether its made by EA, 2k or someone else. Sometimes it takes devoted fans to point out an issue that someone working on thousands of elements may overlook. Just my two cents. You can try my approach or just continue to complain on OS and hope that a dev stumbles onto one of your complaints.

# 125 aholbert32 @ 09/06/16 04:05 PM
Quote:
It usually turns from "constructive" to "complaining" when things are never fixed, year after year. People get frustrated. When they aren't listening to constructive criticism, then what?
You move on or find a better way to directly communicate with the people who can fix the issue?

# 126 cmebfresh @ 09/06/16 04:05 PM
Always one dude telling people to stop complaining. this is a forum not church.

# 127 aholbert32 @ 09/06/16 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Just tweeted this to the guys at 2K that I knew had accounts. I urge anyone with a Twitter account to do the same if you're annoyed by this. Fingers crossed!

Tweet: The #Bucks and #Knicks court colors are still waaay off. Can we please get that fixed? #NBA2K17 @Ronnie2K @Beluba @Da_Czar @NBA2K @LD2K
Now more people here should do the same damn thing. One tweet isnt going to fix it. I honestly dont give a **** about it but I'm going to tweet the same thing now.

# 128 Thetruth9012 @ 09/06/16 04:10 PM
I watched again. This announcer is the worst in the history of sports gaming.

I played MyCareer in Atlanta last year and that Korver 3 was there so wtf?? I even think that was in the last gen too.

# 129 PPerfect_CJ @ 09/06/16 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Now more people here should do the same damn thing. One tweet isnt going to fix it. I honestly dont give a **** about it but I'm going to tweet the same thing now.
Absolutely. The more people that tweet them, the bigger chance we have of them acknowledging it and getting it fixed.

# 130 Smirkin Dirk @ 09/06/16 04:15 PM
Quote:
Bucks court IS still f'ed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable.
Il be honest. I opened this thread to see your complaint.

# 131 Tunechid @ 09/06/16 04:15 PM
Quote:
Bucks court IS still f'ed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable.
The bucks organization is fine with it. All you do is cry about the Bucks in every thread, just don't buy the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 132 Vni @ 09/06/16 04:15 PM
I bet if Giannis tweeted Hey fam mind fixing our court ? to Ronnie2K it'd be fixed within an hour.

# 133 PPerfect_CJ @ 09/06/16 04:16 PM
The Bucks just tweeted about their arena... and didn't say anything about the colors being way off. People replying to their TWEET sure did, tho. It's not just us that noticed. Lol!

# 134 aholbert32 @ 09/06/16 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I bet if Giannis tweeted Hey fam mind fixing our court ? to Ronnie2K it'd be fixed within an hour.
Or the NBA or the Bucks. The ****ing Bucks are tweeting the arena and seem fine with it. If their account said "The Bradley Center is in NBA2k but it needs a darker green"...this gets fixed in a day.

# 135 ronyell @ 09/06/16 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by choteron2
Agreed, The crowd need to be darker

My tasteless sense of humor is dying inside at this post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 136 aholbert32 @ 09/06/16 04:21 PM
Quote:
Man, I love the NBA. I love this game. I have more fun with it than Madden or MLB The Show.

Maybe that's why these visual things bother me so much? I LOVE authenticity, and even tho I do think gameplay is priority #1, I'm an art/graphic guy thru and thru. That's my passion. Simple things like court colors, skin tones and uniform colors should always be correct. No excuses. There's thousands upon thousands of sources on the internet to get this stuff right.

So it bothers me when they don't fix these issues that have been issues for a few years now. And what makes it worse is that they are so obvious....and they're easy fixes on top of it. I understand that player models is much more tricky and can mess with coding, etc. But that isn't the case here.

Do they not care? Is it just laziness (I hate using that word). Do they really lack that much attention to detail?

Anyways, I'm rambling now.

Either way, as disappointed as I am, I will still be giving 2K my $60 on the 16th.
I wouldnt say "easy" but it can be done. This can only be fixed by a patch now and I think has to be approved by the NBA because its correcting a league asset (I could be wrong about that).

With that said, I remember a few years back 2k fixed a bunch of courts by patch so it can be done.

# 137 XxKnicksRules215xX @ 09/06/16 04:25 PM
No love for the Knicks?

# 138 TheWalkingCash @ 09/06/16 04:30 PM
Now we just need authentic PA announcers from each arena.

# 139 swac07 @ 09/06/16 04:31 PM
Said I was only gonna watch the clip and not read the comments.....guess what??

I read the comments..

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

# 140 videobastard @ 09/06/16 04:32 PM
I'm very happy that this area of the game is getting attention finally. But I was hoping to hear the specific defense chants. Hopefully we get a gameplay video with the crowd audible to hear how it plays out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.