Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Quote:
The 2K development team traveled to all 30 NBA arenas to record and analyze the different sounds exclusive to each arena. Logging thousands of miles to bring you the most authentic experience in a sports game ever, watch how each arena in NBA 2K17 will have it's own flavor and be more realistic than ever before.

Check out the trailer and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 ehh @ 09/06/16 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr33mo
Also, no one ever notices the Knicks 3pt line should be blue and not white. I also don't think it has anything to do with not having the license at all. If they couldn't replicate the garden bcus of a license then there is no way they would be able to use the Knicks' iconic one of a kind ceiling.
Exactly, if they can damn near replicate the ceiling of the Garden they can get the 3PT line the right color and the shade of blue correct for the entire floor (or at min much closer to the real-life thing).

# 102 Goffs @ 09/06/16 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
Seriously, watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFu3OWjNC_w

That game was made seven years ago, and was absolutely amazing for audio. The only thing 2K beats it in is having a PA announcer that tries to at least imitate the real life ones.

Every possession is filled with variety and realistic sounds, just like what you get watching a Celtics game. In 2K we're limited to one or two sounds, and a lot of the time they're generic. That trailer showed nothing at all to indicate that they worked heavily on this area.

Ball on floor and rim/net sounds are nice, but you're going to notice crowd noises, chants and organs a hell of a lot more.
You know why it sounds so good? It sounds natural....how the sound of the organ just started playing. 2k sounds unnatural....

Need to see some actual gameplay vids from 2k to see if they dethroned Live lol

# 103 ClevelandinDistress @ 09/06/16 03:45 PM
Constructive criticism is one thing. Whining and complaining is another. It seems this forum's posters have lost the ability to differentiate between the two. Or maybe I'm just a gentleman....or getting old.

# 104 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/06/16 03:45 PM
As one of the more critical folks here in regards to Atmosphere and Crowd noise, I honestly didn't see anything in that trailer to make me believe they got it right this time.

And don't even get me started on that weak *** OKC Chant, lol. Ball sounds is cool I guess, even though it's probably last on my list as far as important issues in regards to atmosphere.

This is one of those issues where a trailer won't tell us if they got it right or if it's improved from last year.

Meh.

# 105 aholbert32 @ 09/06/16 03:46 PM
Quote:
Go back and read my other posts. I'm complaining that it's such a meh trailer because there really isn't a great deal of new stuff, compared to what they originally advertised. None of the stuff they've added is going to make it feel like a proper game, like I hoped.

I've never even heard that Hornets chant in real life either.
I dont care if your opinion is its a "meh" trailer. Like I said, you dont have to overstate or ignore things to make your point. Thats my point.

I'm happy about the crowd sounds but could give a **** about the rim, horn or net sounds (honestly I dont really notice those sounds much). Neither of us know whether this is going to make it "feel like a proper game" until we play it or see videos.

You dont have to act like the trailer is nothing but ball sounds (when its not) to make your point. If anything, it takes away from your point because you are exaggerating.

# 106 Jumpman14 @ 09/06/16 03:47 PM
Has anybody here tweeted 2k or guys like Ronnie and LD2K that about the Knicks and Bucks courts?

# 107 aholbert32 @ 09/06/16 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman14
Has anybody here tweeted 2k or guys like Ronnie and LD2K that about the Knicks and Bucks courts?
Knicks and Bucks fans should be tweeting the hell out of them, Beluba, Czar and any other 2k dev who is on twitter. Talking about it in random threads here wont get their attention.

# 108 Mintsa @ 09/06/16 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillazKill
Looks like there's no Raptors fans outside the arena this year

To be honest that only happens during the playoffs. So for the sake of authenticity should only happen during playoff games.

# 109 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/06/16 03:50 PM
Oh and those crowd sounds in that trailer...ain't none of that **** new. [emoji38]

# 110 aholbert32 @ 09/06/16 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Oh and those crowd sounds in that trailer...ain't none of that **** new. [emoji38]
I think the reactions are. Especially the different reactions to different shots. I just hope it works the way it should.

I was playing Live this weekend and while its much better and more consistent than 2k16 when it comes to crowd sounds, people are overrating it a little. If 2k can finally fix the reactions, I'll be happy with the sound.

# 111 aholbert32 @ 09/06/16 03:53 PM
Quote:
There is nothing in that trailer to indicate that 2K has added anything new except ball sounds and ball hitting the rim/net sounds.

I could have sworn the buzzers were different in each stadium last year and the chants in the trailer shown were in last year too.
Again. You are making a point that is different than what you wrote. If you wanted to say there was nothing new....you shouldve said that. You still would be wrong.

# 112 coachcolbert @ 09/06/16 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
Constructive criticism is one thing. Whining and complaining is another. It seems this forum's posters have lost the ability to differentiate between the two. Or maybe I'm just a gentleman....or getting old.
welcome to gaming AARP sir - youre not alone lol, we stand with you

# 113 kurt2134 @ 09/06/16 03:54 PM
I'm extremely happy with the focus on sounds and atmosphere. Now we just need confirmation that the retro game filters are back.

# 114 Hustle Westbrook @ 09/06/16 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman14
But doesn't the art department have some sort of reference pictures that they use when designing the courts? They should be able to see themselves that the court colors are off. Plus, this isn't the first time they've had issues with the Knicks blue being the wrong color.

Back in 2K13.

Knicks jersey was the same sky blue color the court is now, when it should be dark blue like below.

# 115 simbayless @ 09/06/16 03:56 PM
We need a blog on this asap ,if not then this is suspect

# 116 siraulo234 @ 09/06/16 03:59 PM
This trailer is laughable i cant believe 2k released it like this

Really ball bounces and rim and net sounds? If you can tell the difference between each arena for ball bounces and rim sounds, theres something wrong lol

Maybe its just the trailer but the crowd chants was still poor (i didnt notice much difference from previous 2k games vs this trailer). The only thing positive i guess is the PA announcer's authentic "lines" but it doesnt matter because the actual voice remains unchanged

Hopefully the presentation trailer is much better

# 117 BA2929 @ 09/06/16 03:59 PM
We need some gameplay video asap. People are starting to get hostile nitpicking these videos lol

It's great they added all this stuff in and it took quite the impressive effort, but I unfortunately won't notice it anymore after the first weekend of playing the game.

# 118 Goffs @ 09/06/16 03:59 PM
We getting anything written today? Wanted to read about the process that went through this.

# 119 PPerfect_CJ @ 09/06/16 04:00 PM
Just tweeted this to the guys at 2K that I knew had accounts. I urge anyone with a Twitter account to do the same if you're annoyed by this. Fingers crossed!

Tweet: The #Bucks and #Knicks court colors are still waaay off. Can we please get that fixed? #NBA2K17 @Ronnie2K @Beluba @Da_Czar @NBA2K @LD2K

# 120 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/06/16 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think the reactions are. Especially the different reactions to different shots. I just hope it works the way it should.

I was playing Live this weekend and while its much better and more consistent than 2k16 when it comes to crowd sounds, people are overrating it a little. If 2k can finally fix the reactions, I'll be happy with the sound.
We didn't see it when it really matters though, that's why it's hard to say if it's improved from last year.

It's like telling me I can get a free pizza sample but can only eat the crust, lol.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.