Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Another Madden NFL 17 title update is available now for Playstation 4 and Xbox One. The update includes gameplay, Madden Ultimate Team and commentary updates based on feedback from the community.

Gameplay
  • Adressed some RAC catch animations that were incorrectly triggering drops in certain situations.
  • Addressed certain situations where Ice the Kicker was not triggering even though conditions were met.
  • Fixed issue where catching a missed field goal in the end zone caused the position of the
  • ball and the direction of play from the field goal play to be used in the play following the turnover.
  • Addressed certain instances of defenders travelling across the field when the defensive play is flipped, instead of switching assignments.
  • Fixed issue where receivers were getting a speed boost by timing the snap with motioning.
  • Fixed several fatigue issues related to weather/temperature penalties for the Away team.
  • Fixed an issue where using the give up mechanic after recovering a fumble would cause the player to fumble again.
  • Fixed an issue where users could consistently place the ball in the coffin corner on a kickoff with an inaccurate kick.
  • Fixed an issue in 3-4 Under where safety was taking himself out of the play vs. outside runs.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the QB would pass the ball backwards when attempting to throw while crossing the LOS.
  • Fixed an issue where user could ice their own kicker when calling a time out during a field goal attempt.
  • Fixed an issue where a successful fake FG run would result in the player being called out of bounds.
  • Fixed an issue where player icons were displaying ‘grey’ color for fatigue on the play call screen.
  • Fixed an issue where the ball would rarely hit the FB when running HB Lead toss out of I Form Tight.
  • Fixed an issue where the wind direction arrow was backwards in CFM.
  • Fixed an issue where increasing the fumble slider was not causing more fumbles.
  • Fixed an issue where Defenders were not always being credited with a Sack and Forced fumble in the Stats screen when causing a sack-fumble.
Madden Ultimate Team
  • Added MUT Head-to-Head Seasons.
  • Added Super Bowl presentation to appropriate MUT Head-to-Head games.
  • Added the ability to give rewards after each MUT Head-to-Head game rather than waiting
  • until the Event is over.
  • Added additional logic to tell how many items you have available to add to a particular set.
Commentary
  • New lines and logic added for post PAT scenarios. This is previously a spot in the game
  • where we had no commentary.
  • New/additional names added for RB’s, QB’s,Kickers/Punters, and WR’s.
  • New postplay analysis from the team for various different situations.
  • Refreshed common touchdown analysis lines, and added additional logic and lines to fire
  • new situational commentary.
  • Hundreds of new lines added to Play the Moment to provide more variety during return to
  • game scenarios.
  • Legends names added.
  • Numerous tuning changes based on common line telemetry.
Stability
  • Various stability fixes in all modes including Franchise and Madden Ultimate Team.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 T4VERTS @ 11/30/16 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by micole
Wonder if they're gonna have more facial updates like they did last year?
I'm not sure they plan on doing anymore scans this year. They have a pretty large group of those willing to do it. Their new plan going forward is to scan them all as rookies at the combine (they started this year).

# 22 Millennium @ 11/30/16 11:31 AM
Can anyone post a video post patch with the CPU shanking a punt? Tired of heresy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

# 23 BleedGreen710 @ 11/30/16 11:35 AM
Seems like a cool update. Really like that they have added new commentary. I don't think it's enough to get me to resume my franchise though. The qb accuracy is what killed it for me. I wish they would at least have some temporary make shift solution until they patch in a more refined fix.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk

# 24 roadman @ 11/30/16 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanklax
CPU punting definitely still broken
I'm not seeing it yet after playing a full game.

I saw the CPU kick a 69 yd punt, obviously with the wind and the CPU tried to pin me in the corner twice.

# 25 roadman @ 11/30/16 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feros Ferio 7
Anyone played with QB accuracy set to at least as low as 5 seen any difference?
As low as 0, and there isn't much difference.

I tried on AP and AM, plus, we knew they wouldn't be addressing QBA for this title update.

# 26 hock0413 @ 11/30/16 11:48 AM
The only punt I saw was a 19 yarder that went straight out of bounds.

# 27 roadman @ 11/30/16 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hock0413
The only punt I saw was a 19 yarder that went straight out of bounds.
Was the punt trying to get you inside your 20 or further upfield?

# 28 hock0413 @ 11/30/16 11:54 AM
No, they where at there own 30. It may have been a one time shank. I have been alternating teams making the CPU punt on every possession and haven't seen it since the first time. I may have just jumped to conclusions.

# 29 tyler28 @ 11/30/16 11:56 AM
So has the punt issue been address with the patch? Its not in the notes as being fix. I would assume it hasnt been since its not listed.

But if its been addressed why isnt it listed as such. I dont think we need video proof if its not on the list as being fixed. I would assume its not.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

# 30 Steve_OS @ 11/30/16 11:57 AM
FYI

The Madden NFL 17 title update released today includes a commentary update that applies to Franchise Mode (via @CMcLeod_EA)

# 31 Charvalos @ 11/30/16 11:59 AM
Ahaha, I finish the first half of a match with Matt Ryan at 9/13, 250 yds. QB Acc. at 2, AM difficulty. I'd only to touch the icons of the WR and bang, right on target. Insane.

# 32 roadman @ 11/30/16 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charvalos
Ahaha, I finish the first half of a match with Matt Ryan at 9/13, 250 yds. QB Acc. at 2, AM difficulty. I'd only to touch the icons of the WR and bang, right on target. Insane.
You knew it wouldn't be addressed, why act so surprised?

# 33 roadman @ 11/30/16 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
So has the punt issue been address with the patch? Its not in the notes as being fix. I would assume it hasnt been since its not listed.

But if its been addressed why isnt it listed as such. I dont think we need video proof if its not on the list as being fixed. I would assume its not.

It could be under the stability factors, nobody is for sure, so, we shouldn't assume on either side.

I'm still waiting for a response,

# 34 Mattanite @ 11/30/16 12:10 PM
It looks like sadly again again again (all of CFM - M13 to M17) there is no fix for the CPU Coaching Carousel scheme bug... M18, you better be fixed!!

# 35 Mattanite @ 11/30/16 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Can anyone post a video post patch with the CPU shanking a punt? Tired of heresy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Hearsay or Heresy?? Hahaha, imagining a forum full of dissent and sacrilege!

# 36 tyler28 @ 11/30/16 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It could be under the stability factors, nobody is for sure, so, we shouldn't assume on either side.

I'm still waiting for a response,
Kind of a big issue to hide under stability factors.

I will test for myself and i will assume it hasnt been fixed unless im told , or read it somewhere or see it for myself.

# 37 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 11/30/16 12:15 PM
Did they fix the issue where the TE randomly walks right through the QB after breaking the huddle & walking to the line of scrimmage?

Did they clean up the physics (ala Madden 16) so players aren't constantly walking through player's bodies, limbs fusing together, players rolling right through lineman's legs when they're engaged in an unbreakable 2 man blocking animation, etc..?

Did they address the trenches at all with players randomly warping into blocking animations, leaving their blocking assignments, etc..?

These are my biggest issues with the game.

# 38 RogerDodger @ 11/30/16 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videogamelover
is this a good enough update to end the development process for Madden NFL 17? they only have around 8 months to work on Madden NFL 18 now.
They were working on 18 before 17 was released.

# 39 roadman @ 11/30/16 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Did they fix the issue where the TE randomly walks right through the QB after breaking the huddle & walking to the line of scrimmage?

Did they clean up the physics (ala Madden 16) so players aren't constantly walking through player's bodies, limbs fusing together, players rolling right through lineman's legs when they're engaged in an unbreakable 2 man blocking animation, etc..?

Did they address the trenches at all with players randomly warping into blocking animations, leaving their blocking assignments, etc..?

These are my biggest issues with the game.
Title update notes on fixes on the first page of this thread.

# 40 LionsFanNJ @ 11/30/16 12:22 PM
Good patch, but I'm still going to wait to play the game until the QB issue is addressed in a month or two

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.