Home

Coach Mode or Owner Mode? PLEASE VOTE ASAP!!!

This is a discussion on Coach Mode or Owner Mode? PLEASE VOTE ASAP!!! within the 4th and 1 forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > 4th and 1
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: So what is your vote? Coach Mode or Owner Mode?
Stick with Created Coaches Only 7 31.82%
Move over to an Owner Mode with unlimited funds (at request) 6 27.27%
Move over to Owner Mode with 100 million in funds awarded equally at the start of each season 9 40.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2015, 05:01 PM   #1
Rookie

madman53191's Arena

OVR: 16
Coach Mode or Owner Mode? PLEASE VOTE ASAP!!!

OWNER MODE OR COACH MODE? PLEASE READ BELOW AND MAKE A DECISION MY VOTING IN THE POLL. THE MAJORITY VOTE WILL WIN THIS. WE HAVE 32 USERS AND THIS IS A BIG DECISION SO I FULLY EXPECT A HEALTHY NUMBER OF VOTES ON THIS MATTER.

Ok, so as many of you guys know. We made a statement in chat about going to owner mode. We have decided to let the owners decide on this matter as we cannot come to a solid agreement on the issue.

The reason we considered owner mode as of late is because we discovered an issue with scouting. The better teams with better scouts pay much less when scouting (Even in coach mode due to trainers and scouts still being on teams). So we proposed a move to an owners only league to give guys a shot at controlling their full staff in an attempt to balance the league from a scouting standpoint.

So here are some pros and cons to owner mode:

Pros:
- You will be able to sign your staff as you please. (Have a level 1 scout? No problem, sign you a level 17)

- You will be able to use current coaches to keep realism on the sidelines during games. You could also upgrade and sign a coach that fits your style more. Ex. Defensive minded coach vs an Offensive coach.

- By being able to sign better trainers, you could hopefully attempt to limit regression, which we saw kill older vets in M15.

- Money is not an issue as it was in the past (The commish can add funds to teams who may be in bad markets. So your money issues are gone. YES THIS HAS BEEN TESTED.

Cons:
- Coach perks inherited with choosing real life coaches. A guy like Pete Carroll will have more perks than say Dan Quinn because he is going to he a higher level coach whereas Quinn just started off. This could also alter the landscape when it comes to team building as better coaches get more game prep xp as we know....

- Not enough quality coaches to go around. As we seen in the past, guys who join the league first will get first dibs on some FA coaches and trainers, which in turn may limit guys who join last by leaving them with scraps if they want to replace their guy. The issue in the past was that there were say 10 "world class" trainers. So when these guys snatched up, there weren't much good left. Same applies to scouts and head coaches (If you wish to change).

Also it should be noted that if we go with owners, relocation will be turned off and stadium rebuilds must be approved before you can follow through with it on game. This can be as simple as pm'ing a commish. As far as funds go, we have discussed a few different options. We could add 100 mil in funds to each team at the beginning of each season to kinda start everyone on the same playing field OR we can add funds as requested by the owner (when the team actually needs help).

With that being said, here are some pros and cons to coach mode:

Pros:
- Created coaches ensure that no team becomes a power house due to everyone starting off or signing high level coaches. We will all begin on an even playing field as far as coaches and coaching perks go (Gameprep, FA Resignings, etc)

- Everyone is awarded the cards they are dealt without any fuss over trainers, scouts, and coaches. By taking what you have, you won't have to worry about joining last and being in the same boat anyway due to all the coaches and good trainers/scouts being taken.

- Like the new owner mode, money is not an issue. You can resign as you please and it also makes it less complicated as you will not have to ask for funds when you get too low.

Cons:
- You cannot edit or have control over your coaching staff. This could in return make guys regress more and also put some teams at a disadvantage when it comes to scouting. (Some teams come with horrible scouts)

- You will not have the option to try and rebuild your stadiums and what not. Which could in return limit guys from a control aspect. I know some guys love complete control over things.

As you can see, both modes have positives and negatives. So please vote in the poll above. If you have any opinions please vote below.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2015, 05:05 PM   #2
Pro

That Army Allen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Coach Mode or Owner Mode? PLEASE VOTE ASAP!!!

Owners mode is my vote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:32 PM   #3
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

It is not smart to split votes on owner side, you could have more vote on coach when in reality more people would prefer to go owner.

But not a big deal anyway

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace
Old 08-28-2015, 06:41 PM   #4
Eskimo

shilobad's Arena

OVR: 9

I voted, but I voted for Deez Balls.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Coach mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2015, 07:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Seeing the pros and cons, I don't see why we don't choose owner mode with generic coaches. It would eliminate half the cons. Just my thoughts and the thing that makes most sense to me. I'll refrain from voting because otherwise I could care less.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:18 PM   #7
Voodoo

brettytwotimes's Arena

Owner mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2015, 09:05 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm good either way really, but vote for owner mode. Most important thing is we all do the same thing. That really was the issue last year.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > 4th and 1 »