Home

Mario Tennis on Gamecube

This is a discussion on Mario Tennis on Gamecube within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2004, 09:10 AM   #1
MVP

Kevin926's Arena

OVR: 7
Mario Tennis on Gamecube

Anyone pick this one up?

I am a Gamecube owner and have not played it since about March. I will be getting Mario Tennis sometime when I have no other games that can hold my interest for a long period of time. Anyways, this is one of my most forward-looked to (sweet grammar, huh?) game of the year. I just find myself that I can hold off on purchases.

It's been getting good reviews, anyone get it? Fetter? injunwal?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2004, 09:53 AM   #2
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Mario Tennis on Gamecube

I picked it up for me and my son having good matches, sadly, between GTS SA & Halo II online, it isnt getting any PT.

Its a great game though.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:05 PM   #3
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I have it. It's pretty fun. Playing doubles with someone is fun. I think out of the box it is pretty challenging once you get to about the 3rd tournament. I'm sure once I get more playing time it will become easier. I'm having a lot of fun with it though.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 11-23-2004, 11:16 AM   #4
MVP

Kevin926's Arena

OVR: 7

I got this game on Saturday. I've barely played it because I have been busy, but my impressions so far are that is is very similar to Mario Tennis on N64, just with power/defensive shots and improved graphics, and such.

It's pretty fun multiplayer, and they added a few more side games. I'll be playing it for a long time, just because I haven't been gaming much recently (I've only bought 5 games in 2004) and can play this for a long time. I'm a big tennis fan, that may also be why it appeals to me so much.

I'd recommend it for anyone who liked the game a lot for the N64, and could play a beefed-up version on the Gamecube.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:40 PM   #5
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin926
I got this game on Saturday. I've barely played it because I have been busy, but my impressions so far are that is is very similar to Mario Tennis on N64, just with power/defensive shots and improved graphics, and such.

It's pretty fun multiplayer, and they added a few more side games. I'll be playing it for a long time, just because I haven't been gaming much recently (I've only bought 5 games in 2004) and can play this for a long time. I'm a big tennis fan, that may also be why it appeals to me so much.

I'd recommend it for anyone who liked the game a lot for the N64, and could play a beefed-up version on the Gamecube.
i'm still playing it a lot. I have pretty much mastered the singles tournament in the game, but the doubles is pretty hard because you have to rely on your computer teammate. Multiplayer is real fun also.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2004, 08:11 PM   #6
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

How long does it take GC games to drop in price? I am new to the Gamecube world, currently enjoying all of the $19.99 titles so I am a little spoiled with that price. I definitely want Mario Tennis, the N64 was one of the best multiplayer games there was for the 64, and it sounds like it's the same for GC.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:57 PM   #7
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM1847
How long does it take GC games to drop in price? I am new to the Gamecube world, currently enjoying all of the $19.99 titles so I am a little spoiled with that price. I definitely want Mario Tennis, the N64 was one of the best multiplayer games there was for the 64, and it sounds like it's the same for GC.
I love the N64 version, but I was disapointed with the new one. Obviously it's not gonna be a sim game, since anytime you put Mario in the title it's gonna be an arcade game, but I thought the original made a good mix of the two, where as this one seems to go farther away from the tennis part for my taste.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:25 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

How is this for single-player. Does it get boring? I know the multi-player is great but I don't have anyone to play it with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »