Home

Rugby League Live (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Rugby League Live (360/PS3) within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-12-2010, 05:55 AM   #1
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16
Rugby League Live (360/PS3)

Found this over at The Rugby Forum.

Quote:
SYDNEY, Australia – June 28, 2010 – Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) today announced the development and release date of Rugby League Live for PlayStation®3, and Xbox 360® due for release on September 2nd 2010.

“Rugby League Live brings all the hard hitting action and excitement of the greatest game of all to your lounge room”, said David Robles, Business Development Manager for HES. “The demand for a Rugby League game on Playstation®3 and Xbox 360® has been staggering. We have listened to our fans and we are delighted to make this announcement”, said Robles.

The features of Rugby League Live include:

• 40+ licensed teams from competitions such as the NRL, Super League, State of Origin, City v Country, and World Cup.
• 30+ realistic stadia from around the world.
• 4 player multiplayer.
• Bone crunching tackles and impact camera replays.
• Field and uniform degradation.
• Create your own players, teams and competitions.
• Multiple replay angles and commentary by Andrew Voss.
• Join friends for head to head & co-operative online play via PlayStation®Network, and Xbox LIVE®.

“Rugby League Live for Playstation®3 and Xbox 360® is an exciting addition to the NRL licensing range,” NRL Director of Marketing & Commercial, Paul Kind, said.

“The head to head multi-player feature available online is a first for Rugby League gaming and the enhanced design and interactive features provide a dynamic experience for all gamers”, said Kind.

Rugby League Live is expected to be released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and France on September 2nd, 2010. More information about the game can be found at http://www.trublu.com.au
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/s...ve-for-PS3-360

Here's an image from Gamespot.

There's a couple more there as well.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...ve/images/0/1/

Looks like a last gen game to me, but I'm still excited for a league game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 06:42 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Rugby League Live (360/PS3)

They devs have said it's a different team from the Wii game (which was pretty bad) so hopefully it's ok.

I have been waiting for a good league game forever! I wish EA would just use the Madden engine already
Old 07-15-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think I will get it...I wonder if it will have a franchise mode.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:18 PM   #4
Rookie

Ninja Duck's Arena

OVR: 1

Ah sweet! I never new about this new game to bad there won't be a NTSC version of this, I have Rugby Leage2 for PS2 and that wasn't good at all although I tried to like it and had a little fun with it. But if this game is any good it might worth picking up on PS3 along with Ashes Cricket get my fix
Old 07-18-2010, 01:01 AM   #5
Tim Tebow has landed!

T3B0W's Arena

OVR: 22

I will get it and be disappointed AGAIN. Nature of the beast as we are blessed with so many good games from EA SPORTS and the like.

The novelty of another rugby league game will see the pre-orders go through the roof. With any luck, this is the first small step forward for what will become a massive franchise (a lot of hope in that statement).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

Here's the official trailer.

Looks pretty much like RL2 imo. Probably won't buy it since it's $130 in NZ. I like that they've added shoulder charges though.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:25 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 17

That's crap, the press said it was a new team and new engine. It looks like RL2 in HD.

Which was a very average game...
Old 08-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 15

I guess all us League fans would love it to be great, but it doesn't realy look like it will be.

I'd like to say I'll buy it to support the only developers coding League, but i'm not sure I will.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »