Home

Old 04-07-2018, 08:36 PM   #1
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

OVR: 6
AFL 2018

Since the AFL has started, round 3 already, might as well get the party started.

Watching SYD V GWS. The pre-match friendliness between the 2 teams was evident. Shoving, shouldering, forearms, chest punches, etc.

For anyone who understands the game better than I, when they do the shouldering, shoving, forearms, chest punching, etc., at what point does it become a foul/penalty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2018, 11:00 AM   #2
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

Re: AFL 2018

Saw the highlights from MEL V NM match. After spotting the Roos 24 pts the Dees went on a mission. Final 123 to 86.

So far the Dees are 2-1 and hopeful they can keep building on last year and make it into the finals. 😁
Old 04-09-2018, 02:41 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmith29
Since the AFL has started, round 3 already, might as well get the party started.

Watching SYD V GWS. The pre-match friendliness between the 2 teams was evident. Shoving, shouldering, forearms, chest punches, etc.

For anyone who understands the game better than I, when they do the shouldering, shoving, forearms, chest punching, etc., at what point does it become a foul/penalty?

Good question. AFL makes the NHL look like a pee wee football game.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:39 AM   #4
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

Watched what was supposedly, supposed to be, a footy match between Richmond and Brisbane. Does anyone know if they’ve found Brisbane yet?

What a sad display by the Lions! They scored their first goal very late in the 3rd quarter which gave them 10 points after 3!

Final was 110 to 17!

Looked at the results from round 4 and there were some brutal scores! The Dees scored 48 and had only 1 goal after the 1st quarter! One! Carlton had 30 pts in their match.

Unreal.

Last edited by jesmith29; 04-16-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:52 PM   #5
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

NM V HAW was the match this week.

All Roos in the first half and the most drama was a seagull that couldn’t get off the pitch due to a broken wing.

The Hawks came out on fire in the 3rd, to start making it a game, and the Roos were reeling. In the span of .06 seconds two Roos got knocked out and one had to be stretchered off.

In the end, it was a hill to big to climb, for the Hawks.

Final 98 - 70
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2018, 05:10 PM   #6
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

Watching GEE V SYD and the 1st quarter was pretty much all Swans but the 2nd quarter was all Cats, out scoring the Swans 28 - 1! So far the 3rd quarter is going to the Cats.

Final GEE 69 SYD 86. The 4th was all Swans as they outscored the Cats 46-7 to erase a 22 point deficit after 3.

The way momentum swings in the AFL is amazing.

Last edited by jesmith29; 04-28-2018 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 06:32 AM   #7
Rookie

binga30's Arena

OVR: 0

Local Australian here, glad you've found our sport intriguing.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:17 AM   #8
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
AFL 2018

Was nice to see that all 4 of the finals matches showed up on my DVR. Have watched the first 2 so far.

Best thing is these results never get spoiled in the States, so you can watch them whenever.

EDIT: I've gotten through all of them. The first 3 were really duds, and I fast-forwarded through the ends of them. The 4th was an amazing game.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 09-10-2018 at 11:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »