Home

How fun is it with the Generic guys?

This is a discussion on How fun is it with the Generic guys? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Icon7 How fun is it with the Generic guys?

I realize the game is about the legends. However, I was a little disappointed when I heard all generic players would be identical. I guess I have several questions about them.

First, can you have any fun with the generic players?

Do you see any individuality among them?

Is there any reason to use them in your offense?

And, for that matter can they ever make any good plays themselves or are they always overpowered by the legends?

Thanks !!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2007, 01:40 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: How fun is it with the Generic guys?

To me, it's fine.

Why? Because I don't recognize about 90% of the people in the game anyway. So I can't even tell who's generic on other teams, and who's not.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #3
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
I realize the game is about the legends. However, I was a little disappointed when I heard all generic players would be identical. I guess I have several questions about them.

And, for that matter can they ever make any good plays themselves or are they always overpowered by the legends?

Thanks !!
aww man, they are all the same? I just picked this game and NCAA up during lunch, but i may take it back if this is the case.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:44 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger

Thanks !!
one game I used a slot reciever for 3 receptions and he was good, most of the time though they are overpowered by the legends. They should be though...but that's not to say you can't move the chains with them - for WR's their routs are just a little sloppier and not as crisp, depending on the types you ask for. To answer your question though, yes you do need them, and often the opponents are busy trying to deal w/ your legends so they will get open from time to time. They are however, overpowed for the most part by defensive legends.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:45 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
aww man, they are all the same? I just picked this game and NCAA up during lunch, but i may take it back if this is the case.
Please tell me you're not that easily swayed by random comments. People have been giving a lot of feedback in the impressions thread re the generic players; they range in abilities

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2007, 01:47 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
they are not identical
'
you chose thier bias during team creation for each positions that are not legends. And they are all different shapes and sizes w/ names etc. They are not all "exactly the same" by any stretch.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:53 PM   #7
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

So that it's less differentiable from the Legends and generic players, is there a way to take the stars from underneath the Legends?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-17-2007, 01:54 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6
Icon7 Re: How fun is it with the Generic guys?

Glad to hear they have some distinctions. But, if you pick the same kind of offensive linemen (ex. pass blockers) are they identical to other pass blocking linemen or are they individually distinct from each other?

thanks again !!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »