Home

APF 2K9 Wishlist

This is a discussion on APF 2K9 Wishlist within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
APF 2K9 Wishlist

Mods, not too sure if this is ok to start.

1-Draft prior to starting your season/franchise. I think that the game would feel much more balanced if there was a "X" amount of rounds to select players. There are teams in the game that don't even have a single decent player on the team.

2-More Legends. 248 is great, but how cool would it be about 500+ Legends for next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 09:39 PM   #2
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: APF 2K9 Wishlist

I've been sending some stuff in to VC already. Particularly some innovative season/franchise mode stuff. If it's added next year, I think most offline gamers will be pleased...quite pleased.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:42 PM   #3
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

legendary coaches as well, or at the last being able to edit my appearance
Old 07-23-2007, 09:45 PM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Euphoria!

¡Por favor!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-23-2007, 09:54 PM   #5
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

1. At least double the amount of legends. I think with the quality of this game they will be easier to sign. But kudos to you guys the concept you have started is fun! And some games just forget about adding the fun.

2. Add a deep franchise (offline) mode. Begin your team just like this year 2 gold, 3 silver etc. Each year you get say 10 "points" for the draft. A gold would cost 6 silver-4 and bronze-3 (or something like that)
Allow trades prior to draft. Teams with worst record get first pick with their points etc. Unless you can get a predraft trade activated a top team won't have access to a gold player in the draft...

Players would get injured, and would age out etc. May keep cap on number of legends you can have on a team, Like 2 more than you started with ...

3. Online mode, have a Draft for the league game where players can't be on same team. Allow trades.

4. Bring back the old depth chart from NFL 2K5. I loved shuffling the pictures around. It was like trading cards LOL. I mean that was one of the coolest things ever. The new depth chart is not as fun or easy to use. Also, give the generic players faces and personality bymake all of them have just one special ability (obviously less powerful that the legends if possess the same ability) so that we could connect with them. This would make them less generic feeling. Example. If I'm having trouble stopping the run and I have all generic DT's on my team I'd love to look at the depth chart and put someone there that had an ability of Reach tackle or Run Coverage and take our the generic with Pass rush....

5. 2K sports is the king of presentation. That being said what happened to the replays during online. In 2K5 they were easy to skip and didn't change the speed of the game. I really wish you hadn't taken them out. Playing the replays manually looks like you are rubbing it in to your opponent where as letting it play didn't seem like it. Plus the auto replays had cool camera angles and had commentary. I just loved how in 2K5 the benefactor of the replay got to chose to skip it or not. Etc if score a TD the defense could skip it. and if an interception the offense team couldn't skip it.
Honestly I skipped most of them, but occasionally they were a must to watch.
Also, give me video for the halftime shows... People would watch the show more often, plus in league play people Would definately watch it.

6. In online leaderboard, let us be able to sort the columns with a button. Right now for example you can see the rushing leaders only by total yards. But what if I want to see the leader in TD's, or Yards per carry.... you can't do it. But you should...
Add even deeper stat recording for online. Would be cool to be able for you VIP to keep stats on individual Legends during your total online career. I know I would like to see those accumulated stats over time and see who is averaging the most sacks per game etc to help me see who is the most effective thus who I should keep on my team etc.

7. Work on the field graphics. In NFL 2K5, the fields seem to come to life and it was really cool to play one game on grass then another on artificial turf. I know you guys could make the fields seem different... What about having a Boise State blue field for the sailors. Or bring back a baseball infield where dirt will kick up and change footing in those areas. With the artistic freedom you have you can really improve in the field personality.

8. More options in stopping a"one trick pony" online. Example playing against a loaded OL with bruising back. Should be able to set more than one LB's to focus on RB. I'd like to be able to set all three LB's or 4 IF running 4-4 set. Yes it would leave you vulnerable but some people can run the same play all day, and would make them beat you with the pass. Also bring back the DL movement this would help stop the running game too. Same thing goes for allowing me to set 2 DB's to cover a receiver from the menu. I had one guy run outs to shannon sharpe the entire game, and before every play I had to manually set to double cover him. Wish I could set two men on him from the menu and not have to do it manually.

Jeff Thomas said he loved the forum guys, and there is no bigger fan than me, I'm loving the game this year and look forward to seeing what you guys do in the future with ALL PRO FB....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 10:05 PM   #6
Rookie

johnnywhiplash's Arena

OVR: 1

1) I second the topic creator on more legends being in.

2) More access to legends. I understand the need for the tier system and the need to restrict the number available. BUT! Come on! For a game with so much emphasis on the creation aspect of things, give us more choices. Or loosen it up a bit. Five Gold, five silver, five bronze. It just kills me not being able to put Rice, Montana and Lott on the same team. Or Butkus, Singletary, Payton, and Sayers. They have to give us a way to make that happen next year.

3) Legends acting more like themselves. VC does a great job getting Sweetness to run like Sweetness on the field, but it's downright silly to hear him scream, "You just got a taste of the Sweetness, baby!" or whatever in the hell he says, in a voice two octaves lower than the one he had. They called him "Sweetness" for a reason and it's not because he sounded like James Earl Jones. Ditto on watching Barry Sanders do the cabbage patch in the end zone. They did a great job with the legends playing styles. They did a great job with all the intangibles of stadium atmosphere. Combine the two and have at least the superstar legends act like themselves off the field.

4) A true draft option. So I never see my Walter Payton going against the Assassins' Walter Payton. This would also add a little more dimension and thought to selections.

5) Stadium Creator/Editor. More customization!

6) Ability to play with CPU generated squads.

7) Ability to edit generic players.

8) Wouldn't hurt to see some kind of stats for generics while we're at it. Even if VC doesn't want to go with a number system, they could generate a virtual history for them, complete with years in the league, game stats, that sort of thing. The same way that Madden does draft classes if you don't import from NCAA.

9) Improved CPU AI for defensive play-calling or DB AI. Some say the DB AI is broken, citing blown coverages, strange player behavior, and even legends not following their assignments. Others say the DB AI is fine, saying "of course this route works against this sort of coverage" "Of course, there will be blown coverages! There are in real football too!" True enough. Regardless, it still happens too frequently. So either the AI needs to adjust play-calling more to counter the human player (as you see it do with Line play) or there need to be some tweaks to the AI to decrease the number of money patterns. If Jim Harbaugh completed 85% of his passes in real life, he'd be a gold legend instead of a bronze.

All I could think of at the moment....

Last edited by johnnywhiplash; 07-23-2007 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 07-23-2007, 10:36 PM   #7
Pro

UNLV_1999's Arena

OVR: 7

1. How about adding defunct teams from leagues past? I would love if they could get the license to use uniforms and logos from the USFL, WFL, XFL, etc. I don’t want the game to be centered around these former leagues just add theses teams as options.
2. A commissioner mode. We could pick how many teams are in a league (under certain parameters), how long the playoffs are, rules, what teams and cities, etc.
3. A robust stadium creator in which we can design our own stadiums.
4. More and expanded signature moves.
5. Less recycled commentary.
6. Sideline reporters.
7. More sponsors such as under amour, addidas, Nike, etc.
8. Coaching legends such as Lombardi, Shula, Jimmy Johnson, Jack Pardee, etc. Have their coaching style influence the playbooks and players that are picked.

Florida Gators, MBA 2007
Football: 1996, 2006
Basketball: 2006, 2007

UNLV Runnin' Rebels, BS Business Administration 1999
Basketball: 1990

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »