Home

Getting creative with your legends

This is a discussion on Getting creative with your legends within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2007, 06:08 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Getting creative with your legends

Anyone get creative with where and how they play their legends? I've got a few ideas for a team I'm building right now....

First I took both Cliff Harris (gold FS) and Jack Tatum (silver FS) and play them on the field at the same time, Tatum at Strong Safety.

I also took Eric Green at TE because he has the bulldozer ability and I like to run, and needed another catching threat. Then the more I thought about it, I thought maybe I could add Mike Ditka as another TE, but use him as a lead blocker at FB sometimes to get both him and Green on the field blocking for Walter Payton in certain formations.

Would anyone be against me using two FS at once or Ditka at FB sometimes? Would that be considered cheese? I think it's just using my players creatively and to their fullest abilities. Oh yea and I realize that would give me three gold legends, If I added Ditka I would take away Cliff Harris.

Also, I noticed some offensive players have the big hit ability, no idea why. Like Steve Tasker, who is also a special teams demon......I thought about trying to play him both ways, not sure how that would work out. Also figured people would scream cheese.

Thoughts?

Last edited by mike01; 07-24-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 06:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Getting creative with your legends

I haven't been able to freely move players from one position to another on this game, so if you can, you should share how. It'd be greatly appreciated. I used to have Steve Tasker on my team, but its not allowing me to put him on punt or kick coverage, which is the only reason I had him on the team. Thanks for your help!

But about your post, I see nothing wrong with utilizing your players that way. The Cowboys sometimes put a TE in the backfield as a FB, so I don't see anytihng wrong with it. Although, if you're using Mike Ditka, he's pretty beastly running routes and catching the ball, so I'd recommend using him for that. Not many LB's can keep up with his speed and don't even almost compare to his size.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJAY2003
I haven't been able to freely move players from one position to another on this game, so if you can, you should share how. It'd be greatly appreciated. I used to have Steve Tasker on my team, but its not allowing me to put him on punt or kick coverage, which is the only reason I had him on the team. Thanks for your help!

But about your post, I see nothing wrong with utilizing your players that way. The Cowboys sometimes put a TE in the backfield as a FB, so I don't see anytihng wrong with it. Although, if you're using Mike Ditka, he's pretty beastly running routes and catching the ball, so I'd recommend using him for that. Not many LB's can keep up with his speed and don't even almost compare to his size.
Thanks for the input man. Unfortunately I think your problem is either a bug or just an oversight on 2k's part. I have Tatum on my kickoff coverage team, but can't put any other legends on there. Sucks. For moving around other players though you can go to edit team and then substitutions and you can make most formation changes, ie putting Ditka at fullback or swapping your receivers around.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:30 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJAY2003

You can put any player in any position if you use formation substitutions rather than the depth chart. In my offense I have Jay Novacek lining up at receiver in some formations and Daryl Johnston lining up as the second tight end in my Ace formation. I even use receiver John Taylor as a third tight end at times.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've been running with Singletary and Butkus in a 3-4 scheme with Perry as a NT. Things have worked out well. Just bumped up to all pro and my D is holding steady but my O is struggling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 11:44 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Nothing wrong with what you're doing, Mike; it's called good strategy. I like some of those moves, too--you're definitely taking a creative approach to this game, and that's a good thing. I did some similar stuff with my Raiders team, putting Allen out wide in a few formations to take advantage of his hands and moves. I actually threw a 70-yard TD to him, and it was funny to watch the guy I was playing hit the replay button to try to figure out where Marcus in the formation to get the ball in the position he did.

I've thought about taking Ditka on one of my teams--how does he play?
Old 07-25-2007, 12:23 AM   #7
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

I created Mark Bavaro and i put him in as a WR when the offensive set doesn't call for a TE
Old 07-25-2007, 12:26 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
You can put any player in any position if you use formation substitutions rather than the depth chart. In my offense I have Jay Novacek lining up at receiver in some formations and Daryl Johnston lining up as the second tight end in my Ace formation. I even use receiver John Taylor as a third tight end at times.
Can those changes be done only in the "Manage Team" section of the game, cause I've tried doing it in game and can't, and actually have also tried doing it on the "Manage Team" section, and that doesn't work. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »