Home

Can't get maximum passing to work right...

This is a discussion on Can't get maximum passing to work right... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2007, 06:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Can't get maximum passing to work right...

Alright, so I turn maximum passing on in 2k8 and I can easily lead or underthrow a receiver at will... but I can't adjust where the ball is thrown along the other axis... that is, if a WR is running a straight deep route, I can't use maximum passing to throw the ball closer to the sidelines (not even a little bit), even though I'm using QB's like Montana and Elway and holding the stick all the way towards the sideline as I push the button to throw the pass.

I've been testing this in practice mode (with my max pass enabled, of course), and it seems to only allow me to lead or underthrow.

Is this the way it's supposed to work?!? And can anyone actually say for certain that they've made the ball go to the right or left of where it was supposed to go using the maximum passing??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 09:28 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Can't get maximum passing to work right...

ok maybe im just blind wheres the place to turn this feature on?
Old 07-26-2007, 09:44 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 21

You turn it on at the team selct screen you click the left or the right stick(cant remember )

I dont turn it on and I am still able to lead passes(or so it seems)
I just press the button of the WR I want to throw to while pressing the L stick in the direction I want the ball lead.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:15 AM   #4
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5

I know the correct way to use maximum passing is to actually push the left stick in the desired direction slightly after you press the corresponding pass button. I do not press the two simultaneously. however, i always forget to use maximum passing during play cuz there is just too many things to think about....such as, looking at the pocket for potential pass rushers...scanning the field for recv'rs and timing their routes for open lanes to throw in. it doesnt help that I have ADD and can only focus on one thing at a time, though. thats why i like to run the ball alot.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:26 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalbeats7
I know the correct way to use maximum passing is to actually push the left stick in the desired direction slightly after you press the corresponding pass button. I do not press the two simultaneously. however, i always forget to use maximum passing during play cuz there is just too many things to think about....such as, looking at the pocket for potential pass rushers...scanning the field for recv'rs and timing their routes for open lanes to throw in. it doesnt help that I have ADD and can only focus on one thing at a time, though. thats why i like to run the ball alot.
The best thing to do is get the basics down. From there just concentrate on doing one or a few things at a time. once you master those add to it. Before long its all gonna be 2nd nature. If you want to play a practice game with me to get some tips challenge me online. I am sure there are some things i can learn from your game also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 10:31 AM   #6
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
The best thing to do is get the basics down. From there just concentrate on doing one or a few things at a time. once you master those add to it. Before long its all gonna be 2nd nature. If you want to play a practice game with me to get some tips challenge me online. I am sure there are some things i can learn from your game also.
oh no dude...Im a veteran football gamer. my post at the end was slightly sarcastic and intended to be funny. Its just funny how I always play with max passing but hardly use it. but, yea...the basics Ive had down for years. but thanks for the tips anyway. you have PS3 or 360?
Old 07-26-2007, 10:47 AM   #7
MVP

360, and you aint a vet till you have met the mighty "Landover Flight", LOL
Old 07-26-2007, 10:53 AM   #8
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
360, and you aint a vet till you have met the mighty "Landover Flight", LOL
hahaha....too bad i have PS3, otherwise you would have to fear the New Brunswick Blackbirds!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »