Home

Tackle Stick usage?

This is a discussion on Tackle Stick usage? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2007, 02:47 PM   #1
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Icon5 Tackle Stick usage?

Has anyone gotten to the point where you can use the tackle stick on every play you're involved in as far as bringing down the ball carrier while on defense? As for me, I'm still trying to work this into my game. I just don't have full confidence in it yet where I use it all the time. I would at times resort back to using X button or, of course, simply running into the ball carrier while pressing nothing. But I'm getting there. Right now my #1 problem is not allowing the left stick to go back to neutral right before making the tackle attempt with the tackle (right) stick. So as I approach the ballcarrier, I would sometimes make a move toward the wrong direction at the last second and miss the ball carrier as I push the tackle stick. I'm slowly getting this issue corrected though. Need more practice and reps.

Kruza
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 02:55 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Tackle Stick usage?

I'm still working out the kinks also. It's a little more difficult now that they've implemented the Reach Tackle System. I find my self reaching instead of hitting. LOL, so I also resort back to X. I did yesterday cause a fumble Online with Ronnie Lott. I was fully charged, CLICKED the R Stick & drilled the other guys receiver. I t was a thing of beauty
Old 07-24-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

I think the Rt stick is changed from 2k5

now you need to push the Left stick (I think) in the direction you want to tackle and you use the rt stick for the type of tackle only. ie right for rt reach, left for lft reach, up for upper body tackle and down for ankle tackle while pushing left stick toward the ball carrier.

it now seems to function more like the X button but allows more options.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:23 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 21

Its becoming my exclusive way to tackle. I generally run toward the RB/WR and decide do I want to tackle high or tackle low and move the right stick accordingly. You do NOT have to aim the Left stick at the HB/WR you are trying to tackle. Once you get near them just move the right stick in the direction you want and they will automaticly make the appropriate tackle.

Just be sure you dont get your socks juked off.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:32 PM   #5
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

Icon2 Re: Tackle Stick usage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
I'm still working out the kinks also. It's a little more difficult now that they've implemented the Reach Tackle System. I find my self reaching instead of hitting. LOL, so I also resort back to X. I did yesterday cause a fumble Online with Ronnie Lott. I was fully charged, CLICKED the R Stick & drilled the other guys receiver. I t was a thing of beauty

Heh, now that's cool.

I like that more animations can be seen using the tackle stick. As a linebacker, I like wrapping up the feet of the Okoyes and Campbells, standing them up and allowing my teammates to clean up. I haven't put a punishing hit on a WR yet, but I'll for damn sure try not to miss out whenever I have the opportunity.

Man, I'm still waiting for that dream chance to put a crushing hit on scrambling Randall Cunningham/Steve Young/John Elway online users. That time will come though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
I think the Rt stick is changed from 2k5

now you need to push the Left stick (I think) in the direction you want to tackle and you use the rt stick for the type of tackle only. ie right for rt reach, left for lft reach, up for upper body tackle and down for ankle tackle while pushing left stick toward the ball carrier.

it now seems to function more like the X button but allows more options.
Yeah, it's more to the tackle stick in this game than it is in 2K5. But make sure to have the left stick in neutral just before using right stick to tackle. If not, there is a great chance of your player whiffing on that tackle attempt.

Kruza

Last edited by Kruza; 07-24-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 04:38 PM   #6
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Playing online yesterday, I had a scrambling Randall all lined up with Eric Turner fully charged...and whiffed. Doh.

Your day is coming, Cunningham....
Old 07-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #7
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

Icon2 Re: Tackle Stick usage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Playing online yesterday, I had a scrambling Randall all lined up with Eric Turner fully charged...and whiffed. Doh.

Your day is coming, Cunningham....

Haha, maybe next time.

I have Joey Browner, but I have yet to lay anyone out with him. It would be nice to de-cleat a wide receiver across the middle controlling him.

Kruza
Old 07-25-2007, 11:24 AM   #8
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

I layed a nasty hit on Cunningham, with Jack Youngblood the other night. The guy tried to run a bootleg on 3rd & 2 and Youngblood leveled Cunningham. I was pumped because I charged it up and took his legs out, but I am still not use to the tackle stick yet, which is why I dont play online too much, I still need practice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »