Home

Remember when the board would be blowing up this time?

This is a discussion on Remember when the board would be blowing up this time? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 13
Remember when the board would be blowing up this time?

Ahhh, the good ol' days...when Madden and 2K dropped, the week after there would be 400-500+ online at any one time on EACH forum, discussing their game...Obviously the Madden traffic is still there, but without Scratchy, what does Itchy have to do all day?

And then there would be inevitable cross-over into the "enemy" forums, with ensuing heated arguments...man, those days are what made this board great, in my opinion. At least, it's what first attracted me here. Now, what's the point? I now finally see why they merged with MaddenMania...why have 2 separate forums doing the same thing?

Sign of the times. As Dylan said, the times, they are a-changin'...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Remember when the board would be blowing up this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Ahhh, the good ol' days...when Madden and 2K dropped, the week after there would be 400-500+ online at any one time on EACH forum, discussing their game...Obviously the Madden traffic is still there, but without Scratchy, what does Itchy have to do all day?

And then there would be inevitable cross-over into the "enemy" forums, with ensuing heated arguments...man, those days are what made this board great, in my opinion. At least, it's what first attracted me here. Now, what's the point? I now finally see why they merged with MaddenMania...why have 2 separate forums doing the same thing?

Sign of the times. As Dylan said, the times, they are a-changin'...
Yeah, those were the good old days. You had Dark Lord Vader, Sportsgiest, and many others holding down the 2k side. ea really screwed up a good thing and Im not just talking about the football game. The many discussions that were generated because of the games were a game within itself.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I used to post on the EA forums years back (5 or 6) and loved the flood of 2K enthusiasts & flamers. It was all in good fun because you saw a lot of passion behind the product both games garnered. As mindless as it got sometimes, it was still always fun.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:47 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 28

Hopefully in a few months we can hear something about another game. Wishful thinking on my part. lol
Old 08-13-2008, 04:55 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 21

Those names bring back memories. Yep, used to be a lot of arguing but productive discussions going back and forth. It's a shame things are the way they are now

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 05:22 PM   #6
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Damn you EA. Why must you be so scared of competition? You're a sorry *** company and I hate your stinking guts. You killed off a beautiful franchise.

Waits for NFL 2K28...
Old 08-14-2008, 12:32 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

This board's still blowin' up like you thought it would--call the crib, same number, same hood ;-). So the numbers aren't there, but there's some real, high quality discourse going on here from the loyal fans. And any excuse to drop a Biggy reference must be excused--RIP, and to the zealous mods, this isn't an East Coast-West Coast bashing thread, so please don't lock .
Old 08-14-2008, 12:38 PM   #8
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

ah i remember scouring for any info in the mighty interbuttz...i miss those days..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »