Home

VIP Profiles

This is a discussion on VIP Profiles within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
VIP Profiles

I downloaded a bunch of your VIP's the other day and have enjoyed playing against them. I think they do a pretty decent job of emulating what we do.

When I played Doc's profile it had Archie Manning doing a lot of scrambling out of the pocket and play action plays. He was no Steve Young, but he tried to be.

I noticed something kind of cool playing Autumn's VIP. Presnap, the circle around his player started off on a linebacker pretty much all game. He tends to do that a lot when we play for real. When I played my own profile the next game the circle jumped around from linebackers, d-linemen, and defensive backs much more often. I was kind of surprised to see that they actually incorporated those type of tendencies. It even simulates how often you pull back the screen when reading the field.

You guys should download some VIP's if you haven't already. It's pretty cool to compare the differences and similarities between the real opponent.

Oh yeah...

I've found two more generic superstars while practicing with my new team.

Coy Sape, DT
Brandon Arth, QB

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 16
Re: VIP Profiles

That's awesome... how do you download these profiles?
Old 03-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdgp2
That's awesome... how do you download these profiles?
- Click in the right analog on an opponents name to pull up their player card.

- Flick the right analog in any direction to pull up the menu. Choose "VIP"

- On the VIP screen hit the A button and it will let you download their file.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Thats pretty darn cool. Never gave it a shot yet.

Someone download "The sim gods" VIP and see how much cheese the cpu does
Old 03-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

Danny has a ******** *** profile. I'm up 7-0 and his team picks me off in my endzone with about 1:30 left in the game. He has two timeouts.

Unitas hits Rocket Ismail for a long play that gets him to about the 50. Unitas goes no huddle and his team runs up to the line. Now for some reason, Unitas lets the playclock get all the way to 4 seconds before hiking the ball. He gets sacked with about 45 seconds remaining.

Danny's team decides not to use a timeout and goes no huddle again. For some reason his team waits until the clock gets close to zero for the second straight time. Unitas drops back and hits a generic for a short gain with 2 seconds left in the game. They finally call a timeout at this point.

For their final play Danny's squad goes for a hail mary and Unitas is sacked to end the game lol. His VIP doesn't believe in clock management.

On top of all of that, his guys got called for 4 encroachment penalties. The guy that was supposed to represent the player that he was controlling was on drugs or something because he was bugging out. Prior to the snap he would run all over the field before settling into his position. Interesting profile, Danny haha. Good ol 2K.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 03-27-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 05:20 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Danny has a ******** *** profile. I'm up 7-0 and his team picks me off in my endzone with about 1:30 left in the game. He has two timeouts.

Unitas hits Rocket Ismail for a long play that gets him to about the 50. Unitas goes no huddle and his team runs up to the line. Now for some reason, Unitas lets the playclock get all the way to 4 seconds before hiking the ball. He gets sacked with about 45 seconds remaining.

Danny's team decides not to use a timeout and goes no huddle again. For some reason his team waits until the clock gets close to zero for the second straight time. Unitas drops back and hits a generic for a short gain with 2 seconds left in the game. They finally call a timeout at this point.

For their final play Danny's squad goes for a hail mary and Unitas is sacked to end the game lol. His VIP doesn't believe in clock management.

On top of all of that, his guys got called for 4 encroachment penalties. The guy that was supposed to represent the player that he was controlling was on drugs or something because he was bugging out. Prior to the snap he would run all over the field before settling into his position. Interesting profile, Danny haha. Good ol 2K.
Ok danny now we know you got to work on clock management
Old 03-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #7
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I have tried downloading profiles before, and never had it work properly. I think the AI doesn't know what to do if the profile's plays are not in the book. I have seen the circling of a player against a VIP who I know never does it. The VIP / AI seems to like to call a lot of bear formations even though the VIPs I downloaded never do. I honestly don't think the VIP AI is working properly at all.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:28 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Ok danny now we know you got to work on clock management
They told me that I'm special and I didn't have to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »