Home

Revisiting Art "fatso" Donovan

This is a discussion on Revisiting Art "fatso" Donovan within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 12:31 PM   #1
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
Revisiting Art "fatso" Donovan

Man I don't know what I was thinking not using this guy.OMG CK you ARE right....Fatso blows up almost every play....He kills Gen Lineman and even Man handles Legends too...I paired him with Dan Saleamua and it was lights out.Those two are just about unblockable.The thing a bout donovan that makes him soo special is his leadership and stamina.By the time the 4th quarter rolls around he starts throwing lineman around like ragg dolls..It is very funny to watch if he is on your team.I have been making a few teams based on.Strong DT play and Strong LB

Goldonovan
Bronze:Saleamua
Silver :Buniconti
Bronze:carl Banks
Bronze:Eugene Robinson

Fun group on defense to use.You could throw in a corner if you want but you dont have to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Revisiting Art "fatso" Donovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Man I don't know what I was thinking not using this guy.OMG CK you ARE right....Fatso blows up almost every play....He kills Gen Lineman and even Man handles Legends too...I paired him with Dan Saleamua and it was lights out.Those two are just about unblockable.The thing a bout donovan that makes him soo special is his leadership and stamina.By the time the 4th quarter rolls around he starts throwing lineman around like ragg dolls..It is very funny to watch if he is on your team.I have been making a few teams based on.Strong DT play and Strong LB

Goldonovan
Bronze:Saleamua
Silver :Buniconti
Bronze:carl Banks
Bronze:Eugene Robinson

Fun group on defense to use.You could throw in a corner if you want but you dont have to.
+1. Fatso is the sh!t.

I wish they had Merlin Olsen in the game. He'd be a similar type of guy. Imagine pairing him with Deacon like real life!
Old 05-13-2009, 12:51 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 55

Yeah Art's run coverage and bull rush makes inside runs low percentage plays at all times. His pass rush is consistent, but not extremely fast. He presses the pocket and controls the line of scrimmage better than any DL in the game. Definitely can be used as the linchpin to a defense, particularly a 3-4... kinda like Jamal Williams in San Diego.

Stamina is awesome... he rarely leaves the field... so the inside is just yours. Leadership is great to have also because it opens up legend selection across the rest of your team.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 34

Art is the best 3-4 Nose in the game. He NEVER tires.

If you want some giggles. Pair Art DOnovan and Bob Lilly together, with your generic Linemen set to passrush.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:23 PM   #5
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

I used to use Donovan a lot but I found his lack for a great block-shedding move (aside from the Bull Rush) to be his big achillies heal. Many times, his Bull Rush actually takes him out of the play or opens up a gaping hole. For a Gold level, I'd much rather take Randy White, but he's not as stout against the run. It's a tough trade off: either take White who's Clutch & Swim move are devastating or Donovan who's Leadership & Stamina add a lot more "umph" to the defense.

Oddly enough, neither of these guys were 3-4 noses in the league yet that's where they excel at in this game. ???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

I don't fully understand the role of the NT, so bare with me on this, but what makes you say that Art dominates in a 3-4? I have tried him there, but found he got double-teamed on every play and rarely broke through to make an impact. True, this freed up other players to make plays, but I was always left wondering why I shouldn't make the NG a bronze that draws the double team, and use that gold on an LB.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:51 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 55

Many inside run plays do not have the NG doubled so he just eats up anything between the B gaps in my experience.

If you want to help get him single up, blitz some ILB's
Old 05-13-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

alright, i might try this. What do you think of a build with him at NG, 3 legend LB's, and two safeties?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »