Home

Just got this for 360, but everyone cheats online.

This is a discussion on Just got this for 360, but everyone cheats online. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Just got this for 360, but everyone cheats online.

Looking for some sim gamers to play with, that don't just try and find every cheap way possible to win.

Gt - raiders81tim
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 04:11 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Just got this for 360, but everyone cheats online.

If you want to find real games and leagues either play with only your friends (my GT is DJx79x if you dont have any with the game) and go sign up for casualadultgamers.com they run leagues in this game and it is a great site
Old 05-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #3
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Only play guys with an 85% reputation or higher. It'll definitely help you enjoy the experience much more.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Check out the APF 2K8 section on casualadultgaming.com

Lots of great 360 players and leagues there.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Whats with out routes vs man coverage? Anytime I play a man defense my CB gets beat on an out route, which is one of the easiest routes to cover in real life. And if I call zone deep fades destroy it. Which is completely backwards a deep fade vs a zone 3 or 4 would get picked off everytime in real life. I could understand a deep post, put fades are used vs man coverage.

I heard alot of good things about this game, but the more I play it the more broken it seems. This is just as bad as Madden, unless I'm missing something.

The run game is stupidly overpowered as well. The dog on super glue blocking. It doesn't matter who it is if they get even remotely touched by a blocker they are out of the play which should be the case for all star LBs. It seems the more people you put into the box the more likely it is a huge hole will open up. It's like they complete forgot to employ proper defense.

Don't mean to sound like a bitch, but how do you guys play defense? It seems completely broken to me. I've tried it all. I have a deep knowledge of the game, but every logical defense seems to get countered by the most illogical play call.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I bought this game today because of how highly it is regarding gameplay wise. I have a ps3 and gotta admit, it feels kinda clunky. The replays look great but actual playing feels laggy

The online isnt working right now but I am trying to find some good sliders...

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:37 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I bought this game today because of how highly it is regarding gameplay wise. I have a ps3 and gotta admit, it feels kinda clunky. The replays look great but actual playing feels laggy

The online isnt working right now but I am trying to find some good sliders...

like me, that may be just because youre use to the darty speedy stuff in EA madden etc. Its just a video game, it has its flaws, but after playing it for more than than just a couple hours, you'll start to appreciate the football purity and the feel it has in it. Last year I started playing the game alot and then put in my ncaa 10 and was thoroughly disgusted with the way the players moved in ncaa...I think that ncaa 11 and apf 2k8 are better than madden though
Old 05-25-2011, 11:01 AM   #8
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

There is a pretty big learning curve with momentum & physics in APF compared to Madden titles; APF plays very heavy while Madden is far too smooth, neither of which is perfect. The best advice I can give you is to be VERY deliberate on your path of impact on APF because your momentum and acceleration are greatly affected by things like weight, height, and the player himself.

For instance, as a LB you need to take the proper angle of pursuit much like you would in real life. In Madden, you can get away with taking the wrong angle, correcting it, and still being in position to make a play, while in APF, if you do so you'll be completely out of position. Guys like CBs & Safeties can afford to cut and turn while chasing down a ball carrier because generally those players are more light on their feet and have the agility to redistribute their body weight. DL have a harder time chasing down players in open space, but if in the backfield or in the trenches you can control them better in tight spaces especially when engaged with a blocker. For this reason, the Ability system is key in APF; things like Quick Feet really help a player move more fluidly while moves like Swim, Bull Rush, etc help a defender disengage from a blocker.

As far as the comment regarding the run game being over-powered, I wonder what you may be doing with your line stunts and defensive assignments or what difficulty you have it on. The DL stunts really do impact how the defense plays and which holes will open up. For example, if you stunt left and the offense runs right unless you have a LB containing the outside right you are pretty much screwed. It's all about knowing the tendencies, playcalling situation (down & distance) and making sure you are controlling your assignment properly. If you're going to freelance on the field, you need to make sure you are making an impact with your player or else you leave a big hole for the offense to exploit.

Last edited by elgreazy1; 05-25-2011 at 11:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »