Home

Is Finn's editor the key to a Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on Is Finn's editor the key to a Franchise Mode? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Is Finn's editor the key to a Franchise Mode?

I was thinking about the potential of Finn's editor at work today....I'm not sure if the team sorting aspect of it was ever completed...but what if something like the following was possible

- After a season, you upload your season file and roster file's into finn's editor or somethin similar...
- You're able to tag 1 gold, 1 silver, 3 bronze, and 3 non-tiered players to remain on your roster
- The remaining tiered and non-tiered players are released into a general player pool
- Then there's a draft with teams ordered based on their end-of-season standings
- The draft is 4 "days"...day 1-Gold, day 2-Silver, day 3-Bronze, day 4-Non Tiered
- Once the draft is completed,you save a new roster file. upload it to your xbox and start a new season which will be considered season 2...then rinse repeat after season 2 is over.

i figured parameters could be set for the roster limits-per position to prevent teams from auto-drafting crazily. Plus I figure a team-needs calculator could be programmed as well based on statistical data.

This is just somethin general. needs a lot of fleshing out and work but I just want feedback and suggestions. A looooooong time ago back on Maddenmania...me and another guy came up with an excel spreadsheet that calculated player trade value to help user make fair trades vs the cpu because, at the time, the cpu had very poor trade ai and counter-trade logic. the program was pretty cool...we even added some gm comments for a little humor.

Anyway, what do you guys think?...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Re: Is Finn's editor the key to a Franchise Mode?

No thoughts on this? C'mon OS
Old 06-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

bump...........
Old 06-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I think it's interesting. Wish it could be like MaddenAMP (from Madden PC) where you could actually have the draft in a simulated text only format. I'm not home, so I can't remember which Madden it was - but I remember how much fun it was. The bell would ring when a pick came in.

Finn's editors for 2k5 and apf2k8 are a absolute joy. I think your ideas are solid - lots of work - but then again, this game is so beautiful that the hard work would surely make it worth it. I created 230 rookies from my NCAA 08 class into 2k5 for my Houston Texans report a couple years ago; well worth it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »