Home

Question about Editing--Would giving every DE and DT Ball Strip be a good idea?

This is a discussion on Question about Editing--Would giving every DE and DT Ball Strip be a good idea? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Question about Editing--Would giving every DE and DT Ball Strip be a good idea?

What do you guys think of this idea? Also, editing Strip Ball to a few of the OLB's and ILB's, would this be a good idea? I would lower QB Secure Ball to 20 for all QB's and have the Fumble Slider set to 100. Only Derrick Thomas had Ball Strip in APF 2K8, and maybe Jack Tatum did as well. Looking for your guys input. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Question about Editing--Would giving every DE and DT Ball Strip be a good idea?

The main reason there are so few fumbles in APF 2K8 is because all of the skill position players in the game are rated either an 80 or 90 in ball security, regardless of tier or position.

So the better solution would be to go in and lower the ball security ratings for every skill position player you plan on playing against.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Question about Editing--Would giving every DE and DT Ball Strip be a good idea?

You could also look into adding players to your defense with other ball hawking skills like: Ball Hawk, Loose Ball Magnet or Big Hit... even Clutch and/or Leadership. These abilities when combined together across an entire team can really lead to some turn overs or a strong defense as a whole, which is what I think you're probably aiming for at the end of the day.

For example: one of my more successful teams has Lott, Night Train, Doleman, Waters, Banks, & CAP OLB; altogether the team has 4 players with Big Hit, 3 with Ball Hawk, 2 Loose Ball Magnet, 3 with Run Coverage, 2 with Coverage Bonus, 2 with Pass Rush Bonus & 1 Leadership Bonus. So when you start looking at your team as a whole, it really starts adding up.

Last edited by elgreazy1; 09-30-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:15 AM   #4
Banned

Smile Re: Question about Editing--Would giving every DE and DT Ball Strip be a good idea?

So, with the Fumble slider set to 100, and all defensive linemen with ball strip, what are good ratings for the offensive players secure ball rating?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #5
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

From my experience the Ball Strip ability is primarily a blind side Lawrence Taylor style quarterback strip of the football. Unfortunately it fires off randomly thus making it a very rare occurrence. So even if you get all the right conditions of catching a blind sided qb with a ball strip player the animation might still not fire. However combined with other abilities it does offer other aspects not so apparent.

1. When being blocked ball strippers with pass rush ability almost always get an edge or are able to turn the corner or ride to one side or another. I guess this is to enable an opportunity to get around the corner to ball strip a QB.

2. More ball strippers and big hitters leads to the team pct. of causing a fumble to happen. for example I have seen where just adding a few ball strippers and big hitters to a lineup would cause my generics to go for big hits and cause fumbles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 02:59 AM   #6
Banned

Thanks catcatch22 and others! So, adding Ball Strip will increase overall sacks also? And where do you suggest I set the Secure Ball rating for Offensive Players? Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »