Home

ordered 2k8

This is a discussion on ordered 2k8 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
Rookie

Soprano00's Arena

OVR: 1
ordered 2k8

I don't completely dislike madden, but really needed to try some different football game, therefore I ordered my (pre owned) copy of 2k8.

Hope to enjoy it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: ordered 2k8

It might not have all the features you have in madden but the on-field experience is something everyone should try out.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
It might not have all the features you have in madden but the on-field experience is something everyone should try out.
So true. Features don't go far beyond "Season Mode" and "Practice" but it is addicting to create new teams and take them into practice.

Have fun!
Old 11-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

You really have to get a second controller or you'll have to suffer playing against the dreadful default uniforms the game shipped with, and when I say dreadful I mean UFL dreadful.

No way to avoid that in Season Mode, but at least you can make a small 8-Team league and play Quick Play games with your own designs.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

A few word of advice..

- Don't make up your mind about this game until at least 5 to 10 games in. Its true worth comes when you truly get used to the games.
- Thrown out EVERYTHING you know about football by playing madden. It won't serve you here. Remember to plant your feet as a QB as play as simulation like as possible if you wanna be successful.
- On defense, the default zones are sometimes not adequate in their coverage so get used to manually adjusting deep zones.
- Avoid offensive lineman legends.. They simply are not needed and generics do fine.
- Create a crap ton of teams trying out different players and combinations. This is where the game shines.

Good luck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

To add to that, focus on building a team around a concept. It could be anything. I've built teams where every defender had the "Big Hit" attribute and it completely stifled any run game. I've built teams focusing on intense pressure packages & zone coverage with 3 DLine Legends and 0 secondary Legends. I've created ground-n-pound with 2 TEs, HB, FB, QB & 1 WR, etc. It's the team building and checks n balances process that added so much more to this game.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:44 AM   #7
Rookie

Soprano00's Arena

thanks for all the suggestions guys, I'm still waiting for the game to come (ordered in UK, it's basically impossible to find it here in Austria). I'll let you know!
Old 12-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #8
Rookie

KDayisBack's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataris
A few word of advice..

- Don't make up your mind about this game until at least 5 to 10 games in. Its true worth comes when you truly get used to the games.
- Thrown out EVERYTHING you know about football by playing madden. It won't serve you here. Remember to plant your feet as a QB as play as simulation like as possible if you wanna be successful.
- On defense, the default zones are sometimes not adequate in their coverage so get used to manually adjusting deep zones.
- Avoid offensive lineman legends.. They simply are not needed and generics do fine.
- Create a crap ton of teams trying out different players and combinations. This is where the game shines.

Good luck!
I found that to be true vs the computer, but if you're playing against someone, it might be a different story. Especially if they control a D-Lineman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »