Home

Stop running backwards on curl routes

This is a discussion on Stop running backwards on curl routes within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Stop running backwards on curl routes

How do you do this? It seems every time I complete a pass on a curl route, my WR ends up either gaining no yards or losing 2-3 yards because after the catch, he runs back towards the line of scrimmage.

So, how do I get my guy moving forward, or at the very least, bring him to a stop, after the catch?

By the way, I've been friggin' hooked on this game after going through the teams I downloaed and adjusting the ratings (PS3). Yes, the game is lacking a lot of features but the on-field stuff is just awesome. I'm done with Madden and it's all Backbreaker now.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Stop running backwards on curl routes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
How do you do this? It seems every time I complete a pass on a curl route, my WR ends up either gaining no yards or losing 2-3 yards because after the catch, he runs back towards the line of scrimmage.

So, how do I get my guy moving forward, or at the very least, bring him to a stop, after the catch?

By the way, I've been friggin' hooked on this game after going through the teams I downloaed and adjusting the ratings (PS3). Yes, the game is lacking a lot of features but the on-field stuff is just awesome. I'm done with Madden and it's all Backbreaker now.
I dont think you can, but you could throw the ball while they are still running forward and hope the DB doesent bat/pick it.

Also I re-bought BB add me on PSN-SteelaNati0n
Old 02-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have had the same problem. But I have gotten it to work. I think it’s the timing. If you wait too long they will run too far backwards. If you throw too early then he just runs straight. But if you time it with the cut back, I think it works better. Not completely sure, maybe someone can verify.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ

Are you holding directly up (12 o'clock) on the left stick? He should turn right around for you(I do think he has to "finish" his route first tho). Ill havent to tried a short curl, but the deep curls work great for me if I get him enough time to "finish" his route. I would practice on the deeper curls when the D is in zone and you should get a better idea of how they work in this game.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #5
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Are you holding directly up (12 o'clock) on the left stick? He should turn right around for you(I do think he has to "finish" his route first tho). Ill havent to tried a short curl, but the deep curls work great for me if I get him enough time to "finish" his route. I would practice on the deeper curls when the D is in zone and you should get a better idea of how they work in this game.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm holding up on the stick.

The controls are still taking some getting used to from EA's game. I have a hard time turning around or getting to the edge. But it makes the game fun that way, as I'm learning new things.

The player interactions are really well done in this game and the tackles are a thing of beauty.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #6
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm holding up on the stick.

The controls are still taking some getting used to from EA's game. I have a hard time turning around or getting to the edge. But it makes the game fun that way, as I'm learning new things.

The player interactions are really well done in this game and the tackles are a thing of beauty.
Yeah I am not 100% on what I do but I can get guys on a (deep)curl to pull a 180 and start heading the right direction(sometimes). When I figure it out Ill post it here.

I agree with everything else you said. I played Phobia the other night and it was a thing of beauty. When you have a guy that knows the game well enough to really be able to then read the D and find the open man, it turns into everything you could ask for. Of course there are plenty of WTF moments, but I have had the same amount of those moments playing any football game. They all have their own unique WTF moments so you got to take the good with the bad.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:30 AM   #7
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

The key is to NOT hit sprint or focus before turning the player. Any time you hit focus or aggressive, the player seems to accelerate uncontrollably in the direction they are facing. There is no leeway in turning when accelerating in this game, the players handle more like mid size sedans rather than highly trained agile athletes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »