Home

Almost 10 years since release how do you feel about Backbreaker?

This is a discussion on Almost 10 years since release how do you feel about Backbreaker? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2023, 11:36 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Almost 10 years since release how do you feel about Backbreaker?

Sorry to revive possibly a dead thread but I'm new and can't make my own thread.

Anyway, has anyone heard of any evidence of 2K using the euphoria or morpheme engines? They have the rights since they bought Zynga for a few billi.

Been big on NaturalMotion and Backbreaker since it's inception. Really sad that they didn't create a Backbreaker 2 as it would have ironed out a lot of problems with the game.

But I was doing research on euphoria and morpheme. And Take Two (parent of 2K) bought Zynga which bought NaturalMotion. Hence Take Two/Rockstar/2K having the engines to use for things like GTA6 (cause they've been using it since GTA3) and possibly a new football game. Again just wondering if anybody heard anything about it being brought back?

Not gonna get my hopes up cause it's now pretty old tech, but useful.
Old 09-05-2023, 11:45 PM   #10
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm keeping my hopes up that's exactly what they bought it for. Others speculate it's for mobile games, and perhaps both are involved. But my dream is that they're incorporating Euphoria in the best ways possible, whether it's an arcade or simulation title.

Let me be clear: whether Euphoria or something else, I will absolutely be disappointed if they do not have a real-time physics engine for 2K's next simulation title. I am letting speculation become expectation at this point.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-19-2023, 07:34 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Would have loved to see what this game could have become with a sustained commitment from the developer. I feel like it could have been something special.

But it's been this way since the dawn of time... as much as people say they hate Madden and want new football options, they just won't support anything without an official license.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »