Home

Coach K...(Rob11) JU Dolphins (NCAA Basketball 09)

This is a discussion on Coach K...(Rob11) JU Dolphins (NCAA Basketball 09) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Coach K...(Rob11) JU Dolphins (NCAA Basketball 09)

Miami & 'Nova. Man you had your boys clicking those two games. Keep it updated man, I enjoy following your dynasty.

Good luck in conference play and good luck against Belmont this year. You guys owe them a couple of times over.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-11-2009, 11:50 PM   #10
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Miami & 'Nova. Man you had your boys clicking those two games. Keep it updated man, I enjoy following your dynasty.

Good luck in conference play and good luck against Belmont this year. You guys owe them a couple of times over.
you got that right....the Belmont games are circled (in red) on our calendar!
Old 01-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #11
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
you got that right....the Belmont games are circled (in red) on our calendar!
I'm curious to see whether or not you run the score up on them if given the opportunity.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #12
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Krob, looking good my friend. I'm debating whether to run a dynasty thread...at this point I feel you have outdone all of what I could do, so I would be copying. lol.

This is nice man, I really like what you've done here and here's to Jacksonville making it to the NCAA's as conference champions!
Old 01-13-2009, 12:17 AM   #13
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

Smith lifts Dolphins past
Lipscomb

Lipscomb defenders could not find an answer
to stop JU Senior guard Ben Smith who was on
his way to a career scoring night.

(AP) -- The Jacksonville Dolphins (11-7) got a big lift from their Senior point guard in their conference opener against Lipscomb. Ben Smith led the Dolphins to a 73-70 victory on the road scoring a career high 32 points. Smith also added 6 assists and 5 steals. "I just felt great out there tonight. I can't really explain it. Everything just kinda fell into place for me tonight. I'm just glad we were able to come in and get the victory," Smith said after the game. JU, who was down by as many as 15 points early in the first half, had to scratch and claw their way back into the game. They cut the lead down to 2 by halftime and continued to battle hard in the second half. Lipscomb (13-5) did have a chance to tie the game with a last second desparation three by Josh Slater, but it missed and JU held on for the victory.

Freshman center, Ben Hinton added 12 points and 8 rebounds in his conference debut.

1st
2nd
OT
FINAL

Jacksonville
(11-7)
-

Lipscomb
(13-5)
-

Leading Scorers

JU

Ben Smith - 32
Ben Hinton - 12
Tevin Galvin - 11

Lipscomb

Jacob Arnett - 24
Brian Wright - 18
Adnan Hodzic - 8
Matt Shaw - 8

PLAYER OF THE GAME: Ben Smith (32 points, 5 assists, 5 steals)

Last edited by K_rob11; 01-13-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:21 AM   #14
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'm curious to see whether or not you run the score up on them if given the opportunity.
lol

We do not encourage our kids to run up the score on anybody. We are trying to run a program that is based upon self respect and good sportsmanship.

....unless we are playing Belmont!

Last edited by K_rob11; 01-13-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:33 AM   #15
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

--------------------------------------------------------------

Davis: "Hello, I'm Rece Davis, along with Digger Phelps,....Jay Bilas, and Dick Vitale.....And Welcome to the 1st edition of ESPN College Hoops Gameday for the 2009 college basketball season. Be sure to join us each and every week as we break down the week that was in college basketball. We will have expert analysis, breakdowns, predictions, and plenty more."

".....and guys I know we are almost halfway through the season already and some teams are even well into conference play. I must say that I am very excited about how things are shaping up......It looks like another great year in college basketball Dick..."

Vitale: Rece, your right. But it's ALWAYS a great year for college basketball. And now it's just going to get even better as teams are in the meat and potatoes of their schedule, going into conference play. I can't wait. I...CAN-NOT-WAIT... to watch the best of the best perform in their conference. The best players, the best coaches, the best teams, THE BEST FANS!!! Its gonna be awesome BABY with a capital A!!!!

Bilas: (laughing) I'm sorry, did you say meat and potatoes? But you guys are right. Alot of questions are going to be answered for some of these top rated teams. Will teams like Florida and Texas be able to keep up their play now that they are going into conference play. Alot of people want to know if these teams that are on top of the polls for real.

Davis: Well Jay, you mentioned the polls lets take a look at them right now:

1. Florida (14-2)
2. Texas (13-3)
3. Gonzaga (12-5)
4. Davidson (14-3)
5. Memphis (11-5)
6. Duke (11-5)
7 North Carolina (9-7)
8. Kansas (11-4)
9. UNLV (13-4)
10. Northeastern (13-4)
11. Alabama (12-4)
12. Villanova (9-5)
13. Tennessee (9-6)
14. Xavier (10-5)
15. Creighton (10-2)
16. Purdue (12-5)
17. Connecticut (10-4)
18. Vanderbilt (10-6)
19. Kentucky (10-5)
20. Tulsa (11-5)
21. Oklahoma (9-6)
22. Illinois (11-5)
23. Nevada (11-6)
24. Georgia (13-3)
25. Syracuse (8-7)

Davis: ...and Digger, is there anything that sticks out to you in this weeks poll

Phelps: Sure- the lack of Big East teams in the top 10...or even in the entire poll for that matter. When you think about how strong that conference was rated at the beginning of the season, just as it always is, I am suprised that we only have 3 teams from the Big East in the top 25....and that's barely in the top 25 with Syracuse at 25.

Vitale: Well you hit it on the head Digger with the Big East. I mean you think about the disappointments in that conference. When you are talking about Pittsburgh who is struggling right now at 8-5. And certainly, you have to talk about Rick Pitino and his ball club at 3-11! I mean are you SERIOUS??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!! 3 AND 11 ???!!! I mean you're talking about a team in the Louisville Cardinals that were picked to be somewhere at the top of the Big East by the end of the year...but certainly not now...not when you have devastating, and I MEAN DEVASTATING losses to teams like Kansas State, VCU, Indiana State, Tulsa -even though they are in the top 25....I mean C'MON, ....I mean with all due respect to Doug Wojcik and his crew, they certainly have an excellent program going on there at Tulsa, BUT C'MON, WHEN DOES LOUISVILLE LOSE TO TULSA, AT HOME??!! C'MONNNNNN!

Davis: Alright,....well that will do it for this addition of College Gameday....

Vitale: (interrupting) You mean that's it???!! THAT'S IT??? I WAS JUST GETTING STARTED MAN, WE HAVEN'T EVEN MENTIONED what a great job Billy Donovan has been doing down there at Florida, or how about Northwestern at # 10 in the country??! Stephen Curry's fabulous senior year! I mean it's absolutely FANTASTIC BABY! I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS COLLEGE BASKETBALL SEASON!!

Davis: Well I'm sure you are Dick, we all are and we will get to all of that next week.....For Dick Vitale, Digger Phelps and Jay Bilas, I'm Rece Davis, we will see you next week. So long everybody.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2009, 07:07 AM   #16
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
Krob, looking good my friend. I'm debating whether to run a dynasty thread...at this point I feel you have outdone all of what I could do, so I would be copying. lol.

This is nice man, I really like what you've done here and here's to Jacksonville making it to the NCAA's as conference champions!
Thanks for checking in jkra0512....If my freshman starting center keeps playing the way he's playing, I think we will have a good chance in the A-Sun tournament.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »