Home

[PS5] A Whole New Game - MyWNBA Minnesota Lynx Fantasy Draft Franchise

This is a discussion on [PS5] A Whole New Game - MyWNBA Minnesota Lynx Fantasy Draft Franchise within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2020, 05:48 AM   #1
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23
[PS5] A Whole New Game - MyWNBA Minnesota Lynx Fantasy Draft Franchise

9107_wnba-2020-apple.jpg

A WHOLE NEW GAME

36 Game Seasons
10 Minute Quarters
Fantasy Draft
Playoff Format: 1 Game (R1 and R2), Best of 5 (Semifinals and Finals)
Superstar Difficulty

Next gen is here! With the new firepower, the WNBA now has a dedicated Franchise Mode with MyWNBA. I will be honest, I don't know much of the WNBA as I'm not an avid follower; however, that's what has me excited to start a WNBA Dynasty - it will allow me to learn more about the players and the game, and gain a whole new respect for it. It truly does play like a different game than the NBA games, and I can respect that.

So with that being said, since I don't know the league NEARLY as much as the NBA, I'm excited to start this up as it puts me in foreign territory; I only know the main stars (Delle Donne, Stewart, Moore, Parker, Taurasi, etc.). This ensures that I will have to put the work in in order to build a dynasty in the WNBA. The shorter seasons (36 games compared to 82) is also a big benefit, as it will help me go through seasons much quicker than the NBA without having to sacrifice playing games. A final benefit to this? I won't be nearly as much of a "stickler" to trying to perfect statistics and the such; I won't have to be tweaking sliders to get everything just perfect, such as threes, points in the paint, etc... It's just going to be basketball, nothing else.

As for my team selection, I just chose the Lynx as they're the most "local" team that I have being located in the Midwest. So with that, let's get this **** rolling

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2020, 06:07 AM   #2
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

Re: [PS5] A Whole New Game - MyWNBA Minnesota Lynx Fantasy Draft Franchise

Untitled-2-e1567543688576.jpg

FANTASY DRAFT RESULTS/LYNX TEAM PREVIEW

In an attempt to garner new interest in the WNBA, the league has decided to essentially do a "do-over," and is hosting a league-wide player draft in order to balance the league. Draft order was chosen at random, and it goes as follows: Sky, Mercury, Storm, Mystics, Dream, Fever, Sun, Sparks, Lynx, Wings, Liberty, Aces, and then it serpentines back with the Aces, Liberty, etc., in the second round and so on and so forth.

TEAM ROSTER:

2020 Minnesota Lynx
#NAMEPOSAGEHTWTSALARY
8Liz Cambage - 91 OVRC296'8"216 lbs3 YRS - $426K
4Skylar Diggins-Smith - 89 OVRG305'9"145 lbs1 YR - $164K
15Tiffany Hayes - 84 OVRG315'10"155 lbs1 YR - $86K
9Natasha Cloud - 82 OVRF/G295'9"160 lbs3 YRS - $226K
11Natalie Achonwa - 81 OVRF/C286'3"190 lbs3 YRS - $411K
2Mercedes Russell - 78 OVRC256'6"195 lbs1 YR - $93K
20Julie Allemand - 78 OVRG245'8"147 lbs2 YRS - $186K
3Tayler Hill - 77 OVRG305'9"145 lbs1 YR - $57K
12Lexie Brown - 76 OVRG/F265'9"160 lbs1 YR - $100K
10Megan Gustafson - 74 OVRF246'3"195 lbs3 YRS - $337K
19Jisu Park - 74 OVRF/C226'5"206 lbs1 YR - $93K
18Jocelyn Willoughby - 73 OVRF/G236'0"180 lbs3 YRS - $252K

----------------

The Minnesota Lynx will enter the new WNBA with two standout stars in Liz Cambage and Skylar Diggins-Smith. The duo will look to reign in a new era of Lynx basketball with a strong 1-2 punch, as Cambage should dominate most women inside the paint, while Diggins-Smith should be able to use her agility and shooting touch on the perimeter to keep defenses honest and take some pressure off of Cambage. No doubt about it, these two will be key in the Lynx's season this year. Joining them in the starting lineup is 8 year pro Tiffany Hayes, another gifted scorer in her own right. 5th year pro Natasha Cloud will likely get the nod at small forward, and 6th year pro Natalie Achonwa rounds out the starting lineup at power forward. It's a well-rounded starting five where all five women can put the ball on the floor as well as stretch the defense out with their shooting ability.

The bench will be led by 3rd year pro Mercedes Russell at center, who stands at an impressive 6'6". Joining her in the reserves are 24 year old Julie Allemand at PG, Tayler Hill at combo guard, Lexie Brown on the wing, Megan Gustafson at forward, Jisu Park down low, and Jocelyn Willoughby on the wing. The bench is definitely more youthful than the starting lineup, and possibly more athletic at that. Look for Allemand, Brown, and Gustafson to get some heavy playing time thanks to their youth and skillsets.

The Lynx will be coached by Cheryl Reeve.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Last edited by JazzMan; 11-14-2020 at 06:14 AM.
Old 11-14-2020, 08:20 AM   #3
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

OVR: 0

Wait hold up! NBA2k20 had the WNBA and I tried doing a Storm Franchise but the game only had a one year Season mode. What game has the WNBA Franchise mode? Is it just next Gen only? I'm still on the PS4.
Old 11-14-2020, 08:29 AM   #4
MVP

nuka's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstone1987
Wait hold up! NBA2k20 had the WNBA and I tried doing a Storm Franchise but the game only had a one year Season mode. What game has the WNBA Franchise mode? Is it just next Gen only? I'm still on the PS4.
i believe its 2k21 next gen only
Old 11-14-2020, 07:47 PM   #5
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstone1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuka
i believe its 2k21 next gen only
Yup, next gen only

Figured I'd give it a shot. Played my first game last night and it was actually a lot of fun, I'll get around to posting it here when I get a chance

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2020, 09:15 PM   #6
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

OVR: 0

Awesome thank you