Home

Letter to EASPORTS CEO Andrew Wilson about a boxing videogame

This is a discussion on Letter to EASPORTS CEO Andrew Wilson about a boxing videogame within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2017, 01:28 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 39
Letter to EASPORTS CEO Andrew Wilson about a boxing videogame

Dear Mr. Andrew Wilson,

The boxing and videogame communities are upset that you and EA has giving up on boxing. Boxing has had many major fights since the last Fight Night game. There were and still many opportunities to capitalize of boxing.
Boxing isn't going anywhere or dying out because it's fanbase is dedicated. Boxing is where the money is and if a company like EA give fans the depth and presentation deserving of the sport it will sell large numbers.

P.S. Microtransactioning to pay hard to get boxers could entice boxers to sign. There are also many boxers still willing to be in a boxing game for free.

http://boxinggamewishlist.proboards.com/forum

~POETICDRINK2U~

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2017, 06:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Letter to EASPORTS CEO Andrew Wilson about a boxing videogame

With Dana White announcing he wants to get into promoting boxing, under the UFC banner, UFC 4 may have a boxing mode. If Dana can sign some big names, UFC can become a huge MMA and Boxing promotion. I'm sure UFC would want all sports under their promotion represented in future games. This would save EA money and allow them to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2017, 06:31 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaChiefs
With Dana White announcing he wants to get into promoting boxing, under the UFC banner, UFC 4 may have a boxing mode. If Dana can sign some big names, UFC can become a huge MMA and Boxing promotion. I'm sure UFC would want all sports under their promotion represented in future games. This would save EA money and allow them to kill 2 birds with one stone.

The Sports Business Journal reported on its podcast this morning that White could align with Al Haymon and PBC to co-promote boxing matches.

That makes sense. White needs a boxing patron, a toehold in boxing. Haymon has burned through his investment seed funds and needs money, and White and the UFC are swimming in that.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

That could be even better in regards to boxing gaming. We could get full PBC licensing

Old 11-08-2017, 08:50 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
The Sports Business Journal reported on its podcast this morning that White could align with Al Haymon and PBC to co-promote boxing matches.

That makes sense. White needs a boxing patron, a toehold in boxing. Haymon has burned through his investment seed funds and needs money, and White and the UFC are swimming in that.
I can't believe you believe MMA is making more money than boxing. Boxing didn't need McGregor. Boxers make much more money than a MMA fighter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2017, 02:09 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

EA has the history & the funds but I hope other developers will look at boxing also.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-12-2017, 10:57 PM   #7
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

if EA simply does a remake of fight night champion and combines the legacy mode and champion mode into one, it would be amazing and could rival 2k's top notch myplayer mode. as far as licensed boxers go, just get as many as they can and keep the boxer share feature in place and it will be all good. maybe just change the legacy/champion mode story into a rising fighter starting in the golden gloves, olympics (or world amateur championships) and then professional career. also bring in lampley and kellerman for commentators and it will be as good as it gets.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:03 PM   #8
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaChiefs

i LOVE this idea....UFC/Boxing would be a huge seller because you would have the best of both worlds. they could also piggy back the success of the mayweather-mcgregor bout and maybe include both fighters as special DLC for the game. since floyd is now retired, he can do a jordan and approve his likeness in video games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »