Home

Anyone know how I CAN get the RROD?

This is a discussion on Anyone know how I CAN get the RROD? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2008, 01:49 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Anyone know how I CAN get the RROD?

(I hate calling it that, it's not even a ring. It's 3/4 of a ring)

I have one red light and the error "E71". I've had my XBox 360 since April 07, which means that my one year warranty is up. Now, to my understanding, the extended three year warranty only applies to the three red lights, which I've already fixed quite a few times with the towel (or in my case, raggedy sweater) trick.

Now, what I want is to find a way to manually give my 360 the three red lights so I don't have to pay the $94 dollar fee when I send it in.

I'm already trying to overheat it by running the towel trick until the system shuts itself down. But, the three red lights only appear immediately after I overheat the box. After it cools down, it goes back to one light. I plan on repeating this process until the three red lights don't go away.

What I'm asking is if anyone knows a better way to do it. I also want to know if Microsoft hold true to that warranty. I've heard about people who didn't have to pay a dime for sending it in regardless of the problem, but that could have been because they still had their one year warranty, I really have no idea. Something even better would be a way to fix the error but that's just wishful thinking.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2008, 02:47 AM   #2
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Re: Anyone know how I CAN get the RROD?

Well I did some google searching. I found that some people just fill out the form on xbox.com and say they have the three red lights. And because they get so many RROD fixes, that MS doesn't really check to see if it truly has them.

You could try that...
Old 12-31-2008, 04:12 AM   #3
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Well I did some google searching. I found that some people just fill out the form on xbox.com and say they have the three red lights. And because they get so many RROD fixes, that MS doesn't really check to see if it truly has them.

You could try that...
I agree. I don't think Microsoft does extensive testing for long periods of times to see when and how it takes all three rings to light up. Chances are if you say you got the ROD, it will be "fixed."
Old 12-31-2008, 09:27 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

Alright, thanks. Looks like that's what I'm going to have to do, then.

Is there anyone on here that has or have friends that actually did this? I just wanna make sure this works before I send it so I don't get screwed over if they do check.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:28 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlon
Alright, thanks. Looks like that's what I'm going to have to do, then.

Is there anyone on here that has or have friends that actually did this? I just wanna make sure this works before I send it so I don't get screwed over if they do check.
Well..your system has had the three red lights before but its fine when it cools down. Technically your not lying if you said it has three red lights, and ask them to fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2008, 10:33 PM   #6
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Darlon, we are going through the same thing right now. We are on our third 360 (my son and I) and recently this 360 scratched three of his discs (please don't have me explain why the knucklehead didn't stop after the first). We are getting one ring, and working on 2 more. I think you are fine by calling up with a RROD because you in fact had one. If one occurs, the permanant one is on the way I would think. Good luck.

Anyone know what can be done about the damaged discs other than making coasters out of them?
Old 01-01-2009, 02:33 AM   #7
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890

You could try that...
That is exactly why I did, I had a different problem, but I just filled out the form saying I had the RROD and mines got, "fixed."
Old 01-01-2009, 02:41 AM   #8
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Anyone know what can be done about the damaged discs other than making coasters out of them?
depends on how bad they are scratched. some movie/game rental places have a CD/DVD repairer that can fix it. usually charges $1 or $2 per disc.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »