Home

Wii question.

This is a discussion on Wii question. within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
Pro

Lordcledus's Arena

OVR: 10
Wii question.

I'm picking up a Wii soon as a family gift, and I was wondering if you can use the larger SD cards like a 4gb one? I have seen the official Wii ones, but those only are sold as 1gb and 2 gb each. Also, are the classic controllers worth getting or should I just get a couple old Gamecube ones? I'm not really concerned with the price of either one as much as I am about functionality.

XBL: Lordcledus

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2009, 07:18 AM   #2
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Wii question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordcledus
I'm picking up a Wii soon as a family gift, and I was wondering if you can use the larger SD cards like a 4gb one? I have seen the official Wii ones, but those only are sold as 1gb and 2 gb each. Also, are the classic controllers worth getting or should I just get a couple old Gamecube ones? I'm not really concerned with the price of either one as much as I am about functionality.
Thus far only 2gig

Supposedly they are going to be doing a spring update that will allow for cards as high as 16gig... The main reason being, you can't play an Wii Ware or Virtual Console games off of the SD cards. The spring update will allow you to do that which will be MUCH needed.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:53 AM   #3
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordcledus
As for the Classic Controllers:
They plug into your Wii Remote with a cord.

If you get a cube wavebird they don't plug into anything, but they do run off of batteries so that's another source to worry about for batteries.

I have both the classic controller and the wavebirds. I kind of like the Classic's feel, but you do have the rest of the wii remote and a cord to worry about.

There's a couple 3rd party wireless pads that you can find from Nyko and others that are wireless and run off the same frequency as a remote.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I have the classic controller as well. It feels real good when playing the SNES games from the Virtual Console. I use the Wavebird on the N64 games (or at least most of them).

I think the problem with the bigger SD cards not working is the high capacity ones. I know some people have gotten some 4 GB cards to work on their Wii but they weren't the High Capacity style SD cards.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:27 AM   #5
Pro

Lordcledus's Arena

OVR: 10

Thanks for all the help.

XBL: Lordcledus

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »